Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, Genie said:

Completely valid thing to be pissed off about.

One thing that pisses me of a similar ilk near me is where people park on the road outside their house but leave space on their drive. A lot of the houses have a double tandem style drive. They have 1 car on the drive and stick the other on the road outside their house for everyone to have to drive round.

Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. When we had the allotment I used to park on the street, in a large 'turning area' at the end of a cul de sac. One day, a woman came out of her house (which had a huge driveway) and started ranting at me that I had no right to park there as I wasn't a resident. I asked her to point out the yellow lines or 'private property' signs. There were none. It was a public highway, there was stacks of room (no other cars parked there), I wasn't blocking any entrances or rights of way, so I politely (OK, maybe not all that politely) told her to mind her own business. 

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’m a London based troll. you know what, the non-capitalisation in my posts at the start of a sentence is because I exclusively post from my phone where I turned off auto-caps to make my blunt communication style seem softer in text messages. I sporadically remember to capitalise ‘I’ and will always capitalise proper nouns. it just seems so second nature to me while typing on my phone now I don’t even notice it. sorry.

IRL i have impecible spellings and grammer;

edit; shouldn’t your username be MJMooney? 🧐

Yeah but where do you stand on public transport?

*runs away*

Disclaimer: I know there's an obvious reply

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. When we had the allotment I used to park on the street, in a large 'turning area' at the end of a cul de sac. One day, a woman came out of her house (which had a huge driveway) and started ranting at me that I had no right to park there as I wasn't a resident. I asked her to point out the yellow lines or 'private property' signs. There were none. It was a public highway, there was stacks of room (no other cars parked there), I wasn't blocking any entrances or rights of way, so I politely (OK, maybe not all that politely) told her to mind her own business. 

We’ve had this near us too.

There is a turning area but a guy seems to think it’s an extension of his driveway and leaves his work van in it for long periods (weeks sometimes). He can easily fit it on his big drive but doesn’t.

It’s a bit different to your situation as you’re clearly not using it long term. The problem by us was that it was causing the bin men and other big vehicles a problem trying to turn around at the end of the road. One time an old boy had a delivery from Wickes but they wouldn’t go all the way to the end of the road as they were worried they’d not be able to turn the truck around so he had to drag his flat packed furniture up the road (he didn’t on his own in the end as I helped).

His Mrs then left a grumpy message on this guys car which he continues to ignore to this day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve got back to back shitty meetings until lunch. Then a 4 hour training on variation and capability. Kill me now. Didn’t Fridays used to be easy days?

Work used to be easier!

They certainly wring as much work out of people that they can nowadays. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For £500 you can have a poorly seasoned poorly cooked 16oz strip of gold coated wagyu beef hacked at with a machete and dangled in to your gob

Get in the **** sea with that nonsense 

Thick footballers and 'reality stars' lap up that shite. 

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's all a bit in jest. But I still think it's odd you keep at it. It's like it's out of pure stubborness. It's kind of French tbh. Sticking with something that's unliked, impractical etc. simply because it's been your way of doing it. 

I think its only the US and UK (plus some of their outposts) that use miles on their cars odometer. One drives on the left and one on the right

Everyone else is kms. 

Wordsmith Kanye West-

“Our love story is like a love story for the ages. I felt like when we first got together it was like a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing, where it’s like she’s a reality star and I’m a rapper.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Wordsmith Kanye West-

“Our love story is like a love story for the ages. I felt like when we first got together it was like a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing, where it’s like she’s a reality star and I’m a rapper.”

Poetry. 🤦‍♂️

People that get right on my bumper on the interstate because not going fast enough for them.Already doing ten over the speed limit,not getting a speeding ticket just to please you.

Get in the left lane and **** off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That the news outlets deem the marital status of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West is sufficiently important enough for me to be informed of.

I get that he could have been President, but still....

In a very similar vein, that some rich woman who is 9000th in line to the throne has had a baby, has decided its name and wants to show us a photo

• Like 1

On 16/02/2021 at 13:58, Stevo985 said:

You should know by now that anything that looks remotely good or fashionable will be rejected by the middle aged VT fashion police

Well **** off to Instagram then and take your callow youth lily white trainers with you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That the news outlets deem the marital status of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West is sufficiently important enough for me to be informed of.

I get that he could have been President, but still....

My news app pinged it up as headline alert on my phone when I was watching “The boys” last night , which was kinda appropriate as it had me  swearing like Billy Butcher at the phone , the cat and the wall venting my displeasure at the media 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

My next door neighbour’s van, well two vans to be precise. I live on a street with no permanent parking, it’s a free for all and I accept that I have no entitlement to park outside my house. That’s fine, and I don’t mind the walk up the road with bags of shopping when I can’t park closer. What I do object to is that every time either me or the missus go out, the bloke next door rushes out to move his vans around and takes the space we were occupying. He does it all the time, I’ll nip out for something then return to see he’s parked his van outside my house. He’ll even go as far as parking one van so it takes up two spaces, then rings his missus when he’s nearly home so she can go out and move it so he can get both in. 

It’s really petty shit, and it pisses me off that something like this pisses me off. Think I should just tell him to piss off next time. 

Surely this is what keys were invented for? 

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Completely valid thing to be pissed off about.

One thing that pisses me of a similar ilk near me is where people park on the road outside their house but leave space on their drive. A lot of the houses have a double tandem style drive. They have 1 car on the drive and stick the other on the road outside their house for everyone to have to drive round.

I live in a crescent which has a close off it located right on the bend of the crescent forming a kind of T Junction. Someone in the close owns 2 large white box vans.  He always parks them in the road on the bend by the close creating a narrow corridor where you have to drive on the wrong side of the road on a blind bend. 

He never parks them on his (large) drive.  He could easily park at least one on there with a couple of cars but I assume he doesn't want them outside his house. 

Of course they are outside the houses of people on the crescent and creating this dangerous obstacle. 

Also because its a narrow road big vehicles like the bin lorries have to mount the grass verge to get around them so the verge is a right mess. 

As a separate annoyance the close has the same name as the crescent so I am constantly getting post and deliveries meant for my house humber in the close.  I usually walk them round pretty promptly, but once the guy from the close came round asking if I had his delivery and being a bit arsy about it.   I was like **** off mate, like I am at your beck and call to take your stuff around the second it arrives. 

Last time I took something round he had a BCFC flag in the front window so I'm basically keeping the garden incinerator primed now for future deliveries. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Big Salad said:

People that get right on my bumper on the interstate because not going fast enough for them.Already doing ten over the speed limit,not getting a speeding ticket just to please you.

Get in the left lane and **** off

I didn't know Jack Grealish had moved to South Carolina. 

Â