Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

‘sent from my blackberry/iphone’

Its time someone was shot for that ‘I have better technology than you’ statement bobbed on the bottom of so many emails and posts. Which misses the point that most people choose their own favourite technology and actually think you’re a w*nk*r for using whatever you chose

Sent from my sinclair zx81

It's actually quite useful. When I'm e-mailing a client on the run I want them to know I'm doing it on the run, that way I get to be as short and sweet (read "abrupt") as I like while maintaining the image that their bullshit is important to me.

This

And you can blame typos on predective text wjen you are half cut at 1pm on a Tuesday down your local

People who attach their sat navs slap bang in the centre of their windscreen just under the mirror. How on earth have you a clear view of the road.

See them every morning on the M42, morons.

I've posted exactly the same thing in here before.

Sometimes they're eevn closer to the driver's line of vision, like right in front of their face.

I'm tempted to crash into someone like that and then blame it on their sat nav

On the whole I have no issues with American English vs. British English (spelling or pronunciation) - US English is a perfectly acceptable local variant. Except for a couple of blind spots - one of which is the way they turn "mirror" and "squirrel" into one-syllable words.

On the whole I have no issues with American English vs. British English (spelling or pronunciation) - US English is a perfectly acceptable local variant. Except for a couple of blind spots - one of which is the way they turn "mirror" and "squirrel" into one-syllable words.

The palace of meeers

Where dog soldiers are reflected

The endless road and the wailing of chimes

The empty rooms where her memory is protected

Where the angel's voices whisper to the souls of previous times.

The palace of meeers

Where dog soldiers are reflected

The endless road and the wailing of chimes

The empty rooms where her memory is protected

Where the angel's voices whisper to the souls of previous times.

Exactly.

He also threw me for years with: "She's delicate and seems like the mirror" - which I thought was either "like veneer" or "like Vermeer". (Visions of Johanna, BTW)

"Introducing the Waterstones Book Club.

"Our new Book Club brings you the best books to lose yourself in. These are guaranteed, cover-to-cover, life-changing, day-making, unputdownable stories".

Oh **** off. "Guaranteed"? One man's greatest book ever is another man's potboiler. That's what's good about them.

Incidentally, the books are here.

The way Americans say 'mobile'.

Do they not still refer to it as a 'cell-phone'?

Yeah like that place, cell-phone, Alabama.
Need confirmation from one of our USAians.

I would say that the cellphone is "moble", and the place in Alabama is "Mo-BEEL".

:?:

I think it's "mobl" when they say "mobl phone" (on the rare occasion).

But when they say Mobile on it's own, as in the town in Alabama, or the thing you hang above a baby's bed, they say "mobeel"

The way Americans say 'mobile'.

Do they not still refer to it as a 'cell-phone'?

Yeah like that place, cell-phone, Alabama.
Need confirmation from one of our USAians.

I would say that the cellphone is "moble", and the place in Alabama is "Mo-BEEL".

:?:

Is the right answer :) I was being smart on an ironic level if ya get me.

Â