Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Blimey , lock down has changed everyone... Friday night , women issues and not one post of advice  of DHUTWU or volleying her in the jaw ...before we know it bicks will start a Beatles appreciation thread 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Blimey , lock down has changed everyone... Friday night , women issues and not one post of advice  of DHUTWU or volleying her in the jaw ...before we know it bicks will start a Beatles appreciation thread 

In my defence, I suggested her dad was going to do him up the wrong ‘un.

That would get me a pass mark at many lesser universities.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

In my defence, I suggested her dad was going to do him up the wrong ‘un.

That would get me a pass mark at many lesser universities.

Ah , missed that ....We obviously have different imaginations when it comes to “weird shit” :) 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 15:24, maqroll said:

I was reading a news article yesterday in which an adult American lawyer was asked to describe their reaction to the Derek Chauvin verdict. They said, "I was just like, wow."

I'm trying to determine when people began speaking like this. Maybe the 80's? But it seems like it everywhere now and my fear is that I myself might occasionally fall into this lazy way of speaking too. 

I must remain vigilant.

It's rather worrying that a legal mind can only come up with that response. 

I wouldn't want him representing me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Oh lads, I'm well and truly in the doghouse. Blankets and pillow thrown on the sofa.

It's now compulsory for you to ask her if a blow job is out of the question. 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A lawyer surprised Chauvin was convicted. There is no way in hell he wasn't being convicted. America would have burned if he was not guilty.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There are an awful lot of rubbish lawyers out there, one of my most pleasureable jobs at work is telling them to bugger off

I'm in the middle of an argument with one right now. It's going along these lines....

Lawyer: Hi can you tell us X

Me: No sorry, that would constitute a data breach. You need to obtain an instrument that legally compels us to provide the information. By the way at no point in our correspondence so far, have you provided enough information for us to even locate X

Lawyer: Please see attached court order.

Me: This court order doesn't apply to us. It compels yourselves to interview a company by this name and then that name, legally we are neither entity. Nothing in the order compels us to do anything, it compels you to do something and we're currently refusing as it places us in legal jeopardy.. You still haven't provided enough information regardless....

Lawyer: Yes we have.

Me: As you don't even appear to understand the use of basic legal instruments, the presumption that you also understand our business is a rather high reaching opinion of yourself, no you haven't

I await the next installment in about three weeks time

Thats the short version obviously

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

A lawyer surprised Chauvin was convicted. There is no way in hell he wasn't being convicted. America would have burned if he was not guilty.

Plus the fact he was filmed committing murder

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know. I can cut teenagers from Encino some slack, but not middle aged attorneys-at-law! 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Plus the fact he was filmed committing murder

Video evidence is not always a sure thing when a cop is on trial. Chauvin's own chief and other police testifying against him was devastating to his defense. Really unusual that it happened. The Blue Wall is normally insurmountable.

Edited by maqroll

9 hours ago, bickster said:

There are an awful lot of rubbish lawyers out there, one of my most pleasureable jobs at work is telling them to bugger off

I'm in the middle of an argument with one right now. It's going along these lines....

Lawyer: Hi can you tell us X

Me: No sorry, that would constitute a data breach. You need to obtain an instrument that legally compels us to provide the information. By the way at no point in our correspondence so far, have you provided enough information for us to even locate X

Lawyer: Please see attached court order.

Me: This court order doesn't apply to us. It compels yourselves to interview a company by this name and then that name, legally we are neither entity. Nothing in the order compels us to do anything, it compels you to do something and we're currently refusing as it places us in legal jeopardy.. You still haven't provided enough information regardless....

Lawyer: Yes we have.

Me: As you don't even appear to understand the use of basic legal instruments, the presumption that you also understand our business is a rather high reaching opinion of yourself, no you haven't

I await the next installment in about three weeks time

Thats the short version obviously

It’s amazing how many lawyers cannot draft an effective order, especially against 3rd parties. Law school doesn’t teach it enough, but mind you would expect common sense to come into to to make sure the order is directed at the person it’s meant to. If they were that confident, there will be an order directing you to attend court to explain your non-compliance. The Judge would pull up the lawyer and say “this isn’t right, do it properly”.

I guarantee as well that lawyer is charging anything between £15-30 per email/letter/phone call plus a few £100 for drafting the ineffective order. Their client won’t bother challenging it though in their bill.

When you need a lawyer, a good one is worth their weight in gold. There are however many, many people who do not have a clue what they are doing. Really pisses me off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Hardly surprising, though, is it?  :)

Of course not. I'm just sour because I have no woman to complain about!

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Â