Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My online savings account crapped out , basically their authentication texts were so delayed that by the time they sent them they had expired and then they locked my account out  . have to call them to get it unlocked

15 mins on hold listening to their We are sorry and someone will be with you soon and then the next song on the hold music was poxy Queen , so I've hung up 

means I've got to go through the whole process again now ....

Have they blamed Covid yet?

Edited by Anthony
Punctuation

15 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Have they blamed Covid yet?

the didn't' surprisingly , they blamed it on O2  ...

Bloke was a Geordie , was going to ask him Questions about a murderous regime but figured its not really his fault , so let him off with a Thanks for your help 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the didn't' surprisingly , they blamed it on O2  ...

Bloke was a Geordie , was going to ask him Questions about a murderous regime but figured its not really his fault , so let him off with a Thanks for your help 

You could just have sung "Just a small town in Scotland at him" so as not to be so controversial

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

My online savings account crapped out , basically their authentication texts were so delayed that by the time they sent them they had expired and then they locked my account out  . have to call them to get it unlocked

15 mins on hold listening to their We are sorry and someone will be with you soon and then the next song on the hold music was poxy Queen , so I've hung up 

means I've got to go through the whole process again now ....

Same here, but I've not managed to get through to them yet. Some numpty (after 35 minutes on hold) referred me to technical department to change my login details, obviously couldn't do it, so I gave up. Might try again when I have life to waste.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly.

It's not so much that you're meant to do it, just that it's your responsibility to see it gets done.

I'm in procurement so we have lots of things we have to get from suppliers, like information, or delivery dates etc. The number of times the answer is "Well I emailed the supplier but they haven't got back to me"

I  used to also get Emails showing shite KPI's or when we had missed budgets, my manager would just send me the graphs and figures with no explanation. So I never bothered telling my team and acted dumb when he said, (not the detail) did you get my email. GRRRRRR!!!

So glad I don't work with him anymore, I'm sure he just used to send few Emails in the morning then google boll***s all day

In a foul mood. First day back after a week and people chasing me at 9am for things they emailed me when i was away! It's the arrogance of them. 

I had a face like thunder for the first few hours today... beginning to thaw a bit now. Need a drink. Might have a stiff one (insert KW..sorry @mottaloo;) )

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Xela said:

In a foul mood. First day back after a week and people chasing me at 9am for things they emailed me when i was away! It's the arrogance of them. 

I had a face like thunder for the first few hours today... beginning to thaw a bit now. Need a drink. Might have a stiff one (insert KW..sorry @mottaloo;) )

First day back after a week off for me and it was amazingly quiet. Loads of people off this week, no massive dramas whilst I was off.

I casually cleared my emails, did an online training course and took it easy.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

First day back after a week off for me and it was amazingly quiet. Loads of people off this week, no massive dramas whilst I was off.

I casually cleared my emails, did an online training course and took it easy.

Yeah ok mate, no-one likes a gloater :P 

• Haha 1

I'm about 2 months into a new job, and although at times the last place was stressful, and the people I worked with were mostly a buch of ungrateful bastards, I kind of miss being the go-to guy for so many things. I literally didn't talk to a single person today. Just cracked on with my own work. I'd have welcomed that a few months ago, but I'm starting to feel a bit bored and unchallenged just being left to work on peicemeal tasks.

I couldn't have taken another few months of the last place, the incompetence was off the charts and I'd be working 12 hour days feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders, but here I can just put my feet up and people seem constantly surprised when I deliver things over and above what was asked for in a fraction of the time. I reckon I could probably go part time without anyone noticing, but I'm surprised at how bad that's been for my morale in the last few weeks. I'm used to working at 100mph, and it takes some getting used to, people not really expecting me to do very much.

• Like 2

The reason I posted that, is that the department head has basically made me his lone pet staffer directly reporting to him, whereas most people in a role like mine would belong to a team with commitments every 2 weeks. He just dripfeeds me a task at a time, confident it'll take me a few days, then when I finish it in hours I have to wait for him to be available to think of my next job.

