Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have "Nanny" 2x "Granddad" and 1x "Grandma".

With regard to the tent thing, if its dark and unfamiliar then maybe. But bright, previous experience in erecting said tents, etc?!

As for sleeping in a hotel.... Well, really there are few better things than camping for me. I camped last weekend, beautiful weather for a January. Oh and its character building.

I have "Nanny" 2x "Granddad" and 1x "Grandma".

With regard to the tent thing, if its dark and unfamiliar then maybe. But bright, previous experience in erecting said tents, etc?!

As for sleeping in a hotel.... Well, really there are few better things than camping for me. I camped last weekend, beautiful weather for a January. Oh and its character building.

Camping is intense.

Your mobile phone ringing when you're stocking the pond. It shouldn't annoy me because I know they're not doing it on purpose, but I still find myself getting annoyed and thinking "Jeez, can you not give me a minute here?".

Your mobile phone ringing when you're stocking the pond. It shouldn't annoy me because I know they're not doing it on purpose, but I still find myself getting annoyed and thinking "Jeez, can you not give me a minute here?".

"stocking the pond"

Having a poo?

yet another salesman calling me "Tone" just cause we spoke for 30 seconds

I don't mind being called by that name loads of people do (and one who calls me Tone Loc :-) ) but 30 secs earlier he had started the call with "Mr " and it sort of gives the perception he now knows me intimately

yet another salesman calling me "Tone" just cause we spoke for 30 seconds

I don't mind being called by that name loads of people do (and one who calls me Tone Loc :-) ) but 30 secs earlier he had started the call with "Mr " and it sort of gives the perception he now knows me intimately

I understand your frustration Mr Loc. :mrgreen:

I do it too often, the whole informal name thing. I called the estate agent 'Stew' the other day, and he always refers to himself as Stuart. Same with the head of our Manchester Office. He is always Nigel, but for some reason too often I end up slipping into 'Nige' mode, without even thinking.

I think it's because I always use my shortened name, and maybe just assume others do that do when they don't.

Yours, Jonathan.

"stocking the pond"

Having a poo?

Having a wank?

How long it takes for companies to respond to job applications. I understand there's a closing date etc but surely get the shortlisting panel together the day after and just go through all the applications so that people get a quick answer and can refocus on something else, almost seems sometimes that people advertise jobs just to trick idiots like me into applying for them.

And how long does it take to send an email saying "Sorry you haven't been successful." The "28 days" rule as I've taken to calling it annoys me no end. :rant:

I do understand that there's a lot of candidates for any given job but surely it shouldn't take so long.

"stocking the pond"

Having a poo?

Yup :)

I think its quite common for companies to advertise jobs that don't exist from time to time to get an idea of what standard or people are on the job market.

Have you heard from that interview the other day mate? Any good?

No news yet mate. At the end of the interview I asked when I could expect some feedback, they said they'd be making their decision that (last) week. I'm thinking they've offered it someone else and are waiting to see if they accept before they tell me I haven't got it :D

"stocking the pond"

Having a poo?

Yup :)

I know exactly what your on about Bri.

Just the other day, think it was Sunday. Ive sat down to give my current book (SEAL Team 6) a good half an hour read, only for the missus to keep coming to the door asking me what i think we should put on the shopping list.

For Christ's sake woman...i dont really care because the shopping list goes out the window the second we step into ASDA anyway...just leave me in peace!

‘sent from my blackberry/iphone’

Its time someone was shot for that ‘I have better technology than you’ statement bobbed on the bottom of so many emails and posts. Which misses the point that most people choose their own favourite technology and actually think you’re a w*nk*r for using whatever you chose

Sent from my sinclair zx81

Its time someone was shot for that ‘I have better technology than you’ statement bobbed on the bottom of so many emails and posts. Which misses the point that most people choose their own favourite technology and actually think you’re a w*nk*r for using whatever you chose

In fairness, it's set by default on almost all smartphones now, the cheeky clearings in the woods. I had "Sent from my Android" as an email signature for about 2 months until I emailed myself a document and saw it.

It should piss you off, but it's the manufacturers, not the individuals who own them (sometimes).

It's actually quite useful. When I'm e-mailing a client on the run I want them to know I'm doing it on the run, that way I get to be as short and sweet (read "abrupt") as I like while maintaining the image that their bullshit is important to me.

Â