Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, bickster said:

Do you have a chain of theme pubs called Peaky Blinders yet?

Thought not, we win

I think there is a couple at least. One in Dale End and one at the NEC

I'm sure there was another one as well, or at least rumoured. 

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think there is a couple at least. One in Dale End and one at the NEC

I'm sure there was another one as well, or at least rumoured. 

Unlucky, I think they started up here in Southport, then St Helens then Liverpool.

On 19/07/2019 at 08:08, Stevo985 said:

I did it once on a stag do. 

Talking of stag do / dressing up

Flew to Budapest last night and there was a stag do on our plane ... seems the blokes decided on dressing up as spice girls 

no matter how close a mate  , id have faked my own death to get out of that one  ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Talking of stag do / dressing up

Flew to Budapest last night and there was a stag do on our plane ... seems the blokes decided on dressing up as spice girls 

no matter how close a mate  , id have faked my own death to get out of that one  ... 

Never meet your heroes, never dress as them either

• Haha 1

I had THAT dream again. The one where I'm at school, the exams are starting, and I haven't done ANY revision. 

I'm 65, FFS. I left school nearly fifty years ago. And still I get that dream. It's horrible. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I had THAT dream again. The one where I'm at school, the exams are starting, and I haven't done ANY revision. 

If this was only a dream I'd have much better qualifications

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm 65, FFS. I left school nearly fifty years ago. And still I get that dream. It's horrible. 

I get that one too, but more recently I've been having dreams involving waves, from small ones that suddenly wash right up the beach ruining my trousers to full on tsunamis.  I half expect myself to wake up in a pool of piss but I don't.  Dreams are weird, I wonder if they serve any evolutionary purpose.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Lots of people report having that exam panic dream, but I wonder: do people who actually revised diligently before their real life exams also experience it? Because in my case, it's pretty close to reality - I always skived and did the bare miniumum to get by, and ended up cursing myself before every exam. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My dreams always involve me a desert Island and the Swedish tanning team

**** getting to 65 if this is what my dreams are gonna turn into 

I found exams easy tbh, especially by the time I got to uni, good memory and selective on the questions, nail the ones you know then try and use the rest of the time to blag the ones you don't, even better if it's selective which ones you can answer

Coursework I mostly found boring and procrastinated, so much of it seemed to be them checking that you can source, read and reference someone elses opinion rather than your own

Presentations are my kryptonite 

**** getting to 65 if this is what my dreams are gonna turn into 

Oh, I have plenty of those, too. :) 

But the exams one isn't new. I've been getting that one intermittently all my life. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I found exams easy tbh, especially by the time I got to uni, good memory and selective on the questions, nail the ones you know then try and use the rest of the time to blag the ones you don't, even better if it's selective which ones you can answer

Coursework I mostly found boring and procrastinated, so much of it seemed to be them checking that you can source, read and reference someone elses opinion rather than your own

Presentations are my kryptonite 

Oh, same here. I always got the self-loathing and resolution never to do it again before the exam - but once I was in the room I was steely cool and an expert blagger. Never had any coursework that counted for results at all in my day, so that wasn't applicable. It was all on the exam. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, same here. I always got the self-loathing and resolution never to do it again before the exam - but once I was in the room I was steely cool and an expert blagger. Never had any coursework that counted for results at all in my day, so that wasn't applicable. It was all on the exam. 

I never did any coursework that didn't count for results 😜

Think that came in a couple of months in to my a levels, my girlfriend at the time will probably tell you a levels are the hardest thing she ever did in her life, that was because she spent about 30 hours a week doing coursework that didn't count towards the result, I read up on it and made sure I understood it but write a 10k word essay in 2 weeks that ultimateky means nothing? Nah I'm ok 

Whatever floats your boat

Spoiler

62+Awesome+Fake+Tans.jpg

;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That my kid never goes and plays at the bit of the park where the attractive mothers/guardians seem to be.

Many years ago we had a holiday in France with my mate and his wife. We found a nice spot on the beach near two very attractive young French women - who proceeded to strip down to bikini bottoms. 

Our wives: "Actually, this isn't a very good spot, let's move somewhere else"

Me and my mate: "No, it seems fine to us, let's stay here".

We had to back down when we got the double death stare. 

• Haha 4

Â