Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Or Aaron as "airrrrun"
That IS how you pronounce Aaron! At least it was When I Wor A Lad - nothing to do with American pronunciation at all.

Hence the old (politically incorrect) rhyme:

"And God spake unto Moses: 'All Jews shall have big noses,'

"'All except for Aaron - and he shall have a square 'un'"

When did this "Arran" nonsense start creeping in?

When people only put enough water in a kettle to make 1 cup of coffee...fill the **** thing up!!!

Costs a lot of money though to heat stuff up, the electric thing spins like a loon.

+ takes ages to boil.

People who fill the kettle right up when all they want is a mug full of hot water, so so stupid for the above stated reasons. :)

When people only put enough water in a kettle to make 1 cup of coffee...fill the **** thing up!!!

Costs a lot of money though to heat stuff up, the electric thing spins like a loon.

+ takes ages to boil.

People who fill the kettle right up when all they want is a mug full of hot water, so so stupid for the above stated reasons. :)

But when you have 8 people in the office, surely it makes sense to boil a full kettle?

We have this debate in work.

I am in the small amount of water camp, but only for the reason of annoying the person who insists upon filling it up each time. I cite the energy reason as my excuse though.

Santander, was Bradford and Bingley.

We've had our mortgage with them since 1997, due to be paid off in two years' time. On a direct debit, never any problems with paying it.

Towards the end of last year we got a very stroppy letter from "Mortgage Express" (a subunit of B&B) claiming we were in arrears to the tune of £200 or so, and that if we didn't pay up immediately they would instigate legal action. WTF?

I phoned (and wrote) asking where they got this idea from, and nobody seemed to know. So I told them that unless they had some proof I wasn't interested. After weeks of to-ing and fro-ing somebody found a bit of paper that seemed to indicate that it was their cock-up. Right at the beginning of the direct debit, they didn't take the first month's payment, but started with what should have been the second. So in effect we've been paying a month in arrears. If they'd just pointed it out at the time it happened and taken a double payment I'd have been OK with it. Or just take an extra one at the end of the schedule. But no, in with the hobnail boots. And we've been getting endless phone calls (at all hours) from their call centre operatives about it, none of whom understand what's going on, or with any authority to sort it out.

We've written to them and to the Financial Ombudsman, complaining about their whole approach - because I'm not even sure they have the legal right to demand this after such a long time. It would probably have been cheaper to write it off than to keep phoning us!

Anyway, I finally got a sensible person from the call centre who acknowledged that it had been taken to a written correspondence and she seems to have taken us off the call list. I continue to play hardball.

Dontcha just love bureaucrats and money shufflers.

UPDATE: Nothing to update. They are still phoning us up, pretty much daily, we are still telling them to go **** themselves.

words removed.

Try writing to one of the (Saturday) proper papers' money section (telegraph, Grauniad, Indie etc) - and copy the Bank's big cheese. It's the sort of thing where bad publicity over 200 quid and their own error might just put an end to it, Mike

Try writing to one of the (Saturday) proper papers' money section (telegraph, Grauniad, Indie etc) - and copy the Bank's big cheese. It's the sort of thing where bad publicity over 200 quid and their own error might just put an end to it, Mike
Actually, it's not even £200, it's £102. Utter fuckwits. They've wasted that in hassling us already.

Actually, it's not even £200, it's £102. Utter fuckwits. They've wasted that in hassling us already.

Mike, have a read through this and see if anything applies to your case:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT664Rev.pdf

There's strict guidelines on fair debt collection including rules on harrasment etc. I'm currently going through something similar - one of the banks has decided I owe them money after over a decade!

Mike, have a read through this and see if anything applies to your case:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT664Rev.pdf

There's strict guidelines on fair debt collection including rules on harrasment etc. I'm currently going through something similar - one of the banks has decided I owe them money after over a decade!

Thanks, that looks quite relevant. I understand that normally you can't be pursued for debts over a certain time period (5 years? Can't remember) - unfortunately, mortgage debts are apparently exempt from this rule.

I'm still not convinced we owe them anything, though.

That ive only just found out you can toast Birdseye Potato Waffles!!!

No **** way!

How many hours of my life have I wasted on the grill that I will never get back?

To be fair they do say "versatile".

There's a lot you can do with them that is currently unknown to you.

No **** way!

How many hours of my life have I wasted on the grill that I will never get back?

Cut to shape, they make serviceable insoles.

Nail to your walls for cheap soundproofing.

Use as paint trays when doing an oil painting.

A handy portable cushion at the football match.

No **** way!

Im listening....

Â