Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

5 minutes of general chit chat before every webex.

I don't care mate.

The horror of logging on and realising its just you and one other so far. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like all good parties, never turn up early. I hold back till its 1 or 2 mins past start time, then I know I'll be entering a full house. No awkward chit chat bollocks.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If you're using zoom then make sure you haven't got it set to automatically join with audio.

If you have this NOT set to automatic, then you get the pop up asking how you want to join with audio. You can see who is in the meeting but you can't hear them, and your little box will say "connecting to audio" so they can't hear you

That way you can just sit there and wait until other people join the meeting, and then connect your audio and say "sorry guys, had a few issues connecting"

You're welcome

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

If you're using zoom then make sure you haven't got it set to automatically join with audio.

If you have this NOT set to automatic, then you get the pop up asking how you want to join with audio. You can see who is in the meeting but you can't hear them, and your little box will say "connecting to audio". 

That way you can just sit there and wait until other people join the meeting, and then connect your audio and say "sorry guys, had a few issues connecting"

You're welcome

That's what I do,  wait until the very last second then join.

I don't put my camera on for work and don't look at them either much.

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

That's what I do,  wait until the very last second then join.

I don't put my camera on for work and don't look at them either much.

We've had it as a thing from our new MD everyone has to put the camera on

Not a chance, sat in home office putting a shirt on, doing my hair, shaving and that bollocks? Not happening 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

How do Zoom meetings ever start with everyone hovering around waiting for others to join before they do 🤔

I was just thinking this. Eventually zoom meetings just won't happen because nobody will want to join first.

It'll be like that F1 race last year when everyone missed qualifying because nobody wanted to go first

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was just thinking this. Eventually zoom meetings just won't happen because nobody will want to join first.

It'll be like that F1 race last year when everyone missed qualifying because nobody wanted to go first

Or that World Cup game that nobody wanted to win. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s always that guy who loves being first, and will call in those missing. 

• Like 2

Solihull Council. Again.

It's 2021, and our council is in the second largest city in the country, yet they can't manage to email me a form.

Absolutely unbelievable.

I can't collect the form in person because the offices are closed.

Now I have had to type out a letter, print it, and will put it through their letterbox.

So glad I'm leaving this area, they're all **** useless.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Solihull Council. Again.

It's 2021, and our council is in the second largest city in the country, yet they can't manage to email me a form.

Absolutely unbelievable.

I can't collect the form in person because the offices are closed.

Now I have had to type out a letter, print it, and will put it through their letterbox.

So glad I'm leaving this area, they're all **** useless.

FFS just as I type this, the email arrives.

Preprinted with the year "2020" on it.

Clowns.

Been trying to get some software installed at work for a new starter. It finally come down to hook her up. She says she is busy can you come back in 15 minutes.

Mate. They aren't coming back.

See you in 2 months helpdesk man.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Been trying to get some software installed at work for a new starter. It finally come down to hook her up. She says she is busy can you come back in 15 minutes.

Mate. They aren't coming back.

See you in 2 months helpdesk man.

Depends on her credentials.

• Haha 1

Well that's a surprise, already having difficulty switching phone and internet provider and haven't **** moved yet.

Went with Plusnet, who say there is no line registered at new address even though current inhabitant uses BT internet and landline. Want to charge me an extra fifty notes.

I've questioned this, and they've told me I have to contact BT and get them to do an ORDI (whatever that is).

Contact BT who a) won't deal with me as I'm not a customer and b) say I can't talk to Openreach as they only deal with ISP's.

Plusnet now have 48 hours to sort this pile of shit out before I cancel and take my business elsewhere.

• Sad 1

Â