Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

There’s something I genuinely might buy on Gumtree, but there’s a potential issue I can see in one of the pictures. So I message the seller:

Me: Hi, interested in your item, can you tell me if there is any damage top left corner, or is that just the light on the photo?

Seller: I can reduce it to £100

Me: Ok that’s great, but it really depends if there is damage? Is it ok or is there something wrong with the top left corner?

Seller: £90

Me: I guess that means there is damage? So I’ll leave it, thanks.

Seller: I’ve just put it back on reduced to £80

He can knock it down to fifty **** pence for all I care.  

That I want to rant about internet dating, but I'm torn between resurrecting the old thread I found on here, or starting a new one. It's been a week now and am paralysed. This is also a metaphor for my life. 

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s something I genuinely might buy on Gumtree, but there’s a potential issue I can see in one of the pictures. So I message the seller:

Me: Hi, interested in your item, can you tell me if there is any damage top left corner, or is that just the light on the photo?

Me: Ok that’s great, but it really depends if there is damage? Is it ok or is there something wrong with the top left corner?

Limited edition of Biddly Biddly bong by King Uhuru Selase with real blood in the grooves from Royce Coolidge?

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Limited edition of Biddly Biddly bong by King Uhuru Selase with real blood in the grooves from Royce Coolidge?

Haven’t bought any Selase since he collaborated with Prince Herbal Waft.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter books for the first time since they came out basically. 

Something that's hovered in the back of my mind for some time has completely crystallised for me now. 

Harry Potter is basically quite an unlikeable kid. Very ungrateful, constantly putting people at risk who try to help him and does think the world revolves around him. 

To be fair to Harry, he has been the victim of abuse by his Aunt and Uncle. He's no doubt got some issues. 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

That I want to rant about internet dating, but I'm torn between resurrecting the old thread I found on here, or starting a new one. It's been a week now and am paralysed. This is also a metaphor for my life. 

The relationship thread has been quiet for some time. It needs a 'shot in the arm'

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/5643-irreverentads-relationship-advice-thread/page/586/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

To be fair to Harry, he has been the victim of abuse by his Aunt and Uncle. He's no doubt got some issues. 

Nah, he needs to grow up and get a grip. If he doesn't watch out no girls will be remotely interested in him. He'll probably end up having to marry his best friends younger sister which would be embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

The relationship thread has been quiet for some time. It needs a 'shot in the arm'

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/5643-irreverentads-relationship-advice-thread/page/586/

Yep, I agree with Alex, that’s the thread for that.

I’ve been doing likewise since the end of April. It’s not all smooth going, not at all, but I’m happy to provide my experiences of it and you can take what you want from it.

I’ll say this for now though, one week isn’t long enough. Stick with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, I agree with Alex, that’s the thread for that.

I’ve been doing likewise since the end of April. It’s not all smooth going, not at all, but I’m happy to provide my experiences of it and you can take what you want from it.

I’ll say this for now though, one week isn’t long enough. Stick with it.

Right then, I shall rant there. 

The one week refers to how long I've been trying to work out where to post. My internet dating has been going on for years... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The best ones are? Which I experienced recently. 

Me: Is the chest of drawers still for sale

Seller: Yes

Me: I come see it tonight and take it if it's what I am looking for, I'm only local

Seller: Can't do tonight sorry

Me: Tomorrow

Seller: No, out all day unless you can come after 7pm

Me: Errrr, not that late no, weekend

Seller: We have family over the weekend so not really convenient

Me: DO YOU WANNA SELL THE F******** THING!!!!!!

Then you finally go round and it's still in the upstairs room, not even been moved downstairs.

Seller: I can't help move it I've got a bad back

Me: It's not what I'm looking for sorry!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The best ones are? Which I experienced recently. 

Me: Is the chest of drawers still for sale

Seller: Yes

Me: I come see it tonight and take it if it's what I am looking for, I'm only local

Seller: Can't do tonight sorry

Me: Tomorrow

Seller: No, out all day unless you can come after 7pm

Me: Errrr, not that late no, weekend

Seller: We have family over the weekend so not really convenient

Me: DO YOU WANNA SELL THE F******** THING!!!!!!

Then you finally go round and it's still in the upstairs room, not even been moved downstairs.

Seller: I can't help move it I've got a bad back

Me: It's not what I'm looking for sorry!!

Or when you’re selling:

Potential buyer: Is it still available?

Me: Yes

…silence…

Happens over and over again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

People who leave there flashing beacons on there vans while driving. Turn emm off you mugg!!

They likely don’t know they’re on until they reach their destination. Been guilty of this enough times 😳

1 hour ago, Sid4ever said:

Sheep shagging bastard.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

What did I do to you? :o

Is that one of those guys who now owns Wrexham?

I think it's a Welsh reference. 

Â