Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The annual suicide rate for men in the UK is enough to man the squad of every Premier League club ten times.

In other words, for every single professional contract signed for that year in the top tier, ten men take their own lives.

It pisses me off because more can be done to save lives and help these people find their worth and explore their talents.

Less tragedy, more triumph.

Cracking post mate.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The annual suicide rate for men in the UK is enough to man the squad of every Premier League club ten times.

In other words, for every single professional contract signed for that year in the top tier, ten men take their own lives.

It pisses me off because more can be done to save lives and help these people find their worth and explore their talents.

Less tragedy, more triumph.

Just to add to this though, the money in football nowadays has gradually started to piss me off, that's before we touch on players wages!

'xx player completes £110m switch to PSG'  or as little as £20m for a championship player...

Any one of those transfers and all those ones that also take place in between could easily go a very long way into taking the homeless off the street and allow more funding for men's mental health etc. 

For example: What Alexis Sanchez earns in one weeks wages would set me up for life, or even tonight reading on the BBC gossip page: 

Manchester United are prepared to offer their Spanish goalkeeper David de Gea a contract worth £85m which will see the 28-year-old earn £350,000 a week.

£350,000 for standing on a field for an hour and a half every week - most of the time bored shitless or trying to keep warm!  C'mon man!

It's just ridiculous and yet we have people failing to make ends meet on a weekly or even daily basis and alot of the people in this country are one failed pay check away from falling into the shit.

It's alarming all round.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just to add to this though, the money in football nowadays has gradually started to piss me off, that's before we touch on players wages!

'xx player completes £110m switch to PSG'  or as little as £20m for a championship player...

Any one of those transfers and all those ones that also take place in between could easily go a very long way into taking the homeless off the street and allow more funding for men's mental health etc. 

For example: What Alexis Sanchez earns in one weeks wages would set me up for life.

It is just getting stupid and yet we have people failing to make ends meet on a weekly or even daily basis and alot of the  people in this country are one failed pay check away from falling into the shit.

It's alarming all round.

The rich don't work for money, money works for them. Financial engineering.

Multi billion dollar corporations pay 1% tax on their income, where hard worker on 80k annually pays 30% tax on his.

The alarm is only compounded when those who are failing to make ends meet go to the football for some respite, only to be swamped by the call of gambling companies.

As if taxes to fund the military industry and the interest rates paid to the bankers weren't enough to ensure that the average person will tread water economically for life.

Working long and hard as well as remaining disciplined to own a 600 square meter block of land to call home by the time you retire.

"Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws" is an adage of the Rothschild family apparently.

Whether they actually ever made that a personal motto of their family and enterprise, I don't know and can't prove or vouch for. But I see why one would believe it to be so.

There's been some housing for the homeless built by a football club here in Australia. That actually has been successful in providing stable accommodation for some.

Glad to know that Villa has supported hospice care through Acorns. Apparently we covered daily running costs for nearly a year.

More community initiatives need to take place though.

• Like 3

Say for instance, For every player signed by a UK Football club of £10m or more, (regardless what team in the world they are signing from) 10% of that transfer fee, or even a round £1m figure each time? should be donated to mental health or/& homeless prevention causes buy the team spending the money.

Any UK football team that sells a player of £10m or more (again, regardless what team in the world they're sold to) the same rules apply. 10% or £1m of that transfer fee goes to MH & HP causes.

Are my donation figures too high even with todays transfer market prices taken into consideration, I'm not sure but it's just my 2 cents of a suggestion overall on a matter that is getting out of control on both ends of the scale.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I disagree. Why should the Premier League do that, the link is just an arbitrary figure and no link at all. Avilan could have picked any measurement but for some reason chose Premier League. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I disagree. Why should the Premier League do that, the link is just an arbitrary figure and no link at all. Avilan could have picked any measurement but for some reason chose Premier League. 

I am not saying they 'should'. It's a mere thinking out loud suggestion.

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Say for instance, For every player signed by a UK Football club of £10m or more, (regardless what team in the world they are signing from) 10% of that transfer fee, or even a round £1m figure each time? should be donated to mental health or/& homeless prevention causes buy the team spending the money.

Any UK football team that sells a player of £10m or more (again, regardless what team in the world they're sold to) the same rules apply. 10% or £1m of that transfer fee goes to MH & HP causes.

Are my donation figures too high even with todays transfer market prices taken into consideration, I'm not sure but it's just my 2 cents of a suggestion overall on a matter that is getting out of control on both ends of the scale.

Keep thinking about it AvfcRigo82. One day it may manifest.

When I did my fundraiser for the homeless, my pitch was that $5 from every Australian would be enough to go along way, for some time, toward housing these people.

I also told my audience that a survey done by the organisation that I volunteered for found over 70% of responses from homeless people reported early childhood sexual abuse.

$5 out of your pocket to build significant accommodation for people in need of support. I got more likes on facebook than I did donations, I raised a few hundred.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You know it's not actually all that arbitrary, unless I misconstrue your meaning. There is a correlation between economic position and the biology that makes us what we are.

But don't rock the boat or question the system. Who are you to do such a thing?! Respect authority if you know what's good for you!!

We really do live in a society institutionalised by right wing, conservative, 'traditional thinking' dogma and ideology.

LeBron James will forever be one of the greats because he took his talent and said you know what, I'll pledge 105 million specifically to get at-risk children educated.

You still get your football matches even if they did take some money out of the game and put it back into the community. Which is what sport is all about. Community.

If it was funny it might be ironic that we celebrate modern footballers like they are gladiators in the coliseum. They are spoilt rotten in society.

Muhammad Ali, another one of the greats, the real reason he was champion was his mind and stance against the inequities of so called 'free' and 'just' institutions.

On 18/06/2019 at 19:59, chrisp65 said:

Merge in turn.

Don't queue for a mile then get pissy because other people understand how merging at lane closures works.

Just be calm let one in, then take your turn and we all get home safe and as quickly as possible. Waiting an extra 20 minutes and then being all passive aggressive playing dare with your front wing is a dick move.

Best memory I have about driving round New Zealand a few years back was the 'Merge in Turn' signs everywhere and the fact that everyone just did it as a matter of course.

On 02/07/2019 at 16:57, Jimzk5 said:

When did it become normal for the word dropped to be used instead of released be a thing

"Ed sheeran dropped his new single" 

It would be even better if he dropped his guitar. 

• Haha 3

This absolutely should piss me off.

I have a CO alarm in my rented flat. It goes off nearly every time I use the oven. I spoke with my landlord/lady who apparently sent a guy to the flat and said there's no issue. I could be killed and they wouldn't do a thing.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"Rodders, could you please just check this."

"One second mate, just CLEARLY trying to concentrate on this thing I am doing."

"It's just that...."

**** off mate.

Worst doctor in the world .

• Haha 3

Â