VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Don’t know if they would even be interested but I see him as a good fit for Bayer Munich.

Levandoski won’t be around for ever

They are planning to sign Haaland next summer when his release clause lowers

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Levy’s options are keep an unhappy player who’s value is going down and down, to nothing, or sell for top dollar.

18 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He kept Erkisen and lost him eventually for £16m , few years earlier Real where offering £80m but for some reason I don’t think he’s learned his lesson, I think Kane will be stuck at spurs that is if eh really wants to move

Eriksen is not much of a model for Kane though is he. I mean he got his move in the end, but

a] it was at least six months, probably more, after he wanted to leave;

b] it wasn't to the club he really wanted to join, and;

c] after being as shit as he could get away with during that season, he joined Inter hugely out of form and was then a flop.

Kane has three problems. The first is that he has three years on his contract (silly boy). This means that Levy could do absolutely nothing for a year, and sell him for just as much next summer. The second problem is that Kane is really good - genuinely world class, and the most reliable player in the league - so he's almost literally priceless. There's no value to Spurs in selling for £150m if they would have to sign 3 £50m players just to match his goal contributions. The third problem is that however good he is, as Eriksen demonstrates the risk is that if he throws a paddy for twelve months, he might either be unable to regain his current level or another Haaland type might come along, who might be cheaper and/or more gettable for the handful of teams he'd be interested in moving to.

My guess is he won't leave.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Me too, I reckon Spurs will do the numbers and offer him an improved deal. 

Yeah, I think that's right, though he'd be essentially commiting the rest of his career to the club if he signed such a deal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Eriksen is not much of a model for Kane though is he. I mean he got his move in the end, but

a] it was at least six months, probably more, after he wanted to leave;

b] it wasn't to the club he really wanted to join, and;

c] after being as shit as he could get away with during that season, he joined Inter hugely out of form and was then a flop.

Kane has three problems. The first is that he has three years on his contract (silly boy). This means that Levy could do absolutely nothing for a year, and sell him for just as much next summer. The second problem is that Kane is really good - genuinely world class, and the most reliable player in the league - so he's almost literally priceless. There's no value to Spurs in selling for £150m if they would have to sign 3 £50m players just to match his goal contributions. The third problem is that however good he is, as Eriksen demonstrates the risk is that if he throws a paddy for twelve months, he might either be unable to regain his current level or another Haaland type might come along, who might be cheaper and/or more gettable for the handful of teams he'd be interested in moving to.

My guess is he won't leave.

He started off poorly as Conte doesnt play a No.10 and needs workhorses but in recent months he has adapted and began starting more but playing deeper and has been a strong player for Inter in recent months. He even scored the goal that won them the title

Funnily enough some people in the transfer thread said he wasnt good enough when he was suggested as a potential transfer :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He started off poorly as Conte doesnt play a No.10 and needs workhorses but in recent months he has adapted and began starting more but playing deeper and has been a strong player for Inter in recent months. He even scored the goal that won them the title

Funnily enough some people in the transfer thread said he wasnt good enough when he was suggested as a potential transfer :D 

Yeah, after writing that I checked his stats and he's had a better season this season. But I think it's still a huge risk for Kane going on a work-to-rule that you eventually get a move but you've lost your top form.

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Spurs get £100m+ I think they will sell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if United offer Martial and Van de Beek as part of a deal. Unlikely Spurs will accept but still wouldn’t be a shock.

Why *would* Spurs voluntarily take United's garbage off their hands?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Spurs get £100m+ I think they will sell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if United offer Martial and Van de Beek as part of a deal. Unlikely Spurs will accept but still wouldn’t be a shock.

People don’t do swap deals anymore. It’s because the players involved are entitled to percentages of transfer fees. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

People don’t do swap deals anymore. It’s because the players involved are entitled to percentages of transfer fees. 

Is FFP reasons as well, Barcelona pretty much swapped Pjanic for Arthur but both went for a transfer fee to get around it 

This might be the kick up the backside Levy needed to properly invest in the squad. If Kane leaves it's all over for them. They're not recovering. They managed to pull a miracle out of the bag when Bale left and they replaced him with a handful of dross and Poch rebuilt them on a comparable shoestring budget to higher heights than they've ever seen, but lightning doesn't strike twice. It's either get Spurs challenging with Kane or slide down the table for the next decade or so. 

• Like 1

Son contracted until 2023 aswell so Spurs need to make decision on him soon. Could easily be like us when Milner left and Ashley Young instantly held off contract talks with us.

Perhaps they'll just play him as CF and sign better wide players as he's filled in well for Kane before.

They want to get Bale back on loan next season don't they? He's at least shown in last few months he's still decent against bottom half teams although next to no impact in the games v likes of Arsenal and Leeds when he started so shows his general level now.

Edited by VillaChris

Kane's 28 in the summer so this will be his big window, another season or so and he'll struggle to find a club willing to give him what he wants.

I don't think it'll be easy for him to find the move he wants - a big fee, a big salary, no resale value, and increasingly suspect ankles will all count against him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since going to United, Martial has scored 78 goals. In the same time span, Kane has scored 184 goals for Spurs, way more than twice as many, and I bet he's got more assists as well.

I wouldnt compare them myself but in fairness to Martial, he signed for United at 19 mainly was played out wide and I think Spurs probably were a better team than United over that period

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

They are planning to sign Haaland next summer when his release clause lowers

You mean to say bayern Munich, the great club of germany, are planning to buy an opposition team's best player to both strengthen themselves but also inflict a huge weakening blow to any club that may challenge their monopoly. I find that hard to believe. Next you'll be telling me they plan to sign the manager and best defender from their closest rival in the league this season. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This might be the kick up the backside Levy needed to properly invest in the squad. 

With what money? Their stadium cost a billion quid and they have no champions league revenue next season. That will be kane's problem, levy will want 100+m for him and I don't think anyone will pay that. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

You mean to say bayern Munich, the great club of germany, are planning to buy an opposition team's best player to both strengthen themselves but also inflict a huge weakening blow to any club that may challenge their monopoly. I find that hard to believe. Next you'll be telling me they plan to sign the manager and best defender from their closest rival in the league this season. 

in fairness Dortmund do similar but get away with it as hispter club. They ruined Monchengladbach season by announcing in mid-season there manager would join them next season, they were challenging top 4 at the time

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

With what money? Their stadium cost a billion quid and they have no champions league revenue next season. That will be kane's problem, levy will want 100+m for him and I don't think anyone will pay that. 

They had a revenue of £404 million in the last financial year, and that was down due to Covid.  
Even if they lose another £100 million from their revenue, they would still be getting £300 million every year.  

Compare that to Villa receiving £130 million or Leicester receiving £150 million last year.

Spurs will be fine to spend money.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They had a revenue of £404 million in the last financial year, and that was down due to Covid.  
Even if they lose another £100 million from their revenue, they would still be getting £300 million every year.  

Compare that to Villa receiving £130 million or Leicester receiving £150 million last year.

Spurs will be fine to spend money.

will they? It took Arsenal about 6 years to spend money after moving stadium and Arsenal were a lot more successful team

• Like 1

Â