Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Doctors and medication side effects really piss me off

I went to the Doctors a few of months ago, with a really itchy rash on the back of my legs right forearm so itchy I would scratch until it bleed, The Dr prescribed creams for eczema. He said we should check your blood pressure Mr Taylor while your here because you are over 60. Oh that's rather high, Take these tablets and come back in a couple of weeks (they may cause your ankles to swell a little and and you may get a hot flush occasionally until your body is used to them) . Two weeks later.... No its still high  you need to take this tablet (this may make you want to wee a little more often than normal)

Went with a rash  now have swollen ankles, hot flushes and cant walk past a bloody toilet and rash as bad as ever. 

Found the cause of the rash PROMISE not to laugh, after a week away from the house, the rash had gone. Turns out when Mrs T was cleaning the windowsill with some form of spray on a rag she decided to wipe down my side of the sofa and arm rest with it. You promised not to laugh. So now the rash (chemical burns) has gone, blood pressure OK but still have the bloody tablet side effects 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

9.36am and I'm done for the day, got nothing else to do at work

Are you still getting paid?

If yes, then getting paid to do nothing isn’t that bad.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah I thought that for a long time when I first moved and still at least once a week try and convince myself of it, I laughed with my wife last night I'm paid like a senior in my position in the UK but I'm given the workload of a trainee, it's weird and has made me lazy in what I do but the stress is non existent (compared to the UK where it felt like they were trying to kill me with stress) 

Its the epitome of shouldn't piss me off - I'm underworked, not undervalued or anything just underworked 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

9.36am and I'm done for the day, got nothing else to do at work

I'm sat here on my day off, answering emails, not because of pressure at work but because... it's something to do before I go for a walk. And I hate it less than cleaning the car or mowing the lawn

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm sat here on my day off, answering emails, not because of pressure at work but because... it's something to do before I go for a walk. And I hate it less than cleaning the car or mowing the lawn

I'm glad that's stopped

In a previous life I've been sat in the internet access parts of airports sending some last minute emails before jetting off on holiday, booking days off to sit at home was a waste of time because I would work, that's gone, refuse to do it now

Only getting 6 emails a day and 2 of them requiring a response helps 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I thought that for a long time when I first moved and still at least once a week try and convince myself of it, I laughed with my wife last night I'm paid like a senior in my position in the UK but I'm given the workload of a trainee, it's weird and has made me lazy in what I do but the stress is non existent (compared to the UK where it felt like they were trying to kill me with stress) 

Its the epitome of shouldn't piss me off - I'm underworked, not undervalued or anything just underworked 

Good points and I agree. 
I did choose the phrase “not that bad” rather than “being paid to do nothing is great” because as you say, it often isn’t.

It ok now and then for a breather but I find myself getting lazier in my work when there is less to do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I quite like cutting the grass, not sure why.

Not a fan of cleaning the car though. Treated myself to a paid car wash at the weekend as the weather looks good for a few days. 

The nice thing about my car, its a lease, and I can’t see the outside of it when I’m driving.

We do have a range style cooker with 2 ovens and about 8 burners, there’s something strangely therapeutic about cleaning that. You could eat you dinner off it.

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm glad that's stopped

In a previous life I've been sat in the internet access parts of airports sending some last minute emails before jetting off on holiday, booking days off to sit at home was a waste of time because I would work, that's gone, refuse to do it now

Only getting 6 emails a day and 2 of them requiring a response helps 😂

There's something quite theraputic in telling people to bugger off by email though. I try to find a new way of saying it every time. Keeps the brain active

Unless its a law firm, when I'm usually just rude on purpose.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Its a bit like excel, has about a million of functions of which most people use about 4.

4?

I can just about work Autosum 

8 hours ago, Genie said:

It can drag though. I rarely have quiet days, but when I do, the day drags like hell. I guess if I lived in a house with a nice garden then it would be easier, but stuck in a flat or in the office, staring at a screen is soul destroying! 

• Like 2

I had a job that literally shouldn't have existed, I just had to be seen sat at the desk, and it was pretty demoralising, until I realised I could be getting paid to train, and apply to other jobs. It was a good 2-3 months of just putting personal projects together that helped me get a 40% payrise in my next job. Good times.

Part of my problem is we have a structure where managers only talk to managers 

I ended up putting a spreadsheet together this afternoon, took me about an hour, tomorrow there will be a board level discussion which will be about 4 hours worth of work discussing my spreadsheet... I won't have anything to do with that, I'll be working from home on the playstation 

I reckon my boss must do somewhere between 50 to 75% of my job, my colleagues have the same issue

Talking about waste of time jobs. When there is a visit I can be found sticking fresh tape on the floor around desks and machines, Then sticking a sign on the floor saying DESK. If this is what they want to pay me to do I will do it,   struggle to get up and down now though

Â