VillaGoMarching

10 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I watched ‘The Overlap’ interview with Gary Neville and Harry Kane last night on YouTube. 

Really enjoyed it to be fair. It’s the most airtime I’ve ever seen Kane have, and he this was the interview where he said he wants a conversation with Levy. 

He seems ridiculously motivated and backs himself to beat Shearer’s Prem record and Rooney’s England record. If he stays fit for the next 4 or 5 seasons then I think he will do both. He’s the type of player who could still play top level at 35 due to his football intelligence. 

Really good camera work from Gareth Bale there , bet he was itching to get his clubs out and take a few shots

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

That £175m loan they need to pay back could really cripple them. Worst case scenario they sell Kane and still don't have enough to pay it off. They will not be competing for some time. Just shows the desperation that was driving the Super League plan. 

Their finances are up there with the worst. I genuinely don’t know how they expect to compete for anything given the amount of debt they’re in. 

• Like 1

Must be early favourites to win it if they play the right team, good chance to blood youngsters too, Skipp to start every game etc 

People will wrongly laugh at the tournament but if we can get it next year and then use it as a vehicle to start 4 or 5 of these youngsters we have it would be absolutely huge 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Must be early favourites to win it if they play the right team, good chance to blood youngsters too, Skipp to start every game etc 

People will wrongly laugh at the tournament but if we can get it next year and then use it as a vehicle to start 4 or 5 of these youngsters we have it would be absolutely huge 

Villarreal, Roma are in already though Villarreal can still gets Champions League

• Like 1

On 22/05/2021 at 15:05, Jareth said:

That £175m loan they need to pay back could really cripple them. Worst case scenario they sell Kane and still don't have enough to pay it off. They will not be competing for some time. Just shows the desperation that was driving the Super League plan. 

Won’t that £175m loan be spread over many years? 
Like £20m a year. So peanuts to them really.

Edited by ender4

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rumours are poch is going back

I hope not as i think that will make spurs good again.

He just finished 2nd in a one team league 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He just finished 2nd in a one team league 

Exactly! 
It’s funny how some coaches get this reputation as being top drawer with little to support it.

Despite having a pair of attackers that cost £400m, one of those probably the best player on the planet right now, they only scored 5 more goals than Lyon who finished 4th.

Edited by Genie

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exactly! 
It’s funny how some coaches get this reputation as being top drawer with little to support it.

Despite having a pair of attackers that cost £400m, one of those probably the best player on the planet right now, they only scored 5 more goals than Lyon who finished 4th.

I like Pochettino probably would take him at Villa in our current position but he doesn't win the big trophies. He got Spurs to 2 finals i think, ok he won a few French trophies this season but this was expected

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I like Pochettino probably would take him at Villa in our current position but he doesn't win the big trophies. He got Spurs to 2 finals i think, ok he won a few French trophies this season but this was expected

I think he’s a decent manager and would do alright at a side like Villa, Everton, West Ham etc. 
The links to Real Madrid, Man United etc are just bonkers. He needs to prove himself a lot more for me to be considered for those type of jobs.

Finishing second over a season in France with PSG’s resources is an embarrassment. They should have romped the league by 10-15 points.

52 minutes ago, useless said:

In talks with Roberto Martinez according to Sky.

Please please please happen. Losing Kane and hiring Roberto Martinez. What odds on relegation?

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dave Whelan will be on Sky again telling everybody about his broken leg

I thought they'd have to dig him up, but no. 

Â