Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I appreciate the booking system for going to the tip is a must, but SEVENTEEN **** DAYS?

And they wonder why people are fly-tipping in huge amounts.

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t even know what the Grammys are for.

Though from Seat’s post, I now guess its for music. My previous guess would have been some sub Oscar / pre Oscar film awards.

The Grammy Award (stylized as GRAMMY, originally called Gramophone Award), or just Grammy, is an award presented by the Recording Academy to recognize achievement in the music industry. The trophy depicts a gilded gramophone. 

Wiki

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I appreciate the booking system for going to the tip is a must, but SEVENTEEN **** DAYS?

Because some yeti keeps chasing them away from their usual spot in the Hood

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I booked near me on Thursday for Sunday morning.

If you’re near Lichfield I believe you don’t need to book for that one. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t even know what the Grammys are for.

Though from Seat’s post, I now guess its for music. My previous guess would have been some sub Oscar / pre Oscar film awards.

You're thinking of the BAFTAs (I get them confused as well).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Or the Golden Globe Awards. On which note, @rjw63 (among others) will appreciate the lyrics to this: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The discussion in this thread about IT reminds me of when I worked for my old company, I had to do some business partnering with Engineering, which essentially meant I kind of worked for one of the senior managers in Engineering. He was an absolute word removed, and remains the biggest word removed I've ever encountered at work. I don't consider myself a particularly vindictive person but one year he slipped over on his drive in the snow and broke his leg and I'm not sure I've ever been so happy. He was a horrible piece of work.

Anyway, one of the incidents that cemented this opinion of him was I sat near him so could over hear his phone calls.

We switched form outlook to GMail one year which was obviously a pretty major overhaul so some teething problems are expected. Anyway this guy was annoyed because he couldn't copy and paste an excel extract into an email on GMail like you could on Outlook (I mean you could, he was just doing it wrong). So he called the IT Helpdesk and he went absolutely mental at the poor guy working on the helpdesk. He had a massive rant about how shit GMail was and it was pointless us changing and it had cost loads of money and had taken us backwards etc etc. Literally he was enraged.

Like the poor guy on the other end of the phone had personally made the decision to move the entire company from one email service to another. **** idiot.

Anyway predictably after the rant the guy on the other end fixed the non issue in about 10 seconds.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No idea what that means, but all we need is someone that's responsive, flexible and gets shits done when asked.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I won an award once. One that I hadn’t realised existed and so I presumed it was a wind up within the office as the project had been such a ball ache.

One of those things that you start off as a favour out of goodwill, after all, how difficult can it be.... and a month later you’re still working on it.

’Best Disability Access Ramp’, there was a ceremony and everything, people sat at tables of ten, dramatic lighting as winners were announced. I can tell you now, it’s not easy to give a speech about a 3 metre long concrete ramp and sound both happy and humble.

I still have a brass plaque, it now lives in my garage.

• Like 1

Â