villarule123

Rowett comes across as arrogant and someone who will do the dirty on the club he is at.

Allegedly got sacked by Blues because he was touting himself to other clubs behind their back, went to Derby, signed a new 3 year deal in Jan 18, then lost in the play offs and immediately requested permission to go to Stoke. How long before he's trying the same with them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andym said:

Rowett comes across as arrogant and someone who will do the dirty on the club he is at.

He also whines about other teams spending money mainly us but has spent a good bit at Stoke and Derby. 

On 23/08/2018 at 10:10, villa89 said:

I think a lot of teams that are in the premier league for a long time will struggle when they come down to the championship. They end up with half a squad that's trying to leave and players who have had a huge cut in pay (or some with no pay cut at all). For Brighton or Huddersfield it's not a big adjustment but for clubs that have been in the top flight 4+ years then it's massive. 

Stoke have their very own bomb squad, Eric Chupo Moting, N'Dyae, Charlie Adam and Gianni Imbula (signed him from Porto for 15m). According to John Percy one of those simply walked off the pitch when he was doing a one on one session in training as he'd had enough of it!

Berahino will probably go back to that group before long.

I did think they'd be better though. Butler-Shawcross-Martins Indi-Joe Allen-Tom Ince-Afobe. All players who have or should be good at this level.

Guess it's just a club that got so used to premier league they can't adapt now to Wigan at home on a Wednesday night and the different mentality that retires.  They'll have our 16/17 season.

The world when Berahino last scored

• Then Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce had not yet replaced Roy Hodgson as England manager
  • Donald Trump had not yet secured the Republican party's nomination for the 2016 United States presidential election
  • The United Kingdom was still nearly four months away from a referendum on European Union membership
  • France's future World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe had scored only one senior goal for Monaco
  • Sunderland still had another season ahead of them in the Premier League, before back-to-back relegations to League One

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45254730

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have appointed Luton manager as their new manager. This is a strange appointment for me. Doesn't have any championship experience and you would think stoke would be desperate for promotion this year.

One of the best young managers in England. Would have been good choice here if didnt get Smith

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of the best young managers in England. Would have been good choice here if didnt get Smith

I have never heard of him. Manage Luton and stoke city are two different animals.

He might do well.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have never heard of him. Manage Luton and stoke city are two different animals.

He might do well.

He beat us 3-1 a few seasons back in the cup. Think he has 2 promotions now at Luton

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He beat us 3-1 a few seasons back in the cup. Think he has 2 promotions now at Luton

He might do well but the jump from league one and two to championship is huge

This will be a .massive pressured job unlike his others. Similar to smith.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have appointed Luton manager as their new manager. This is a strange appointment for me. Doesn't have any championship experience and you would think stoke would be desperate for promotion this year.

Better than their recent dross like Rowett, Lambert, Pulis and Hughes! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Better than their recent dross like Rowett, Lambert, Pulis and Hughes! 

Exactly. Brave appointment, he would have been on my shortlist for Villa.

I applaud them for getting off the normal shit manager conveyor belt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Exactly. Brave appointment, he would have been on my shortlist for Villa.

I applaud them for getting off the normal shit manager conveyor belt.

Don't agree with the first but cab understand the second. 

But how many times have we seen this happen? Lambert being a example? He did back to back promotions came.to us and flopped.

Like I said managing Luton to stoke is a completwly different animal. It's a tough job that one as their fans are expectant like ours.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't agree with the first but cab understand the second. 

But how many times have we seen this happen? Lambert being a example? He did back to back promotions came.to us and flopped.

Like I said managing Luton to stoke is a completwly different animal. It's a tough job that one as their fans are expectant like ours.

Plenty, then there have been occasions like when everyone laughed at Southampton when they appointed Pochettino. Its a gamble sure but its brave and could go either way but that has to be better than going for the same old shite past it managers who will be sacked in 12 months.

Sure its a big step up but that Luton job was a hell of a tough one.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I went to watch Luton play Walsall in October and they played Walsall off the pitch (at the time Walsall were actually above them in the league). He's left them in 2nd (they haven't lost a game in 3 months) and playing their best football in decades.

Can't blame him for taking this job though. Not sure about this season but a few tweaks to the Stoke squad and they should be in top 6 next season. It's a club that's just spent a decade in the premier league so very big opportunity for him if he can get his approach right.

Â