villarule123

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Don't agree with the first but cab understand the second. 

But how many times have we seen this happen? Lambert being a example? He did back to back promotions came.to us and flopped.

Like I said managing Luton to stoke is a completwly different animal. It's a tough job that one as their fans are expectant like ours.

He has the same span as most of us have given Smith (and SB before him).

Use this half season to shape the squad and see who responds to his method. Free hit on top 6. Stoke could still gatecrash it but they are below us in the league and plenty on here and elsewhere don't think we're good enough to make top 6 now.

Next season they need to be up there obviously and he'll come under pressure if they aren't. Again same for DS.

After Rowett Stoke fans just want to see their team play on the front foot. Criminal how few goals they've scored when you look  at their options in the final third. Last few months Bojan hasn't even been making their squad! He's someone I can see doing well if he still wants to play for them.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Plenty, then there have been occasions like when everyone laughed at Southampton when they appointed Pochettino. Its a gamble sure but its brave and could go either way but that has to be better than going for the same old shite past it managers who will be sacked in 12 months.

Sure its a big step up but that Luton job was a hell of a tough one.

Pochs a one off example. Look at Southampton they appointed pellegreino and he flopped massively. For every success there are failures like him. We gambled on how many garde, Sherwood, Lambert and all flopped. 

I agree about not going for the usual suspects but I think they would have been better giving it someone a big more experienced like monk or cook of Wigan. The Shrewsbury manager took the step up and flopped. Sacked wasnt he?

If it wasn't for them being stoke I would wish him well as I can't stand that club.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He has the same span as most of us have given Smith (and SB before him).

Use this half season to shape the squad and see who responds to his method. Free hit on top 6. Stoke could still gatecrash it but they are below us in the league and plenty on here and elsewhere don't think we're good enough to make top 6 now.

Next season they need to be up there obviously and he'll come under pressure if they aren't. Again same for DS.

After Rowett Stoke fans just want to see their team play on the front foot. Criminal how few goals they've scored when you look  at their options in the final third. Last few months Bojan hasn't even been making their squad! He's someone I can see doing well if he still wants to play for them.

Stoke have a lot of big charchters and big egos. That's also another thing that makes it difficult for him. You have to get the respect of the players early for a club like stoke.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The new us then, new manager getting demolished by Brentford (who haven't even been in good form recently).

Hugely exciting for them!

I don't think they can be 'the new us', until getting embarrassed by minnows is 'the old us'. 

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The new us then, new manager getting demolished by Brentford (who haven't even been in good form recently).

Hugely exciting for them!

Well I'm not suprised at all.

He might be good long term but j think he will struggle.

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think they can be 'the new us', until getting embarrassed by minnows is 'the old us'. 

Having pretty similar season to what we had in 16/17 when you look at the overall picture.

They should be much stronger next year like we were.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

*Cough* *cough* 

One game and all but still.... not bad

*cough cough* 

Didn't he lose his first Two?

Smith won his first game and look at him now cangbwin a game to save his life.

Let's judge after more than one game shall we  😃

Edited by Demitri_C

On 19/01/2019 at 18:46, TrentVilla said:

*Cough* *cough* 

One game and all but still.... not bad

*cough* *cough*

beaten by a poor Preston team at home. ( sorry I couldn’t resist) watch them go and win 4-0 next week :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

*cough* *cough*

beaten by a poor Preston team at home. ( sorry I couldn’t resist) watch them go and win 4-0 next week :mrgreen:

Been waiting for this... knew it was coming.:

Still think it’s a better appointment than the usual failed suspects.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Been waiting for this... knew it was coming.:

Still think it’s a better appointment than the usual failed suspects.

You won’t hear me arguing , id rather have a punt on him than Hughes or Pardew. But still I don’t think this one workout for him. It’s too big a job. They remind me of us first season in championship

Â