Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Reading the New Music 2021 thread and not knowing a single band/artist being posted. 

You realise that's because it's like NEW! New releases by established artists don't tend to get posted in there

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I hear you. Its not a thread for us normal people. 

There is nothing normal about listening to some cowboy expressing his extreme love for a horse

• Haha 4

Just now, bickster said:

You realise that's because it's like NEW! New releases by established artists don't tend to get posted in there

There is nothing normal about listening to some cowboy expressing his extreme love for a horse

****. I was just about to post what I am listening to and it was the horse loving one, but not far off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/03/2021 at 08:30, mjmooney said:

When I was playing for our work team, we were short of a goalie for an upcoming game. One of the lads in my office volunteered, but forgot to bring his kit on the day of the match. He played anyway - in three piece suit, tie and smart shoes. With his tightly-rolled umbrella propped in the back of the goal. He played a blinder, and we won. Absolute legend. 

Sounds like he made some smart saves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On the parking theme, people that insist on reversing into spaces. 

I get it if it's a really tight car park but some people seem to do it regardless (and often badly) even when there is tons of room to just reverse out.  

I've missed many trains before due to some knob taking 3 or 4 goes at reversing into a space at train stations. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I get it if it's a really tight car park but some people seem to do it regardless (and often badly) even when there is tons of room to just reverse out.  

I've missed many trains before due to some knob taking 3 or 4 goes at reversing into a space at train stations. 

People park badly going forwards or backwards - that would be my gripe more than anyone who reverse parks. 

parking at an angle and over two spaces is a clearing in the woods trick if ever there was one though! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You know those car parks where the spaces are angled so you drive straight in and reverse straight out at ease, generally with a one way system in place. Reverse parking in those makes my head explode.

Just now, bickster said:

You know those car parks where the spaces are angled so you drive straight in and reverse straight out at ease, generally with a one way system in place. Reverse parking in those makes my head explode.

Now I agree with that one! 

Just now, bickster said:

Well stop trying to do it then!   Durr.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh my god this. WHY HERE? 

Its herd mentality I think. I see it at the train station car park next to me. People seem to be more comfortable parking by other cars. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I always reverse into spaces. Makes it easier to exit and it means I have a better view of any threats (car jackers etc) that may be watching me. May sound extreme but something my Dad has always told me. Another one is when i'm driving I always know how long the car behind me has been there. 

My dad does this, parking up next to an already parked car. Drives me crazy (pun not intended). For those who know it and want a visual, he mostly does this at the Abbey foregate car park in Shrewsbury. He’s offered an explanation to the effect that if he parks up next to a parked car, it means there probably won’t be some other car parking up next to him who may park too close or something. My views on the flaws of this notion have been made known to him.

However, when going to a supermarket he’ll inexplicably park the furthest away from the store where there are fewer cars and not park next to one when possible. Again, the inconsistency in this approach has been made known to him but I don’t think it’s under review.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

However, when going to a supermarket he’ll inexplicably park the furthest away from the store where there are fewer cars

This leads me onto a big piss off factor. People that park in the first space at the end of a long row and make it much harder to turn into that row, especially when there is a car trying to turn out of that row.

I’ve explained it badly, but it really pisses me off.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Its herd mentality I think. I see it at the train station car park next to me. People seem to be more comfortable parking by other cars. 

I always reverse into spaces. Makes it easier to exit and it means I have a better view of any threats (car jackers etc) that may be watching me. May sound extreme but something my Dad has always told me. Another one is when i'm driving I always know how long the car behind me has been there. 

Was your dad called James? 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was your dad called James? 

He didn't drive an Aston Martin. 

It was a bottle green Morris Marina estate.

This is fine

A popular Polish writer and journalist could face up to three years in prison for calling President Andrzej Duda a "moron" in a Facebook post in November.

Jakub Zulczyk accused Mr Duda of failing to understand the US electoral process in a tweet to Joe Biden.

Mr Duda's tweet stopped short of recognising his victory, pending Electoral College confirmation, but hailed his "successful campaign".

Poland has made it a crime to insult state leaders and religion.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56491949

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Poland is really showing on a few different fronts that its old repressive habits die hard. You'd nearly wonder if the most recent generation of relative progression was actually extremely uncomfortable for the majority of the population.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Poland is really showing on a few different fronts that its old repressive habits die hard. You'd nearly wonder if the most recent generation of relative progression was actually extremely uncomfortable for the majority of the population.

The younger generations in Poland are the most progressive generation in Poland ever probably. Then to counter that, you have a large % of hard right twenty-somethings who play into PiS's (who have mostly older support) hands.

it's a real mess here, honestly.

Â