Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Want to get my little girl an England shirt for her birthday ready for the euros

They haven't got grealish or Watkins or mings

They have gor Danny Rose, maddison, Wilson whoever that is, Joe gomez, dele and barkley

I'm surprised to see that they have a deal with fanatics... 

I’m going to display my ignorance on buying football shirts for all to see....

They sell shirts with the names on, but don’t offer a service to buy a “blank” shirt on which you could add a name of your choice?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m going to display my ignorance on buying football shirts for all to see....

They sell shirts with the names on, but don’t offer a service to buy a “blank” shirt on which you could add a name of your choice?

Yes they do! 

If you purchase the plain one it comes up as an option after 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Footballers who wear their socks over their knees and spend half the game stooping over to pull them back up when they slip. 

Footballers wearing gloves in late March.

On 19/03/2021 at 13:03, stuart_75 said:

This is standard practice in my sector (Telecoms). I've seen several hundred grand wasted rather than hand it back to the shareholders at the end of the year. Lunacy at its finest.

I think this happens everywhere. It definitely happens at my place and happened at my last place too.

The thing that senior directors and people who decide these budgets don't seem to understand is one year doesn't define another. Just because you managed one year on a budget doesn't mean you can manage the next year. 

In my first role at my current company I tracked cost savings that Supply Chain made. Every year the target went up and every year the amount of savings we could get fell. Most of the savings were made by transferring parts we made to low cost suppliers (mostly in asia).
But obviously the problem with that is there's only so many parts you can move. Once you've moved all the parts we make the savings dry up.
But they wouldn't hear it. Every year we'd spend the whole year saying we're going to struggle to hit our target and savings would be much less the next year and they'd nod along and say they'd understand. but at the end of the year they'd say "Well you managed $x million this year so next year you need to get x+3"

We finally missed the target by absolutely miles and they seemed really surprised!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think this happens everywhere. It definitely happens at my place and happened at my last place too.

The thing that senior directors and people who decide these budgets don't seem to understand is one year doesn't define another. Just because you managed one year on a budget doesn't mean you can manage the next year. 

In my first role at my current company I tracked cost savings that Supply Chain made. Every year the target went up and every year the amount of savings we could get fell. Most of the savings were made by transferring parts we made to low cost suppliers (mostly in asia).
But obviously the problem with that is there's only so many parts you can move. Once you've moved all the parts we make the savings dry up.
But they wouldn't hear it. Every year we'd spend the whole year saying we're going to struggle to hit our target and savings would be much less the next year and they'd nod along and say they'd understand. but at the end of the year they'd say "Well you managed $x million this year so next year you need to get x+3"

We finally missed the target by absolutely miles and they seemed really surprised!

Or worse still, to hit the target they agree to move something complex and high tech to a supplier who really aren’t capable.

Then you spend even more on quality issues and problems launching the resourced part. I’ve been there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Or worse still, to hit the target they agree to move something complex and high tech to a supplier who really aren’t capable.

Then you spend even more on quality issues and problems launching the resourced part. I’ve been there.

Yeah that's an issue, especially in aerospace as the quality standards are so high for understandable reasons.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I would wear a coat and brogues. 

When I was playing for our work team, we were short of a goalie for an upcoming game. One of the lads in my office volunteered, but forgot to bring his kit on the day of the match. He played anyway - in three piece suit, tie and smart shoes. With his tightly-rolled umbrella propped in the back of the goal. He played a blinder, and we won. Absolute legend. 

• Like 4

Just now, brommy said:

Or so, upon returning to your car, you can clearly read their vegan car stickers.

First time quoting myself, but it has just occurred to me how amusing it would be if the sticker glue wasn’t vegan.

Â