Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

because people can bother you when you’re off, evening, weekend etc.

Also, do you have to be careful what you do with the work sim? If they wanted could they look into internet use and decide that it shouldn’t be done on the work sim?

It’s hard enough WFH keeping work and gone life separate, i’d happily pay the money for my own personal phone/sim.

data protection means that they cant, they can look at the usage but not the actual visited sites or content

i had 2 phones for years and its a ball ache, surprised companies dont look at duel sim phones

my biggest issue was whatsapp uploading photos to the cloud and that cloud being my works...and the football chats sending some proper nonsense...

my aunty used to control the phones at my old company, she used to tell me the stories, we had a site manager in digs who was in the top 10 in the country for orange for data usage via a dongle, orange phoned her up and had a laugh about it, again they couldnt see what he was actually doing but they reckon he was making dodgy DVDs or CDs via his work laptop and dongle, thats how much he was downloading, he's the only one who ever got sacked over inappropriate phone use

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think a dual sim phone with separate work and phone numbers is the best of both worlds. My work number is muted and has notifications turned off outside of work hours except for a couple of whitelisted numbers from people I know will only bother me if it's an emergency. No carrying around 2 phones in the daytime, and my personal SIM costs about £8 a month so it's well worth keeping that separation IMO.

Dual sim is old school these days

I don't have a work phone because I don't want two phones and I want my choice of phone

What I do have is a Work VOIP App on my phone so my desk phone transfers to my mobile with no-one knowing the number. I can control when this is on or off but in reality it is always on because I can be called out in emergencies (which is extremely rare)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dual sim is old school these days

I don't have a work phone because I don't want two phones and I want my choice of phone

What I do have is a Work VOIP App on my phone so my desk phone transfers to my mobile with no-one knowing the number. I can control when this is on or off but in reality it is always on because I can be called out in emergencies (which is extremely rare)

ditto

I use Horizon and the work calls come to my mobile but display via the app and with a different ring tone  , so i can ignore or simply switch it to off , should I choose 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

ditto

I use Horizon and the work calls come to my mobile but display via the app and with a different ring tone  , so i can ignore or simply switch it to off , should I choose 

I can even call from my mobile and display whatever number (that the company owns) that I want to depending on who I'm calling, which is excellent as I can display the general number used to access the call centre when I'm calling for example the Police or a customer who I don't want to know my desk phone number.

They know what they're doing, they even said it "lefty idiots calling us up at 10p a minute to tell us how stupid we are"

And to a degree, they're right, whilst simultaneously confirming to the "righty idiots", that "lefty idiots" are in fact, idiots for being drawn in.

Talk sport can't believe their luck.

• Like 2

The flat beneath me don't recycle anything. I know it's none of my business but seeing their overflowing bin, because they are too lazy to use the paper and plastic recycling bins, really pisses me off

• Like 2

I've stopped bothering as much with recycling anything that's a pain. The odds are decent that the load will be contaminated and dumped in general waste, or we're going to ship it across the world to get burned or dumped overseas. If it's dry and relatively clean, I'll chuck it in the recycling bin on the off chance it's one of the lucky batches that actually gets recycled, but if it takes more than a few seconds' effort, it's going in the general waste bin.

I'm big on reducing and reusing, and actively avoid products that have excessive packaging where there are alternatives, but spending time washing out Marmite jars is a mug's game.

• Like 1

Â