Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I might have to tune in tomorrow to hear from the concrete expert who is being paid to agree that concrete grows (of course I won’t be).

Screenshot_2021-10-27-15-57-49-98_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

The tape that Amazon use on their parcels. The string in it is like bloody razor wire when I try to open the boxes with my bare hands like the testosterone ridden alpha male that I am...

Use your teeth ya big girls blouse! :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

The tape that Amazon use on their parcels. The string in it is like bloody razor wire when I try to open the boxes with my bare hands like the testosterone ridden alpha male that I am...

Ironically I'm pretty sure they use that tape so that it's easier to open it by hand...

When it gets to the time of night I take the dog out for a walk he starts nagging.

This involves sitting in my eye line, staring at me and yawning over and over. It’s so annoying, and i’m like a mad man telling him to “STOP YAWNING AT ME, ITS PISSING DOWN WITH RAIN!”

7 hours ago, Genie said:

because people can bother you when you’re off, evening, weekend etc.

Also, do you have to be careful what you do with the work sim? If they wanted could they look into internet use and decide that it shouldn’t be done on the work sim?

It’s hard enough WFH keeping work and gone life separate, i’d happily pay the money for my own personal phone/sim.

Separate devices for me. I don't want to be contacted or tempted to look at my work emails when i'm off. Its no hassle carrying two devices - I have things called pockets. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

The flat beneath me don't recycle anything. I know it's none of my business but seeing their overflowing bin, because they are too lazy to use the paper and plastic recycling bins, really pisses me off

I recycle where I can, then when I look in the 'Halloween aisle' in the supermarket and see its full of cheap plastic tat, probably from China, my heart sinks a bit. 

The HBO Max app, which is replacing the truly awful HBO Nordic app, seems to have managed to be even worse than its predecessor. 

My main shows haven’t even been succesfully migrated yet, and the app lags like a 90s dial up connection. 

#First world problems

19 hours ago, El Zen said:

The HBO Max app, which is replacing the truly awful HBO Nordic app, seems to have managed to be even worse than its predecessor. 

My main shows haven’t even been succesfully migrated yet, and the app lags like a 90s dial up connection. 

#First world problems

I’ll backtrack slightly. Migration seems to be complete, and the lagging is more or less gone (possibly related.) 

It’s still miles away from matching Netflix’ interface, but it looks like an improvement nonetheless. 

#First world solutions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 8pints said:

Doesn't that mean you're Ravenclaw anyway?

I guess so, but give me a red soap that changes to blue if so. At least then it'd feel like the ravenclawness was coming from me when I rubbed it in my armpits.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was given this Harry Potter gift set last Christmas (yeah, I like Harry Potter, so what? Wanna fight about it?)

p-5fb502b0a16d583c35fcb9ef-2.jpg

When you lather the soap up it's supposed to turn red, blue, green or yellow, thus revealing your house. Lovely bit of fun.

I kept forgetting to try it, I've been looking it on my bathroom shelf for a nearly year. I tried it last night, it was blue. The blue soap was blue. It didn't change colour.

And that's when I stopped believing in magic.

I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter books for the first time since they came out basically. 

Something that's hovered in the back of my mind for some time has completely crystallised for me now. 

Harry Potter is basically quite an unlikeable kid. Very ungrateful, constantly putting people at risk who try to help him and does think the world revolves around him. 

Generally has no faith or trust in his friends who he treats in a very discourteous way a lot of the time. 

I'm beginning to think Voldermort had a point. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter books for the first time since they came out basically. 

Something that's hovered in the back of my mind for some time has completely crystallised for me now. 

Harry Potter is basically quite an unlikeable kid. Very ungrateful, constantly putting people at risk who try to help him and does think the world revolves around him. 

Generally has no faith or trust in his friends who he treats in a very discourteous way a lot of the time. 

I'm beginning to think Voldermort had a point. 

You have described every teenager. 

Â