villarule123

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Love this one

"What is his style of play actually?. We neither pass it or lump it, we just seem to do nothing?"

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/279183/chris-kamara-laughed-city-less#ixzz5EdtFVU2O

They figured him out quickly. 

I'm a little confused - why are they officially relegated? They're on 30pts, Swansea in 17th on 33pts according to BBC table. Yes, loads of results and goal swings need to go their way but why are they officially relegated today? Is it due to teams above them playing each other or something?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm a little confused - why are they officially relegated? They're on 30pts, Swansea in 17th on 33pts according to BBC table. Yes, loads of results and goal swings need to go their way but why are they officially relegated today? Is it due to teams above them playing each other or something?

Yes, there's a game involving two of the teams above them.

Edited by coda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gee what a suprise lamberts ruined another club

We warned you stoke we did. Take this as a second chance warning, you stick with him next season you won't be coming back up.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They were tonked regularly under Mark Hughes, had the worst defence in the league when Lambert turned up. He has shored them up but at expense of any creativity.

So they were . . . somehow completely missed that they lost a combined 9-0 to Chelsea and 7-2 to Man City in one match. Shows I haven't been paying much attention to the PL this season. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kevin WImmer, Imblua and Berahino cost them nearly 60m.

That's certainly horrific. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

3 wins in his last 35 premier league games. How on earth did he get another premier league job?

About half a dozen other managers rejected them first. 

• Like 1

Problem also with Lambert is he is arrogant and hasn't got a clue when coming to buy players!! He moaned about Mendes bringing in quality european players last season that have potential be world class  and wanted sign likes of Ben Marshall  (which he did even though wasn;t in Wolves criteria at time because of Mendes) and other average crap like that!! He hasn't a clue!! Benteke was a Paddy Riley suggestion for us years ago!!

I emailed Paul at Villa a few years back raving on about Hakim Ziyech for Heerenveen at time after 8 or so games, i had watched him closely and we could have had him for £2.5mil!! I was nice in email and said this lad would be a good pickup!! Paul ended up blocking me after! ::D Ziyech is worth millions now!!

The guy was a good footballer, rubbish manager and hasn't got a clue in coaching, tactics or spotting talent!! 

Edited by Villan4Life

Did even worse then Hughes. 

Probably only Pardew's spell at the boggies is worse this season

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Did even worse then Hughes. 

Probably only Pardew's spell at the boggies is worse this season

Just a bit!

They suffered some poor results under Hughes, but they had managed 5 wins in 22 games by the time he was sacked. Not great admittedly, but substantially better than the 1 win in 14 that Lambert has achieved.

• Like 1

Whilst Lambert is crap, and has been crap at Stoke, I think the damage was done far before he arrived (not saying they couldn't be saved by a better manager by the way)

Their transfer policy is shocking. Wasted an obscene amount of money on nothing players. The kind of players that are thinly veiled as "showing ambition" or "coups" but are actually uninterested gobshites and end up being dreadful.

• Like 1

Â