Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ice Hockey and Hockey are two different things. 

whilst they come above any woman's version of sport on the list  , that both versions of Hockey come below baseball and golf in the worth watching sports list says it all

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

whilst they come above any woman's version of sport on the list  , that both versions of Hockey come below baseball and golf in the worth watching sports list says it all

Give me ice hockey over golf anyday of the week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m always spellbound when I meet an American . They all seem like these celebrity people who come from this special place. Obviously I know it’s not like that really, but I do have this certain image in my head if America. Even when I was younger I had this thing for the place. I think I’ve only met two in person in my whole life and one was a woman who loved Motley Crue. 

On my one and only trip to the USA, in 1989, I found it to be a slightly strange experience. It felt simultaneously very familiar (due to years of exposure to US movies and TV) and at the same time bizarrely unreal - like I was actually in a film, or a dream, rather than reality. Maybe Americans feel the same way visiting England? 

Edited by mjmooney

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

On my one and only trip to the USA, in 1989, I found it to be a slightly strange experience. It felt simultaneously very familiar (due to years of exposure to US movies and TV) and at the same time bizarrely unreal - like I was actually in a film, or a dream, rather than reality. Maybe Americans feel the same way visiting England? 

My wife felt she was on a movie set when she went to New York. From what I’ve read and heard, they love England.

America does have a certain untangible feeling about it. Describing it as being in a movie isn’t entirely crazy, I suppose. I love it, by the way. Going back in six days, first time since 2012, and I can’t wait. 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m always spellbound when I meet an American . They all seem like these celebrity people who come from this special place. Obviously I know it’s not like that really, but I do have this certain image in my head if America. Even when I was younger I had this thing for the place. I think I’ve only met two in person in my whole life and one was a woman who loved Motley Crue. 

Anyone with the right amount of fingers is a **** celebrity in Rugeley. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Anyone with the right amount of fingers is a **** celebrity in Rugeley. 

I’m hurt . You weren’t moaning when we were putting coal on your fire 😉

p.s. GYPO!!

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hmmm 5th largest archipelago and 9th largest island in the world by area :mrgreen:

Did you just spend the last 2 hours researching that? 

😎

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Did you just spend the last 2 hours researching that? 

😎

No silly, thats the kind of shit I just know. My head retains very little of use but is full of useless crap like that

• Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 16:17, BOF said:

They say 'debate me' instead of 'debate with me', yet they say 'visit with me' instead of 'visit me'...

Post of the millennium that one, Bri. I thought it was just me.  I hate that. Why and when did it change? Kill them.

• Like 2

The annual suicide rate for men in the UK is enough to man the squad of every Premier League club ten times.

In other words, for every single professional contract signed for that year in the top tier, ten men take their own lives.

It pisses me off because more can be done to save lives and help these people find their worth and explore their talents.

Less tragedy, more triumph.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â