Today I undid a cluster**** someone had wasted weeks on, made it work properly, sent a message saying this "1 week" task was done in about half a day, watched an episode of Maid, had a wank (not at the same time), opened a beer, played a bit of rocket league, did some training, then had a 2 hour nap. 

I've suggested just making me a backlog of items to pick through at y own pace, but need to be a bit more insistent, I think. I feel so lazy that today I basically did 2 hours of work but I'll have blown him away :D 

I can relate to a lot of what @Davkaus said. I went from 1 role that was quite intense and fast paced to another where I can do the job, better than most others in the team, in my sleep.

Its nice that there’s no stress or pressure but also a bit of guilt from working well within my capacity and worry’s about getting lazy.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The reason I posted that, is that the department head has basically made me his lone pet staffer directly reporting to him, whereas most people in a role like mine would belong to a team with commitments every 2 weeks. He just dripfeeds me a task at a time, confident it'll take me a few days, then when I finish it in hours I have to wait for him to be available to think of my next job.

Today I undid a clustfuck someone had wasted weeks on, made it work properly, sent a message saying this "1 week" task was done in about half a day, watched an episode of Maid, had a wank (not at the same time), opened a beer, played a bit of rocket league, did some training, then had a 2 hour nap. 

I've suggested just making me a backlog of items to pick through at y own pace, but need to be a bit more insistent, I think. I feel so lazy that today I basically did 2 hours of work but I'll have blown him away :D 

To be honest, my job is like this at times. It must sound like heaven to people who are flat out all the time, but I know what you mean, it can get pretty boring and demotivating on occasion. Just gotta tell yourself that the naps, shopping trips and hand shandies are how you stay mentally sharp for the moments that matter :D👍

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Today I undid a cluster**** someone had wasted weeks on, made it work properly, sent a message saying this "1 week" task was done in about half a day, watched an episode of Maid, had a wank (not at the same time), opened a beer, played a bit of rocket league, did some training, then had a 2 hour nap. 

images (2).jpeg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

This actually should piss me off.  Flying home today after a week and a half spent moving between elder-sitting for my father then driving 7 hours to get home before immediately flying 1500 miles to handle affairs and plan a memorial service for my mother, who passed away while I was at my father’s.  Finally flying home today after everything is wrapped up and I find out my flight out is delayed by 1 1/2 hours, which is the exact amount of time I had between arrival of my first leg and departure of my connection home.  Next flight out is 5 1/2 hours later.  Then I get a notification my next flight is delayed by another 40 minutes.   And I’d paid for the premium coach seating with extra leg room and wider seats but am stuck in basic economy on my new connecting flight.  Instead of 6:30 PM, I’ll get home at 1:30 AM, which is 3:30 In the time zone my body has gotten used to.  And I’m due at work at 8:30 AM.   And my work VPN won’t work with the stupid airport WiFi, so I can’t even start catching up on the hundreds of e-mails and other deferred tasks that have accumulated since I left a week and a half ago.  6 hours sitting in the airport.  Nothing to do at the airport but sit in the pub and drink beer.   So I’ll go into work with a slight hangover.  As may be apparent, I’ve already had a few at the pub.

On a lighter note, the pub in the airport has Polygamy Porter on tap.   In Utah, the home of the Mormons, whose history has included embracing polygamy and still has extremists who practice it.   And the waiter is wearing a T-shirt that says, “I’ve tried polygamy.”

Bloody hell. Sincere condolences @il_serpente that's a hell of a lot to tackle. 

Hope the remainder of the week is relatively dull. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

'Twenty-two minutes late, badger ate a junction box at New Malden'

R.Perrin

More dishonest people may have arrived on time but looked to see what trains were delayed and put a claim in for that. 

• Haha 1

Â