Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The wut? Which side of the Atlantic y'on boy?

I believe inside the UK it's a mileometer ;)

A kilometreometer would just sound silly :P 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

I believe inside the UK it's a mileometer ;)

A kilometreometer would just sound silly :P 

I believe the metric equivalent is milometer, however I have just discovered that the odometer is the original word and it was invented by an Englishman. Bollocks

I say Nigel, what is the odometer reading, right now please? :bang:

It's now definitely a word that pisses me off :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

I believe the metric equivalent is milometer, however I have just discovered that the odometer is the original word and it was invented by an Englishman. Bollocks

I say Nigel, what is the odometer reading, right now please? :bang:

It's now definitely a word that pisses me off :mrgreen:

Bloody Greeks.

• Haha 1

I walk past a council owned car park on the way from work to New Street and there is a car in there that has obviously been abandoned or stolen and dumped It has about 20 yellow parking enforcement notices stuck to its windscreen. I'm just trying to get into the mindset of the enforcement officer who will see that tomorrow and decide its worthwhile to issue another one. Idiots.

On 17/07/2019 at 16:45, Rob182 said:

Then you, my friend, are part of the problem :P

I don't mind reading daft theories and things like that. Even reviews are fine, to a point. But it's when it takes that (what seems to me) pretentious angle where it's like the person reviewing the show wants to show off their vocabulary and BTEC in Film Studies to anyone who will listen :lol:

I nearly lost my shit* when, in an episode of Jonathan Creek they showed a quick glimpse of Cobstone windmill in Bucks and tried to pass it off as Creek's home, which everyone knows is Shipley windmill in Sussex! Do they think we are fools?! 

* I didn't really

• Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

People who dress up as peaky blinders. 

I was in my local outdoor a couple of weeks back and ahead of me in the queue was a couple of teenage lads, clearly on the way to a party, who literally looked like had walked off the set. Down to the caps and weirdly cut trousers and whatnot.

Looked absurd.

11 hours ago, Xela said:

People who dress up as peaky blinders. 

I did it once on a stag do. Not gonna lie we looked **** amazing. 

But this was about 5 years ago when barely anyone had seen the show. I think it’s been done now. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But this was about 5 years ago when barely anyone had seen the show. I think it’s been done now. 

Don't have a problem with it if it's for an event / special occasion etc.

If you're popping down Lidl in full gear though, it's time to have a word with yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Don't have a problem with it if it's for an event / special occasion etc.

If you're popping down Lidl in full gear though, it's time to have a word with yourself.

Oh yeah. That’s **** dumb. 

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Socks or no socks?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Socks

I hope they were authentic 1920s socks, hand-knitted by your nan, and darned several times for maximum discomfort. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I couldn’t work out if I should put this in the US bolitics thread or the corporate evil one. I know it doesn’t really fit here either as I don’t see how “it shouldn’t”. 

Tribal elders peacefully protesting that someone wants to build a huge telescope on their most sacred mountain, being cuffed and carted off by the Hawaiian rozzers:

When you have no doubts about letting a fart rip safely and it's a follow through.

The outrage I felt when I figured out Adam Sandler was not going to show up declaring it's cool to sh*t your pants and save me was real.

Â