Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's true. We'd much rather people booked online or via IVR or Voice recognition. Not only are automated bookings cheaper than calls answered by the call centre staff, I was looking at the number of bookings not picked up and those entered by call centre staff have by far, the worst rate of No Shows by customers. Call Centre staff account for 40% of bookings, automated processes the rest. the call centre No Show rate is currently approx 4% The Automated processes come in at about 2.5%, one method is consistently lower than 1%. The only non human method that rivals the staff in No Shows is our original App (it has bugs) which I'm trying to persuade the board of directors needs turning off

It's so much cheaper as well. Voice agents can deal with one call at a time. A user can deal with multiple enquiries from the omni channel.

With automated processes and now AI the cost of running your contact centre reduces drastically.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The way the right wing can just say someone is being 'woke' when bollocks is called out for being bollocks.

Displays a quite incredible lack of critical thinking. 

Same applies to the right's outrage over "Cancel Culture."   They consider calling out someone's bollocks as trying to "cancel" them.

Kelly Loeffler wasn't cancelled.  She was rightfully called out for tolerating (if not worse) white supremacists.   But she's still a filthy rich senator who owns an WNBA team.   Hardly cancelled.   Dr. Seuss wasn't canelled.   The publisher of his books allowed a few titles to go out of print because the contained racist tropes and a group decided not to link a reading campaign specifically to him.   His books aren't censored and nobody has said not to read them.   But apparently the left has tried to cancel him, which is to Fox News and other more important to kvetch about than passing COVID relief.

Harvey Weinstein was cancelled, and rightfully so.   Al Franken was cancelled, less rightfully so.  They were completely removed from the picture, with virtually no power or earning power remaining.

On 14/03/2021 at 13:48, mjmooney said:

To be fair, there are loads of smaller place names in Britain that have odd local pronunciations that people from other parts of the country routinely get wrong. Here in Yorkshire for example, I've heard Keighley pronounced ' Keely' by southerners (it's 'Keethly' btw). 'Slaithwaite' is pronounced 'Slowit', and so on. 

Completely agree. I live just outside Keighley and it took about 5 years for my family down South to stop saying 'Keeley'. But it goes both ways as there's villages in North Devon that Northerners struggle to get right. Bideford is Bi-de-ford and not Bi-de-ford and Clovelly is Clo-ve-ly not Clov-ely. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Unfortunately an old friend of mine has just become a very evangelical vegan. He now lives in northern Scotland, so my only communication with him is via Facebook, and I'd hate to totally lose contact. But I've had to 'pause' his posts for a month, in the hope he gets off the soapbox, because it was getting very tiresome. 

Will he only eat free range haggis? 

They're so much happier when they can run free. 

haggis.jpg

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Now AI and bots are in the market you're going to find it harder and harder to talk to people in the future.

I would be fine with that if they could actually sort out my **** problem. 

• Like 1

So I entered the wrong pin code on my phone 3 times cause I couldn't remember for some reason. No idea why. Just too much stuff to remember at the moment and it slipped.

What annoys me is that the PIECE OF SHIT LOCKS ITSELF AND WANTS ANOTEHR **** CODE. IN 2021. This is the best **** system they got. Absolutely **** stupid system. Suck my balls.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So I entered the wrong pin code on my phone 3 times cause I couldn't remember for some reason. No idea why. Just too much stuff to remember at the moment and it slipped.

What annoys me is that the PIECE OF SHIT LOCKS ITSELF AND WANTS ANOTEHR **** CODE. IN 2021. This is the best **** system they got. Absolutely **** stupid system. Suck my balls.

I had a disaster at Christmas.

Both children had new phones, which I’d gone to the trouble of setting up in advance with all their apps, accounts etc including screen lock pins. I’d also set my fingerprint to unlock them.

Christmas day comes along and they can’t unlock them because I’ve forgotten which pin I set. The other problem is, after a restart they insist on the pin for the first unlock. My fingerprint is no good. Apple being Apple after a few wrong attempts it locks for about 5 minutes, then 10, then an hour.

The wife was furious with me.

Had to reset them both via iTunes and start from scratch. 
Not the greatest Christmas morning of my life.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well yes. I'm sitting here with 4 clients, two major reports, phone asks for an update so I update it while going to lunch. Come back and the thing locks itself after 3 missed pin codes. I contact my IT department and they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. So now my hopes of getting shit done today is about zero. And to add to the flavour my IT department just said they will try to help if I spend 15 minutes registering the issue in their service bollocks software. I swear these idiots make me rage. Their salary is basically from the projects we do, yet they show nada effort to help us out when needed. A **** service portal when I need immediate assistance. **** off you wankstains and **** off some more.

• Haha 1

When you are in a public place(Restaurant,store,etc) and someone has their phone volume so damn high you can hear their whole conversation.

That's great that Kurt has no more kidney stones or that your child's teacher is a stupid cow.

I don't give a ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well yes. I'm sitting here with 4 clients, two major reports, phone asks for an update so I update it while going to lunch. Come back and the thing locks itself after 3 missed pin codes. I contact my IT department and they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. So now my hopes of getting shit done today is about zero. And to add to the flavour my IT department just said they will try to help if I spend 15 minutes registering the issue in their service bollocks software. I swear these idiots make me rage. Their salary is basically from the projects we do, yet they show nada effort to help us out when needed. A **** service portal when I need immediate assistance. **** off you wankstains and **** off some more.

This reminds me of all the people who go ape on the phones at our telephonists because THEY left something behind in a taxi

That IT Dept is what enables you to do any work at all

• Like 4

Last August we went to a Haven park for 3 nights over my lads Birthday. We had a basic caravan and it was £329 for the weekend.

Just looked for the same thing this August and it’s over £600, for 3 nights, self catering. If you want a better spec it’s even higher.

If you wanted to go mad and book 7 nights it starts at £1,188 and goes up to £1,700 for a newer higher spec caravan.

It will genuinely be cheaper to go to Spain, Canaries, Portugal or wherever is open. 

Just had to pick my youngest up from the park. He says he wants a new bike, a different bike to the one he went out on tonight. What does he do to ensure (in his mind) he gets one?

1. Brings it home cleans it and sells it before getting a new one 

2. Ask dad to have a look at it and if it’s knackered throw it away and start saving for a new one?

3. Throw it in the middle of the local canal then phone to be picked up as can not be arsed to walk home. 

Edited by Follyfoot

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just had to pick my youngest up from the park. He says he wants a new bike, a different bike to the one he went out on tonight. What does he do to ensure (in his mind) he gets one?

1. Brings it home cleans it and sells it before getting a new one 

2. Ask dad to have a look at it and if it’s knackered throw it away and start saving for a new one?

3. Throw it in the middle of the local canal then phone to be picked up as can not be arsed to walk home. 

I assume it's 1 or 2 since we all know your kids were raised to know the value of money and working hard to achieve something.😉

• Haha 4

Â