VillaGoMarching

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Not an expert on these things but is it because Tottenham are a Jewish club and America is very Jew friendly, Might be  miles off the mark i’m happy to be put right but could explain it?

I didn’t know that. I’ve always thought it was because around the time the Prem started gaining traction in America, Spurs were a quality side to support who were challenging for Champions League spot, yet it wasn’t like jumping on a Man U or Liverpool bandwagon. Also helps they just built a new stadium to host NFL games, gives them exposure to American sports fans who would otherwise know nothing about English football clubs

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Spurs are a mid table side that currently are propped up by Harry Kane and a shiny stadium. For some reason they are popular in the US, which I will never understand.

They had Dempsey, Kasey Keller and Friedel playing for them plus Klinsmann is a huge Spurs hero

plus Ted Lasso used to manage them ;)

Lasso Come Home: The Greatest Spurs Coach That Never Was, Is Back [inc.  video] - Harry Hotspur

• Haha 1

They're in a few bad years me thinks, unrealistic expectations, a manager merry go round, best player wants out and they already need improving in several positions 

At least those beers cups fill like magic though eh?! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We could easily finish above them next year. With Kane wanting out, and the stadium still being financed who would want that job? 

If we keep Jack, we should absolutely finish above them. Two clubs on opposite trajectories

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Booing your team off your first game back at the stadium. Pathetic 

I disagree.

Issues with Spurs run much deeper than tonights performance and the boos were for more than that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're in a few bad years me thinks, unrealistic expectations, a manager merry go round, best player wants out and they already need improving in several positions 

At least those beers cups fill like magic though eh?! 

2019 was the last big moment, they needed to rebuild. They lost Eriksen, Dembele, Trippier and were never really replaced. Actually the transfer policy has been rotten for a long time. They will turn out like AC Milan without the history

Levy is still a genius they say

• Like 1

Could hear one anti Levy chant when they were 1-2 down but it was mostly shouting when they were taking ages to get the ball forward so they were certainly calling out some of their players for lack of urgency and general quality.

Is it fair to say that Spurs from around 2010 to last year, are the best team not win anything? As in they’ve had a consistently strong team, always been in the running for trophies but never managed it.

Newcastle were very good for 5 or so years in the mid 90’s, didn’t win anything. But I think the longevity of Spurs being good and still not winning anything surpasses those years for the Geordies.

Are there others that might rival this decade of Spurs most non triumphant success?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is it fair to say that Spurs from around 2010 to last year, are the best team not win anything? As in they’ve had a consistently strong team, always been in the running for trophies but never managed it.

Newcastle were very good for 5 or so years in the mid 90’s, didn’t win anything. But I think the longevity of Spurs being good and still not winning anything surpasses those years for the Geordies.

Are there others that might rival this decade of Spurs most non triumphant success?

They have actually only been in 3 finals since 2008, we have been largely shit and we have been to 3 finals in that time

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They have actually only been in 3 finals since 2008, we have been largely shit and we have been to 3 finals in that time

So what your saying is that in the last 12 years, Spurs and Villa have achieved the same 😬😀

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Spurs will be fine IMHO - £120 mill for Kane, there will be a good manager out there who will welcome a healthy budget. That said, if they don't reinvest they could be stuffed. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Yeah they haven’t been to many. I suppose I mean it in a more intangible way. They’ve broadly speaking been considered “a force” since Bale really came through.

Basically has any club on the whole been “very good” or a contender for ten years and no trophies to show for it? 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

yep the only one that was decent out of the back 4 was Tanganga and he came up against Jack

Oh, I don’t know, their left back did alright I thought. 

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah they haven’t been to many. I suppose I mean it in a more intangible way. They’ve broadly speaking been considered “a force” since Bale really came through.

Basically has any club on the whole been “very good” or a contender for ten years and no trophies to show for it? 

Newcastle in the Keegan to Robson era? Came 2nd twice in the league, and got to 2 FA Cup finals and won sweet FA.

Â