Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I was delighted when it was announced that Shaun Keaveny was leaving 6 Music.

It seems they've replaced him with Craig fecking Charles

It was great when they had Chris Hawkins in before Craig CHarles took over the slot, no pretentions with him at all.

Craig Charles has converted his trunk of funk into a trunk of punk as he continues to pretend he was a punk, no-one from that scene in Liverpool ever remembers him as being part of it, though he does get remembered for being in a shit heavy metal band

23 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

You’re getting paid to wank, stop complaining ;)

They take a dim view of that at my place. Especially in the open plan office. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was great when they had Chris Hawkins in before Craig Charles took over the slot, no pretentions with him at all.

Craig Charles has converted his trunk of funk into a trunk of punk as he continues to pretend he was a punk, no-one from that scene in Liverpool ever remembers him as being part of it, though he does get remembered for being in a shit heavy metal band

Me too, couldn't stand Keaveny.

Hawkins was fine, and tbh Craig Charles doesn't bother me either. He's done his trunk of punk when he's sat in previously, so it's not some new thing, and listeners calling in and asking for old punk records is fine by me. In the week I can listen to it (6) all day without having to turn it off because of any presenters. Not quite the case at weekends, yet, mind.

Anyway, I expect I'll be back to playing my own CDs and records soon, but I need to visit the local record shop first, for some new stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Me too, couldn't stand Keaveny.

Hawkins was fine, and tbh Craig Charles doesn't bother me either. He's done his trunk of punk when he's sat in previously, so it's not some new thing, and listeners calling in and asking for old punk records is fine by me. In the week I can listen to it (6) all day without having to turn it off because of any presenters. Not quite the case at weekends, yet, mind.

Anyway, I expect I'll be back to playing my own CDs and records soon, but I need to visit the local record shop first, for some new stuff.

Liz Kershaw alert!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Huey criminal or whatever his name is is the worst offender, in my ears anyway.

Oh he’s bad, very bad but Liz Kershaw is just an absolutely horrendously condescending narcissistic little englander, sexually harassing men to the point of suicide witch

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It was great when they had Chris Hawkins in before Craig CHarles took over the slot, no pretentions with him at all.

Well I bloody liked Keaveny, so you lot that got rid of him. I wish a million George Lambs on you. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Wasn't he involved with the teardrop explodes?

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Wasn't he involved with the teardrop explodes?

Well yes and no. He jumped onstage uninvited just before TTE came on and read a poem which was taking the piss out of Julian Cope that was his first gig (in his version of events), he was then invited by the band to open for them at other gigs

But that was the extent of it. I don't think he even gets a mention in Cope's autobigraphy

5 hours ago, Xela said:

They take a dim view of that at my place. Especially in the open plan office. 

I usually wank in the lift at work.........which is wrong on so many levels

tenor.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Couple of things piss me off (but shouldn’t) about this spam email

Firstly, how are they still able to say the phone is free? It clearly isn’t free, the same tariff without the handset is about £15-£20 a month.

Secondly, that footnote, it would be bad enough that your price went up mid contract, but these cheeky bastards are going to put it up by the rate of CPI PLUS 3.9% again. What a piss take.

8-D06279-D-42-F9-4259-9-B97-7-F729-DBDF1

On 22/10/2021 at 20:57, Genie said:

Do you guys use your personal phones for work?

I have a separate mobile which is switched off and stuck in a drawer when I’m taking annual leave

I used separate for ages but now I just use my work phone and sim for everything. Why not? Saves money.

Went to see my local team last night Chertsey Town

Our keeper made a complete balls up  , they scored , and their player ran half the length of the field to stand right in the keepers face with his arms stretched out wide goading him , they scored a third and their players ran to the main stand blowing kisses and gesturing to the Chertsey fans to bring it on .

Few minutes later one of their players threw the ball in our players face , who retaliated and got sent off .. all the Bracknell players ran over to throw handbags and a second Chertsey player got sent off .. Game got abandoned  , as the ref had lost control   ... as one of the Chertsey players walked down the tunnel a member of Bracknell staff ran up behind him headbutted him and pushed him over 

the away teams usually come in the clubhouse after the game for a beer and pizza , they all refused as they " feared for their safety"  .. I've eaten from that pizza place , they aren't the best but I hardly think it would kill them 

Today the Bracknell chairmen put a statement out on twitter praising his players for staying calm and controlled during some shocking incidents  ...

its the age old thing of players provoking incidents but its the person who retaliates that gets punished ( goes without saying ,they shouldn't have bitten and retaliated though) 

but their Chairman lording it up really pisses me off  

the return match in Feb should be fun though 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

On 25/10/2021 at 14:35, Stevo985 said:

Nah. If it's your action, that's not good enough imo.

Your responsibility is to make sure that's done. Fair enough it might be their fault, but if it's your action you should be following that up.

The amount of times I'm running a meeting and someone's action is, I don't know, "Make sure prices are corrected in SAP". And the answer I get is "well I sent that team an email asking them to do it but I haven't heard anything back" winds me up.
**** call them and make sure they've done it. Or get a reason why they haven't done it.

RACI innit.

If you're accountable for something, like a service, or a task, and then you make someone else responsible for it, you're still accountable. So it's down to you to follow up even if you've sent an email.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I used separate for ages but now I just use my work phone and sim for everything. Why not? Saves money.

because people can bother you when you’re off, evening, weekend etc.

Also, do you have to be careful what you do with the work sim? If they wanted could they look into internet use and decide that it shouldn’t be done on the work sim?

It’s hard enough WFH keeping work and gone life separate, i’d happily pay the money for my own personal phone/sim.

Just now, Genie said:

Also, do you have to be careful what you do with the work sim? If they wanted could they look into internet use and decide that it shouldn’t be done on the work sim?

If they bother me, I'll tell em to **** off.

Just now, Genie said:

I've been doing it for 3/4 years now and nobody gives a shit.

I think a dual sim phone with separate work and phone numbers is the best of both worlds. My work number is muted and has notifications turned off outside of work hours except for a couple of whitelisted numbers from people I know will only bother me if it's an emergency. No carrying around 2 phones in the daytime, and my personal SIM costs about £8 a month so it's well worth keeping that separation IMO.

• Like 1

Â