Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Might have said this before - people who "need" you to do something, i.e. "I need you to provide me with the figures".

Whatever happened to "Please could you provide me with the figures".

"Need" = A Demand. Don't demand things from me, ASK me. And ask me politely.

A small gripe but annoying nonetheless, when people stick all their dirty plates, pans and cutlery straight into the sink of lukewarm water without rinsing them off, then ask you to wash up and you have to get everything out of a slimy, dirty, food filled sink. rocket polishers.

My Erdington Gp's appontment system! :evil:

The system does not favour the working man! Again I have just phoned to get an appointment and failed.

Only one night a week do they have a late night appointment session and even then the latest is 18:30, when I ring up to get that one its always gone even if I ring as it opens. I explain that I dont finish work until half 5 and have to get there still.

They told me that they do Saturday mornings and after an hour waiting in the cold I find there are only 2 appointments alloted for this and even if I managed to get the 2nd of those I have to wait an hour. Its hit and miss if you get one of those.

I pay full national insurance and for my presecriptions yet the appointment system favours those unfortunate (or in this case fortunate) enough not to work! :evil:

My GP annoys me. Why can you only book up to 48 hours in advance??? Then when you do ring up you get told there are no appointments in that time frame.

I do not have a cold, the ailment will not disappear in 48 hours so make me an effing appointment!!!!

isnt it something the last government brought in to do with waiting times. I think TB was questioned about it on BBC news. Apparantly the GP's get penalities if there are too many people waiting over 48 hrs. So they took the decision that they have enough long term patients who need repeat appointments, it is too much of a risk to book people in over 48 hrs. Its cheaper to get them to get them to keep phoning up to get an available appointment within that time. No penalties then

People's stupidity. Sometimes funny, sometimes just annoying.

A girl at work was just talking to me about some show, 'Beauty and the Geek'? Never heard of it. Anyway, she was saying how in it, the girls had to name countries beginning with every letter of the alphabet.

"They were all thick Americans, naming States instead of Countries. They were saying Alabama, Boston, Canada... Mind you I couldn't name a country beginning with 'A' for ages, but then I got Asia."

A small gripe but annoying nonetheless, when people stick all their dirty plates, pans and cutlery straight into the sink of lukewarm water without rinsing them off, then ask you to wash up and you have to get everything out of a slimy, dirty, food filled sink. rocket polishers.

Really pisses me off to as point that when I moved in with my GF recently I made this clear early on, I love my cooking and try and clean as I go along but when others cook they just throw it all in the sink!

Might have said this before - people who "need" you to do something, i.e. "I need you to provide me with the figures".

Whatever happened to "Please could you provide me with the figures".

"Need" = A Demand. Don't demand things from me, ASK me. And ask me politely.

Another pet hate! Yes we know we have to do it as its our job, we are not going to say no but still ask!

I have a supervisor here who comes into my office in and loudly in front of people telling me I "should" be doing this or "should" that. I politly rip take him down a peg by asking him what his qualifications are and to show me the said regulations. :twisted:

Â