Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

See also - every film or tv show ever made where someone picks up a coffee cup that is clearly empty. Same for suitcases. 

Haha yes, I thought it was just me with the empty coffee cup things. Just stick some water in it FFS 

39 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

They have a lot of bills to be fair.

Yeah I get that, but £146 for a family of 4 😳

Drayton Manor has the zoo, Thomas Land and the main theme park for about 30% less. 

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

Yeah I get that, but £146 for a family of 4 😳

Drayton Manor has the zoo, Thomas Land and the main theme park for about 30% less. 

It was a pelican joke.

Or Platypus ( I ain't been there since the 80's)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Drayton Manor has changed ownership and there’s been some criticism of their new pricing since reopening. They did 4 tickets for £80 online under the old regime.

Alton Towers is £53 standard adult entry price without an offer, but they do a lot of offers. It’s £38 without an offer if booked 5 days ahead.

WMSP are absolutely taking the piss.

The new owners of Drayton Manor are the same people who own WMSP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

When you are waiting to pull out of a junction, only one car coming and nothing coming the opposite way or behind this other car. Just got to wait for this car to pass then you can pull out. Still waiting. Nearly there now. Then they indicate at the last second and turn into the road your coming out of. Why not just flash me or indicate quicker?

image.jpeg.ad3b2ff38dfff1c2333bec36c1132a28.jpeg

image.jpeg.737a444a1c407802075039a6251436fc.jpeg

**** absolute word removed. 

Not as annoying as when you're waiting to join a island and some mother **** can see you waiting to join and merrily leave the island at your junction without indicating. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Thomasland pisses on cbeebies world at Alton Towers. My grandson hated the Towers but loved Thomas Land. 

Thomas Land is brilliant for the little ones. It’s a shame in some ways it’s not it’s own little theme park.

We went a couple of times at Christmas when all the other rides were closed, brilliant day out. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

When you are waiting to pull out of a junction, only one car coming and nothing coming the opposite way or behind this other car. Just got to wait for this car to pass then you can pull out. Still waiting. Nearly there now. Then they indicate at the last second and turn into the road your coming out of. Why not just flash me or indicate quicker?

Just as annoying is when they slow down and let you out.

It shouldn't be annoying because they're being nice. But by the time it has taken them to slow down, and for you to realise they're letting you out, they could have just driven past and you'd have been able to pull out anyway

• Like 2

I find that if you’re waiting at a T junction to turn right and the car coming from the left doesn’t let you out it’s a female driver about 90% of the time.

Men generally have computed that it makes little difference to them flick the lights and let you out, but a big help to the other car. Female drivers will almost always make you wait. They won’t make eye contact either like they know what they’ve done is a bit selfish. 

That’s from my extensive research :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

West Midlands Safari Park - £146

Crazy prices, a trip to the safari park, plus some food, drink, fuel is going to be about £200 for a few hours entertainment. 

thats madness

that said last time i went there i was at 6th form and hid in the boot to sneak in...the lad driving the car thought it would be funny to hit the sleeping policemen in bewdley at 30mph...

i also take it no one will be staying in their £1000 per night new accommodation in the middle of the enclosures? got a mate building them and he says the spec is high and really nice but £1000 a night to stay at the safari park? living in dream world

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I’d rather just go to the seaside for the day instead. £60 petrol. 

Christ, what are you driving? A full tank in my car is £50 and I could drive from Yorkshire to Devon and back on that. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Thomasland pisses on cbeebies world at Alton Towers. My grandson hated the Towers but loved Thomas Land. 

Count your blessings. I had to go to Peppa Pig world last summer. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's that old theory isn't there that putting shopping trolleys away sorts the real selfish words removed from the rest of the world.

In so much as nobody is making you put a trolley back. There is no punishment for not doing it. You don't really have to do it and if you don't nobody is going to do anything about it. it will eventually get put back by the trolley man.

But it's just the right thing to do so people do it. Unless you're a selfish word removed who only cares about themselves.

Absolutely. Its a great way of judging the character of someone. When I saw Mr and Mrs Arbuckle walk back to their car, my inner prejudices made an assumption that they wouldn't take the trolley back, based on their appearance. I hoped I would be proved wrong but quite often, first impressions are correct. 

Same with people parking in the parent and child spaces, that don't have a child. Having a 30yo son living in Brisbane doesn't count love! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Count your blessings. I had to go to Peppa Pig world last summer. 

I went the Summer before. It was carnage. Great for kids but how the hell do you explain to an infant they have an hour long wait to get on a ride. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Christ, what are you driving? A full tank in my car is £50 and I could drive from Yorkshire to Devon and back on that. 

I was going to say, he must be driving an 8 litre Cadillac! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

I went the Summer before. It was carnage. Great for kids but how the hell do you explain to an infant they have an hour long wait to get on a ride. 

Thankfully we went when numbers were restricted last August. Can't imagine what it would be like under normal circumstances.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just as annoying is when they slow down and let you out.

It shouldn't be annoying because they're being nice. But by the time it has taken them to slow down, and for you to realise they're letting you out, they could have just driven past and you'd have been able to pull out anyway

That is exactly the reason why I never let people out. 🙂

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Prices for 2 adults, 2 children.

West Midlands Safari Park - £146

Crazy prices, a trip to the safari park, plus some food, drink, fuel is going to be about £200 for a few hours entertainment. 

Are you sure about those prices?

When I last went pre-covid I paid £40 for 2 adults & 2 children with a half price discount. So it would normally be around £80.

This also gives you a free re-entry within the year, so actually it cost us £20 for each visit for a family.  

Lots of people take picnics, there is nice grassy area where everyone is having picnics, so hardly any food cost except for an ice-cream and a cold drink.

We’ve thought it’s such good value, we’ve been there 6 times in the last 4 pre-covid years.

Edited by ender4

Â