villarule123

A player who thinks he is doing his side a favour to grace them with his presence, a player who has flopped at big clubs, has nowhere to go and nothing to push him. A player who turns it once every 2 months or when they are on TV. Had enough of those down the years. Avoid.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, andym said:

Must win game and theyve spent most of the 2nd half sitting back trying to protect a 1-0 lead, and predictably they have paid the price.

We did that for 30 months and majority of times we held a first half lead we conceded it.

Weird season . . . I can't remember them being tonked at any point, and they were rarely *dreadful* when I watched them, just very very workmanlike and without any 'piano players' bar Shaqiri, who's a disgrace anyway. 

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£100s of millions possibly in TV money on the line and you hire Paul Lambert, Alan Pardew and Mark Hughes. Can I be a £2m+ a year chief exec please..

These Chief exec's get too much and actually know very little about football!! as well as likes of Lambert!! Scouts like myself in football don't get paid anything for 3/4 years voluntary at lot of clubs and sometimes don't even get travel expenses! and find some gems.. Shocking isn't it!! there is some brilliant manager's in Europe, Lower Leagues and one or two like Jack Ross (St Mirren who is being likened to next Fergie by Sir Alex himself) and they go for shithouses like Lambert, Pardew,, Hughes, McClaren etc :)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Thrilled Paul Lambert will have this relegation on his CV. 

Continued failure since leaving Norwich, surely no decent team will be foolish enough to give him another go. 

Stoke want to keep him on which is mental.

No wins since mid January.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Weird season . . . I can't remember them being tonked at any point, and they were rarely *dreadful* when I watched them, just very very workmanlike and without any 'piano players' bar Shaqiri, who's a disgrace anyway. 

They were tonked regularly under Mark Hughes, had the worst defence in the league when Lambert turned up. He has shored them up but at expense of any creativity.

Like us they've lost their way with transfers in last two years and that usualy relegates you from the premier league. Kevin WImmer, Imblua and Berahino cost them nearly 60m.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sne said:

This quote from their forum sums him up pretty much

"What is his style of play actually?. We neither pass it or lump it, we just seem to do nothing?"

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/279183/chris-kamara-laughed-city-less

Ah, that one.  His build the team around Ashley Westwood/CDM/Pirlo/Carrick style of play. That was my favourite. I would sit there after about 75 minutes and realise we have done nothing in the game but have about 6000 passes in our own half. Those were gooooooooood times.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

13 without a win. He's really turned them around. 

3 wins in his last 35 premier league games. How on earth did he get another premier league job?

Â