Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Just tell them he is 2 3/4. I got away with that with mine till they were at least five

It's more the principle of the thing, why is the pricing structure that way? I've also seen some places get around lying about them being 2 by not giving out wrist bands to under 3s and they then can't go on rides etc. 

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The sugar tax in Poland included sugar replacement / free drinks, so now it’s difficult to get a 1.5L bottle (the standard large size here) of either Pepsi Max or Coke Zero for less than the equivalent of a quid, which represented a 50% increase at least overnight.

In the UK I always viewed 2L bottles of pop and 150g bags of crisps that should cost £1 each and I’d just buy whichever was on that offer any given week.

Thrown in bags or the big bars of chocolate too

They are 3 things that should always cost £1 and if the offer isn't on in tesco I will go to Morrisons and get it from there instead 

In Germany you'd do well to get change from a fiver for the 3 (and 1.5 is the standard here too) 

• Like 1

I don't really drink stuff like coke and chocolate is a rare treat so can't say for myself but I'm curious if the sugar tax has actually led to people buying less of it or if people are now just paying more? 

I don’t think I have had a full fat cola drink in over 15 years and I could not tell you the price of it. We gets cases of cans from Farm Foods or Iceland as they always tend to have deals on cans. My wife informs me they are the cheapest. 

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think I've done well to avoid hearing about it.

Me and the missus decided we're going to try and find a day free to binge on the latest series when it finished.

My reason for putting it in this thread is more because I’m not watching it and don’t see the appeal. It looks like The Bill. 

Spoiler

I’m sure it’s good. But we missed the boat at the start and will probably watch it at some point in the coming months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't really drink stuff like coke and chocolate is a rare treat so can't say for myself but I'm curious if the sugar tax has actually led to people buying less of it or if people are now just paying more? 

I would lazily guess that theyve managed to balance it all, they sell full fat diet and zero all at the same price, what coke have also done is introduced new flavours which are almost always exclusively zero sugar so the sales of zero coke at the lower tax rate have probably gone up whilst full fat has gone down 

The 2l bottles are seemingly always on offer somewhere for £1, they must have been that price for 10+ years now, it's the little bottles and cans that have gone up, the 500ml bottles are now a waste of time, they're around £1.30 maybe more depending on the shop, 300ml cans are ridiculous, 70p if you're lucky

So what they've done is actually "forced" me to buy big bottles because that's where the value is, as a result I'm probably drinking even more coke than I did previously

Nice one Jamie 👍

• Thanks 1

I’ve heard of people that buy the big bottles of Pepsi Max in motorway services as the 1.5L bottle is £1.75 whereas the handy ‘snack’ size bottle is £2.20.

These people can then justify buying 4 or 5 bottles of coke on expenses when out on the road or on site for a few days. 

If they then drink water from a flask whilst out on site, they end up with what looks like a prepper’s stash under the stairs in the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

My reason for putting it in this thread is more because I’m not watching it and don’t see the appeal. It looks like The Bill. 

Hide contents

I’m sure it’s good. But we missed the boat at the start and will probably watch it at some point in the coming months.

It's on of the best UK dramas of all time to be honest. Especialy the first couple of series

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I may need to cave in and watch it all

Won't take you long, the first couple of series are seriously addictive.

The quality has definitely dropped a bit, especially the last series, but it's an excellent show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's on of the best UK dramas of all time to be honest. Especialy the first couple of series

i think it benefited more from the fact that there wasnt a whole lot of choice as to what was on back then, it wasnt competing with anything, london's burning was probably the 2nd best, that said to be fair i did like Reg

Spoiler

:trollface:

• Haha 3

as for line of duty...amazon here only has it in german with german subtitles so she watches it and really likes it, i kind of watch it understanding around 50% of it

there was a moment late in to the first series with regards to the filming location that was great though

Spoiler

"i think i know that fire station.....**** hell!! i know that fire station!! this is in **** Brum!!!"

watched it last 2 months and i didnt have a clue about that

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I feel like there’s a lot of hype about it. Like A LOT. 

If it’s as good as you say, then great. Me and the wife will surely watch it at some point. So as long as we avoid spoilers then I’ll look forward to it.

Until this year, though, when the buzz around it on the internet is reaching unbearable levels, my only exposure to it has been the little clips you see on Gogglebox, and from that (I know it’s not much to go on), it just looked like every other british drama that they watch on Gogglebox and look shocked about. Apart from a few twists and turns, I didn’t see what what so great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I feel like there’s a lot of hype about it. Like A LOT. 

If it’s as good as you say, then great. Me and the wife will surely watch it at some point. So as long as we avoid spoilers then I’ll look forward to it.

Until this year, though, when the buzz around it on the internet is reaching unbearable levels, my only exposure to it has been the little clips you see on Gogglebox, and from that (I know it’s not much to go on), it just looked like every other british drama that they watch on Gogglebox and look shocked about. Apart from a few twists and turns, I didn’t see what what so great.

Yeah there is a lot of hype around it which is annoying. And might build it up more than it should. But it is a genuinely very good show. And like I said the early series especially are much more than just another british drama

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as for line of duty...amazon here only has it in german with german subtitles so she watches it and really likes it, i kind of watch it understanding around 50% of it

there was a moment late in to the first series with regards to the filming location that was great though

Reveal hidden contents

"i think i know that fire station.....**** hell!! i know that fire station!! this is in **** Brum!!!"

watched it last 2 months and i didnt have a clue about that

Yeah it's all set in "the Midlands" but the first series is all filmed in Brum. It's Belfast after that but I'm the same as you, loved picking out the parts of Brum I knew in the first series

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I haven't seen this kind of coverage for a TV programme since GoT.  Never watched Line of Duty though, is it all accessible on a particular streaming platform?

Iplayer. Its all on there. 

• Thanks 1

Â