VillaGoMarching

44 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Or, dare I say it, that Dean Smith bloke at Aston Villa, what he has achieved in 2 seasons is quite remarkable 

Promotion + survival + mid-table safety in consecutive seasons is remarkable for sure.

Taking a team averaging a league position of 4.8 to 3.4 over 5 years is pretty good, not remarkable though for me.

Then losing a 1 horse race in France is quite a concern. PSG should be wrapping that title up in about February.

Lille manager Christophe Galtier just resigned. 

Just won the league against PSG as well. Probably a good shout for Spurs. 

Edited by pas5898

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

You’d assume he must have a new job lined up

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

He is joining Nice

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is joining Nice

Why is he leaving the champions for a mid table team? 

Surely Spurs could quite comfortably persuade him otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Why is he leaving the champions for a mid table team? 

Surely Spurs could quite comfortably persuade him otherwise. 

Nice have one of the richest owners in the French league, I believe he is Britains richest person or close to it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Promotion + survival + mid-table safety in consecutive seasons is remarkable for sure.

Taking a team averaging a league position of 4.8 to 3.4 over 5 years is pretty good, not remarkable though for me.

Then losing a 1 horse race in France is quite a concern. PSG should be wrapping that title up in about February.

If you ignore all of the context, sure. What you're doing is essentially the equivalent of when other teams' fans simply look at us spending 250m in the last 2 seasons and thinking survival + midtable safety actually isn't very remarkable.

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nice have one of the richest owners in the French league, I believe he is Britains richest person or close to it

Yeah its Ratcliffe the ineos guy who owns them 

Shame as I wouldn't mind us going in for gouiri

• Thanks 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

They’re going to fluke a get out of jail free card and attract Conte aren’t they 

Conte will need a lot of money, has fallen out with 3 boards in a row and wont put up with Levy shit

10 hours ago, Genie said:

The difference between 4.8 and 3.4 is Champions League football tho.

So there's a mutual flashing of knickers at Pochettino now. Club who are happy to win the net spend Premier League with the illusion of competing and serial runner-up manager - in marriage made in heaven shocker.

Maybe Poch was told he was facing the sack if didnt win Champions League next season and decides to run back to pressure free Spurs. 

Dont think its enough to keep Kane at the club, Poch style wears out after a while and players get tired of it

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 21:47, Keyblade said:

Semantics.

Going from an ageing top 5/6 club to title contenders while lowering the average age of the squad to the lowest in the league on a relatively low budget is impressive regardless of what word you would use to call the jump. 

I think all the key players were there when he signed.

Which includes:

Lloris

Rose

Walker

Vertonghen

Alderweireld 

Dembele 

Eriksen 

Kane

Dier

Lamela

He did a great job and they were genuinely good to watch.

I have this conversation with a spurs mate all the time, he blames levy but won’t acknowledge him In building the team Poch had.

They had their chance they didn’t quite make it, it happens. Teams shine bright when everything clicks. It’s why sustained success in the league even for United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool in the last 20 years seems to be 3 year cycles for teams. Then you rebuild, Spurs didn’t and now they are where they are. Could Poch have kept it up who knows.

• Like 2

Â