Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, bickster said:

There are an awful lot of rubbish lawyers out there, one of my most pleasureable jobs at work is telling them to bugger off

I'm in the middle of an argument with one right now. It's going along these lines....

Lawyer: Hi can you tell us X

Me: No sorry, that would constitute a data breach. You need to obtain an instrument that legally compels us to provide the information. By the way at no point in our correspondence so far, have you provided enough information for us to even locate X

Lawyer: Please see attached court order.

Me: This court order doesn't apply to us. It compels yourselves to interview a company by this name and then that name, legally we are neither entity. Nothing in the order compels us to do anything, it compels you to do something and we're currently refusing as it places us in legal jeopardy.. You still haven't provided enough information regardless....

Lawyer: Yes we have.

Me: As you don't even appear to understand the use of basic legal instruments, the presumption that you also understand our business is a rather high reaching opinion of yourself, no you haven't

I await the next installment in about three weeks time

Thats the short version obviously

If you ICO registered he needs to get his client to put on a SAR request in. It can run forever if he doesn’t🤣👍

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If you ICO registered he needs to get his client to put on a SAR request in. It can run forever if he doesn’t🤣👍

Being ICO registered means nothing in this respect. You can't not respond to a SAR because you aren't registered

A SAR is no good in this instance because the data they want does not belong to the data subject who they are representing

Edit: I'll bet you say PIN number as well 😀

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 23:18, Stevo985 said:

I get this too.

My explanation of "If you were watching something on TV and I sat here talking to you and expecting you to have a conversation you'd be livid!" falls on deaf ears

My gf can unfortunately handle that. I can't multi task for shit mind.

She never understands why I get annoyed when she talks to me when I'm busy with something haha.

I completely get Stefan on the alone time though. I think some people are more in need of that than others. I tend to hit the gym/go running every day simply because I need it. Mental reset if you will. 

We've had our arguments about it even if she's the best woman, but personally I can't not prioritise it, as it would make me lose my shit.

The few days I can't work out, I tend to take 40 minutes toilet breaks to get some thinking space.

Think people just are very different on this stuff.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My gf can unfortunately handle that. I can't multi task for shit mind.

She never understands why I get annoyed when she talks to me when I'm busy with something haha.

I completely get Stefan on the alone time though. I think some people are more in need of that than others. I tend to hit the gym/go running every day simply because I need it. Mental reset if you will. 

We've had our arguments about it even if she's the best woman, but personally I can't not prioritise it, as it would make me lose my shit.

The few days I can't work out, I tend to take 40 minutes toilet breaks to get some thinking space.

Think people just are very different on this stuff.

It’s all about spending an hour taking a shit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If your gf is anything like my wife I bet she actually enjoys alone time too. When I travelled for work it gave her the chance to have a girly night and watch rubbish TV, get a takeaway, drink wine, have a bath in peace. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If your gf is anything like my wife I bet she actually enjoys alone time too. When I travelled for work it gave her the chance to have a girly night and watch rubbish TV, get a takeaway, drink wine, have a bath in peace. 

I think my wife prefers being alone to spending time with me! 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think my wife prefers being alone to spending time with me! 😂

I did get that thought myself when I typed it out and said she enjoyed it when I went away. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The problem with doing that is that it charges a woman's need to talk batteries. 

The solution to it all is making sure the girly night involves other women (I know I know, insert KW). They can babble their brains out and have no energy for it when you get home. That's ideal. 

Leaving a woman alone to think with wine and what not, that is a **** recipe of disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

WHY ARE THE POOL BALLS SET UP INCORRECTLY IN YOUR ADVERT. I WAS TEMPTED TO TRY YOUR PRODUCT BUT WILL NOW PROBABLY NOT BOTHER ON THE BASIS IF YOU GET THAT WRONG ANTHING COULD HAPPEN IN YOUR GIN MAKING PROCESS

For some reason it only let you write in capitals, I’m not actually shouting at them as that would be rude

Which balls are wrong? Probably quite an easy fix in post.

Â