4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Me - what we having for Sunday dinner?

Her - brought a chicken 

Me - but it’s out of date

Her - Is it

Me - Yes

Her - oh, I did check the date on it but not the date of the weekend 

🤦‍♂️

“Yes it has a date” puts it in the trolley.

• Haha 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Oh lads, I'm well and truly in the doghouse. Blankets and pillow thrown on the sofa.

Flipping heck 😳

All because you said you were looking forward to having some time to yourself? I think this is one of those relationship defining moments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Flipping heck 😳

All because you said you were looking forward to having some time to yourself? I think this is one of those relationship defining moments.

Maybe I wasn't that tactful, but I saw it coming. I was texting @fightoffyour saying how I was looking forward to my night alone, and she came in and was like 'I'm tired, busy week at work etc" and my first reaction was 'you cancelled again??"

Even bearing that in mind, I think it's a little bit of an overreaction, but there's bad work week + hormones at play.

I think it's one of those where you ask 100 blokes and I did nothing wrong and 100 girls would say I'm the worst person in the world.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think it's one of those where you ask 100 blokes and I did nothing wrong and 100 girls would say I'm the worst person in the world.

Absolutely. 

34 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The thing that frustrates me most is that whilst technically I can do all of the things I'd do on my own, like play some games, have a beer, watch something; I'd always feel that she would want to do something, judge me for playing, judge me for having a beer.

And that's what she'll never understand about wanting that alone time.

Been there, done that and I know your dilemma exactly.

Sorry mate, f*** her off.  I lived with that shit for nearly 10 years and it's mentally taxing.

Thankfully I now have a better woman who actually encourages these things us men like doing.

When I have a beer, she will have a drink too, We playstation together or even retro console together, depends the gaming mood at the time.

Hell, she even watches the Villa games if they're on when she's with me.

I am quite lucky on the front now compared to the years of hell with the the smothering and controlling ex partner, where if I farted the wrong way it would receive an inquest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry mate, f*** her off.  I lived with that shit for nearly 10 years and it's mentally taxing.

Thankfully I now have a better woman who actually encourages these things us men like doing.

When I have a beer, she will have a drink too, We playstation together or even retro console together, depends the gaming mood at the time.

I am quite lucky on the front now compared to the years of hell with the the smothering and controlling ex partner, where if I farted the wrong way it would receive an inquest.

Come on, he’s not coming on here every day to say how great the relationship is because that’s probably just normal.

I drink beer with my Mrs, that’s great.

she doesn’t watch villa, that’s also great. Better actually.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

She's not normally bad to be honest. She just hates one of the games I play, and has bad experiences with alcohol in the family. It's not all her fault.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah it’ll be fine, he’ll have a safe haven here next weekend (or tomorrow if necessary!). Just crossed wires / emotions and all that. Mountains and mole hills. Storm in a pint glass 

Yeah likely, she's had an awful week at work, and has a difficult time of the month.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Come on, he’s not coming on here every day to say how great the relationship is because that’s probably just normal.

I drink beer with my Mrs, that’s great.

she doesn’t watch villa, that’s also great. Better actually.

I know that mate, but it all starts somewhere and it just rings alarm bells, especially if you've experienced and lived through it.

Maybe it's just me, but I think life is too short for that shit personally.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

TBF I never think to look at the date when I buy meat . . . if it's in the supermarket, it's probably fine, that's my attitude.

PM me your address and I’ll post her to you with an instruction manual and a magic specially marked calendar showing when malfunctions are more likely to occur 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

She doesn't watch Villa, but for the first 10 mins of the CIty game, she told me a rambling story from work so that was cool

I get this too.

My explanation of "If you were watching something on TV and I sat here talking to you and expecting you to have a conversation you'd be livid!" falls on deaf ears

Â