Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife has colitis, I have IBS. We have just moved into our first house with more than one toilet. 

For the first time since I was 8, I'm now in a house with only one toilet. I should probably start planning how we can extend to include downstairs toilet before my 3&8 year old girls are both in their teens. A few weeks in and it is taking some getting some used to.

• Like 1

I liked the Irish road sign system a few years back. 

Some signs were in miles, some in kilometres, none mentioned what unit they were in.

Would that still be the same now? Not been for a while, but I used to enjoy looking at the sign for Fethard On Sea and it was 40 away, then the next sign would say it was 45 away, and I would think, ‘ah, getting closer now’.

• Haha 1

On 16/02/2021 at 23:15, Chindie said:

More on topic.

Lunchtime meetings.

Loneliness.

Complete lack of fulfillment in life.

Never feeling comfortable with anything.

Willful self destructiveness.

Feeling stuck.

Ooft, this feels so close to home that I could charge you rent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Some signs were in miles, some in kilometres, none mentioned what unit they were in.

Would that still be the same now? Not been for a while, but I used to enjoy looking at the sign for Fethard On Sea and it was 40 away, then the next sign would say it was 45 away, and I would think, ‘ah, getting closer now’.

Everything is in km now over there, at least in my experience.

Actually there's probably some smaller road signs that have been there for ages on back roads and that that are in miles, but all the proper signs on main roads are km

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You probably could find some really really remote road signs that are still miles only, but they're almost just decoration now and have been replaced by the more modern stuff. We can identify those ones because they're a certain style of road sign and typeface. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2021 at 22:31, Seat68 said:

Its an absolute word removed. Had it from 12 and I was 45 before I knew all the things that caused me pain etc. Now I have it under control but I could easily go to a cupboard and be within 2 hours of pain and shitting through the eye of a needle. 

Have to say after being stuck eating mushroom's for a family dinner yesterday, that is amazingly accurate. 

Should probably clarify it was a mushroom sauce. We're not a bunch of heathens getting tonked on mushroom's. Well at least not with our families. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

You probably could find some really really remote road signs that are still miles only, but they're almost just decoration now and have been replaced by the more modern stuff. We can identify those ones because they're a certain style of road sign and typeface. 

I like the fact that the signs are also "as gaelige" too

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

They usually have km written on them don't they? I assume as a carry over from when things were changing so it needed clarity

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Equally, I reckon most people think of a marathon as just over 26 miles. I don’t think they equate it to around 42 km.

Imperial for distance running. If I want to know how far it is between A and B, I’d like the answer in miles ideally.

My height is in imperial. As is my weight. I’ll drink a pint. I like that Martinez has a strong command of his six yard box. I like that the Doc and Marty have to get the delorean to 88mph. I like that I can now get into 30inch waist jeans.

However, if I’m measuring a room or something it’s metres. 

A typical mixture of metric and imperial.

I was nodding and agreeing all the way up to the bold bit. Then I changed to this.

jealous GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was nodding and agreeing all the way up to the bold bit. Then I changed to this.

jealous GIF

:D Unfortunately doesn’t mean I have a 30 inch waist. 

Finding out, relatively recently, about “vanity sizing” was a bit of an eye opener for me.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They usually have km written on them don't they? I assume as a carry over from when things were changing so it needed clarity

Not all. The properly old ones are miles only but as I say 99.9% of those are gone now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is what I mean

ia-ireland-art3-mutchler-1460078822.png

Anything with a distance has "km" written on it

Yeah those do, but there's older ones than those. As I say, they're archaic now and almost all gone. 

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Equally, I reckon most people think of a marathon as just over 26 miles. I don’t think they equate it to around 42 km.

Imperial for distance running. If I want to know how far it is between A and B, I’d like the answer in miles ideally.

My height is in imperial. As is my weight. I’ll drink a pint. I like that Martinez has a strong command of his six yard box. I like that the Doc and Marty have to get the delorean to 88mph. I like that I can now get into 30inch waist jeans.

However, if I’m measuring a room or something it’s metres. 

A typical mixture of metric and imperial.

Show off!

• Haha 1

Â