Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Is it too late for us to start a justgiving page for you ? 

If people started calling me a nazi (which I’m not) or a slag (which I most likely would be given the opportunity) then I’d say go ahead.

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Nothing to do with Jack Grealish. Or Tyrone Mings.

Nothing to do with the way the penalty was won.

Nothing to do with Gareth Southgate as the England manager.

England reach the final of the major tournament, the first in my lifetime. And I feel nothing. I spent most of the game doing my daughter’s bedtime routine (three stories tonight). Not bothering to check the score.

It’s actually made me realise I haven’t really been invested in the England squad for about 15 to 20 years. During that time I’ve watched, I’ve cheered, I got annoyed at Lampard’s effort apparently not crossing the line. But I’ve never dwelt on results like I have done/do for Villa. It’s all quickly forgotten.

Seems like an odd thread to put this in, but the reason for that is the 12 year old me who was in tears after the semi final defeat in 1996 would be extremely pissed off with my indifference tonight (I’m celebrating by watching “The Untouchables” on telly and wishing I caught the start).

So, I guess I’m pissed off at my utter indifference. That or I feel the pubescent me would want to post this if he could and I probably owe him that.

I've become a terribly lapsed Boston sports fan these days. The Villa obsession dominates the time I alott to sports. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m pissed off at my utter indifference.

It is argued that hate is not the opposite of love, but that it is indifference.

Feel for you.

• Like 1

@Mark Albrighton I’m the same tbh, but a part is certainly down to the manner of the victory. To get a place in a major final via a cheated penalty doesn’t sit right. Then all the other cheated free kicks on top, you could see the Danes would furious the ref kept giving them.

I do agree though, seeing the scenes and just not being that bothered. I thought I’d care more than I do.

• Like 1

I called the plumber who was meant to be here this morning, and he said he couldn't come because his van broke down, and he'd have called me but he didn't have my number, but he'll call me next week when it's fixed.

Then he asked what the job was.
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:
I called the plumber who was meant to be here this morning, and he said he couldn't come because his van broke down, and he'd have called me but he didn't have my number, but he'll call me next week when it's fixed.

He was busy fixing the south gate on his own boiler

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I hope his plumbing skills are better than his bullshitting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I 'kin hate modern choreographed dancing. It really, really grinds my gears. 5 or 6 people doing weird jerky movements at the same time. 

Modern dancing looks like some form of epilepsy therapy 

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Signing this petition will define you

You will be first against the wall come the glorious day

I booked it off weeks ago... just in case. 😎

27 minutes ago, MCU said:

I booked it off weeks ago... just in case. 😎

I just booked Monday off because there is no way I'm watching a final and bouncing into work the next day. Regardless of the result. 

Why when videos are created for team meetings do they have to be so unbelievably cringe worthy. Clearly got way to much time on there hands and nobody wants to watch them. 

Â