Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

That is the crux of it for me. I can't control it, why am I getting wound up by it? 

The trick is to enjoy the good moments but not get wound up by the bad moments.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Xela said:

That is the crux of it for me. I can't control it, why am I getting wound up by it? 

Deep down I think there's more than a few who still need to be wound up by it, football is a still a vent, there's a lot of anger and frustration surrounding it and an incredible amount of moaning 

Mines not too bad with villa at the moment, the relegation year and Bruce killed off my anger for this team, still got it for refs though and this summer for the euros - I know that I hate watching England, I know that I will probably sit at home with a beer watching the games alone (maybe still in lockdown) and that I be angry and that it will do me no good, I will not enjoy it, yet I will still do it to myself when I shouldn't 

• Like 2

10 mins before the start of the game last night my dog was asking for a walk so I took him out, not really bothered I’d miss the first 15 minutes of the game. As the 2nd half kicked off it was children into bed time, again I had little desire to rush back to the game.

A whole load of reasons to lose some interest are all coming together now.

I’ll watch what I can, not get too fussed with highs or lows.

• Like 4

The kick off times this season are actually putting me in a position where I can watch more, we don't seem to have many early Saturday or Sunday games where I would go about my life and not watch it, Sunday night at 8pm here, Saturday night 9pm, that's a case there's no a fat lot else to do, wife and baby in bed, last night wife watching weekly Sunday night German TV crime thriller so she's happy that I'm watching something else 

I 100% definitley would not get flustered at a result when I haven't watched the game, those days are long gone 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Because we've been doing the same shit for years (in my case almost 50 years)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking to take the children out for the day on Sunday. Prices for 2 adults, 2 children.

Drayton Manor - £110

Twycross Zoo - £70.70

Alton Towers - £140

West Midlands Safari Park - £146

Crazy prices, a trip to the safari park, plus some food, drink, fuel is going to be about £200 for a few hours entertainment. 

Edited by Genie

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Looking to take the children out for the day on Sunday. Prices for 2 adults, 2 children.

Drayton Manor - £110

Twycross Zoo - £70.70

Alton Towers - £140

Crazy prices, a trip to the safari park, plus some food, drink, fuel is going to be about £200 for a few hours entertainment. 

Absolute robbery.

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Drayton Manor - £110

Twycross Zoo - £70.70

Alton Towers - £140

Was it those prices pre March 2020?

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

Drayton Manor - £110

Twycross Zoo - £70.70

Alton Towers - £140

What a bloody rip off, there are often deals to be had for Alton Towers in newspapers  or on back of cereal boxes or tickets on ebay 

I know its not the same, but if the weather is nice get off to Barmouth for day on the beach and little fair ground or a picnic over seven springs Cannock Chase 

depends on their age though

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2021 at 08:48, Follyfoot said:

The pool balls are incorrectly set up on the beefeater gin advert just before they are broken up. 

I have emailed Beefeater gin for an explanation and if they are good enough to reply I shall share their response on this thread.

Similar, when I watch a programme on tv or film where people are in a pub, in the back ground they are throwing darts. You can see they have never thrown a dart in their lives and the scores on the chalk board dont make sense. Look out for it. Oh and the extras wandering around the pub in the background 

When you are waiting to pull out of a junction, only one car coming and nothing coming the opposite way or behind this other car. Just got to wait for this car to pass then you can pull out. Still waiting. Nearly there now. Then they indicate at the last second and turn into the road your coming out of. Why not just flash me or indicate quicker?

image.jpeg.ad3b2ff38dfff1c2333bec36c1132a28.jpeg

image.jpeg.737a444a1c407802075039a6251436fc.jpeg

**** absolute word removed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Drayton Manor has changed ownership and there’s been some criticism of their new pricing since reopening. They did 4 tickets for £80 online under the old regime.

Alton Towers is £53 standard adult entry price without an offer, but they do a lot of offers. It’s £38 without an offer if booked 5 days ahead.

WMSP are absolutely taking the piss.

53 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I think people will find that food and drink, entertainment, service and tourism industry of all kinds will sky rocket in terms of prices, once things are slowly getting back to normal. They will try and recover lost ground for sure.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2021 at 08:48, Follyfoot said:

The pool balls are incorrectly set up on the beefeater gin advert just before they are broken up. 

I have emailed Beefeater gin for an explanation and if they are good enough to reply I shall share their response on this thread.

See also - every film or tv show ever made where someone picks up a coffee cup that is clearly empty. Same for suitcases. 

• Like 4

Â