Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

EDF online chat.  The agent initially quotes me the wrong instructions for submitting meter readings from the smart meter (my bills have been "estimated" for a while which I'm unhappy about).  He said press number 6 on the keypad.  I have no keypad.  I googled it myself - I had to hold the button to get to the options.  I told him and he was like "sure, go and take a look if it is safe".  I managed to get some random "Total App Import" numbers but he said that doesn't sound right.  Well there's no other bloody numbers on the menu that make sense.  He asks me to take a look again.  I come back and I see a message "As we haven't heard from you in a while we are closing this chat".  Morons.  Surely they should have had some proper readings by now given that it is a smart meter.  Methinks I'll be phoning them up on Monday. 

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's a lockdown. I live, with my mrs, at her parents whilst our house is finished. 

I love her, we're happy but it's nice to have a break sometimes. She had planned to go to her sisters tonight, stay there and get up early to go hiking. 

Was wavering on the hiking but was still going to her sisters tonight so I'd planned out an evening alone (can't remember the last time at all) and now she isnt going to her sisters. 

So it went from I'd have an evening and the day alone tomorrow, to this evening alone to no time alone. Also she was supposed to go to her sisters first Wednesday, then Thursday and finally today. None of them happened. 

I can't mention that I was looking forward to some time alone because of the implication, I can't do the plans I wanted to go in full comfort. 

Shit. 

I get this. After 38 years of marriage, I think we've got there. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's a lockdown. I live, with my mrs, at her parents whilst our house is finished. 

I love her, we're happy but it's nice to have a break sometimes. She had planned to go to her sisters tonight, stay there and get up early to go hiking. 

Was wavering on the hiking but was still going to her sisters tonight so I'd planned out an evening alone (can't remember the last time at all) and now she isnt going to her sisters. 

So it went from I'd have an evening and the day alone tomorrow, to this evening alone to no time alone. Also she was supposed to go to her sisters first Wednesday, then Thursday and finally today. None of them happened. 

I can't mention that I was looking forward to some time alone because of the implication, I can't do the plans I wanted to go in full comfort. 

Shit. 

Update. I dared mention that I was looking forward to some alone time and now apparently I'm not being talked to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I dared mention that I was looking forward to some alone time

Oh you'll learn.

Phrases like, "I'll manage because you deserve some time with your sister".  "I know it's important to you...." etc

Do not say "Thats great I need some time to myself anyway" because that is going to set off all the female alarm bells

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Update. I dared mention that I was looking forward to some alone time and now apparently I'm not being talked to. 

Mission accomplished 😎

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shit. 

Yes, I can relate to this. The other day my wife went to get her hair done, kids were at school. Probably the first time I had the house to myself for more than 20 minutes in over a year.

I like to slip upstairs to the spare room for a couple of beers and some Xbox now and again, I think i need it for my sanity. I’d like to do it right now but she’s in a strange mood and I know I’d pay for it, so I’m watching A touch of Frost. 

Having the extra complication of the in-laws in the same house must be difficult.

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh you'll learn.

Phrases like, "I'll manage because you deserve some time with your sister".  "I know it's important to you...." etc

Do not say "Thats great I need some time to myself anyway" because that is going to set off all the female alarm bells

As I inferred a couple of posts back, been through all that "You'd rather be with your mates than me" shit. It's hormones. Post-menopause, we're fine now. May feel like a long wait for you lads, mind. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, I can relate to this. The other day my wife went to get her hair done, kids were at school. Probably the first time I had the house to myself for more than 20 minutes in over a year.

I like to slip upstairs to the spare room for a couple of beers and some Xbox now and again, I think i need it for my sanity. I’d like to do it right now but she’s in a strange mood and I know I’d pay for it, so I’m watching A touch of Frost. 

Having the extra complication of the in-laws in the same house must be difficult.

The thing that frustrates me most is that whilst technically I can do all of the things I'd do on my own, like play some games, have a beer, watch something; I'd always feel that she would want to do something, judge me for playing, judge me for having a beer.

And that's what she'll never understand about wanting that alone time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh you'll learn.

Yep , when the kids were younger Mrs H used to take them to Hungary to stay with her family for a month ...I’d say well of course I’ll really miss you all but it’s important that the kids know their extended family and you need time with your parents . I was the worlds best husband /son in law etc for being so accommodating..

meanwhile I’d go travelling the world with my mates and live on take away in front of the Tv in my underpants .

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yep , when the kids were younger Mrs H used to take them to Hungary to stay with her family for a month ...I’d say well of course I’ll really miss you all but it’s important that the kids know their extended family and you need time with your parents . I was the worlds best husband /son in law etc for being so accommodating..

meanwhile I’d go travelling the world with my mates and live on take away in front of the Tv in my underpants .

And tidy up on the day of the return, in record time, half an hour is plenty, don't want to make it so the house is perfect when they get back, that raises suspicions and even allows for the thought you can help with that pointless shit more. Never do too good a job

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

And tidy up on the day of the return, in record time, half an hour is plenty, don't want to make it so the house is perfect when they get back, that raises suspicions and even allows for the thought you can help with that pointless shit more. Never do too good a job

Put all the beer bottles and cans in the neighbours bin

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shit. 

Dump her

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

Me - what we having for Sunday dinner?

Her - brought a chicken 

Me - but it’s out of date

Her - Is it

Me - Yes

Her - oh, I did check the date on it but not the date of the weekend 

🤦‍♂️

• Haha 4