Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Why my OH puts the clocks forward by 5 or so minutes "So I wont be late". Same in the car. My work starts at 7:00, if I get there when the car clock says 7:08 then I know I'm late so how does it change anything? Utterly bizarre. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My daily commute at the moment is M6/M6 Toll, M42 from the toll all the way to M40 and that up to Leamington Spa. Then that back. The morning journey isn't bad as it starts at 5.20 but the return, particularly M40/M42 is up there with the worst. 

Do a lot of work that way on. It can be horrendous. 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Why my OH puts the clocks forward by 5 or so minutes "So I wont be late". Same in the car. My work starts at 7:00, if I get there when the car clock says 7:08 then I know I'm late so how does it change anything? Utterly bizarre. 

If you're less than 5 minute early, you're late

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The horrendously **** up traffic in and around Birmingham. Took me an hour to get from Tyseley to Chelmsley this morning, and almost every night I have to go to Blythe Valley. I have to make a detour through Catherine de Barnes as Stonebridge Island is a total **** gridlock. Just sick to death of the state of our roads, and motorways (I'm looking at you M42 J6 to 4)

Its shit all over Birmingham. Even on a Saturday. When I go to my folks my journey is essentially broken down into 2 parts - a) getting on the M6 and b) M6, M54 and country lanes. 

Part A can take longer than B even though all I need to do it get on the M6 from where I live. Either J7 o J6. Both are shitholes to join. The other 40 miles or so is plain sailing. 

• Like 1

Nottingham is no better. The city is at a bloody standstill for a couple of hours every day because the council turned a 2 lane major throughroad towards the m1 into a single lane with a huge, road width cycle lane. It's been absolute carnage ever since. Still, I often see as many as 3 cyclists on it while I'm queuing for 20 minutes, so it's well worth it. 

As for the bastard trams... 

Edited by Davkaus

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

My dad used to do this and it drove me crazy.

I always said surely once you KNOW everything is 5 minutes early then it makes literally no difference.

Unless you have the memory of a goldfish then every time you look at the clock you'll be working out what the time really is by taking 5 minutes away even if you don't realise you're doing it.

The clock in my car runs fast by about a minute a month, I never change it until we gain or lose an hour. I just know how fast it's currently running and recalculate in my head, it kind of drives me a bit nuts but if I change the clock all the time that drives me nuits too

I can't imagine actually setting a clock deliberately fast, thats just odd. I want to know what the actual time is

13 hours ago, bickster said:

The clock in my car runs fast by about a minute a month, I never change it until we gain or lose an hour. I just know how fast it's currently running and recalculate in my head, it kind of drives me a bit nuts but if I change the clock all the time that drives me nuits too

I can't imagine actually setting a clock deliberately fast, thats just odd. I want to know what the actual time is

2rpxid5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You know when you send someone an email and you pre empt their next response by answering the question they will undoubtedly ask next and they respond asking the question anyway... well that

On the driving subject, recently started seeing a new lady friend so my 2 minute drive to and from work has now turned into a 1hr 20 minute drive to her place. 40 minutes on a clean run, but it's never a clear run is it?

At least it has helped me get rid of my irrational fear of motorways and rushhour traffic.

20 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Eh?

Another way of saying get there in good time to be ready at the appointed time, not rolling up at exactly the time arranged. You have to leave time for pleasantries and ablutions.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

On the driving subject, recently started seeing a new lady friend so my 2 minute drive to and from work has now turned into a 1hr 20 minute drive to her place. 40 minutes on a clean run, but it's never a clear run is it?

At least it has helped me get rid of my irrational fear of motorways and rushhour traffic.

CSvest.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

On the driving subject, recently started seeing a new lady friend so my 2 minute drive to and from work has now turned into a 1hr 20 minute drive to her place. 

#humblebrag

• Like 2

The fact that people get annoyed about any movie being made. Mostly blockbusters, who's previous film made a billion dollars plus. 

Who cares if you don't like it? Clearly a lot of people do. Can't you just not watch it? Or watch the dozens of other movies releases that week? 

You'd think people were literally forced to handover money to watch something that go in to wanting to dislike. 

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So you quit your job to be with her?

insomnia has hit badly this week. Very annoying, I'd had a good week before then. All the more annoying was that ever since I decided to be more reflective about my sleeping habits at the turn of the year to sleep better, the opposite has happened. Making yourself over analyse every detail of your routine is in hindsight a **** stupid idea. The goal, to try and be a bit more aware of what I'm doing seems to be backfiring. I've always been a light sleeper, never slept more than 6 hours unless properly knackered etc, but now, whatever I do in the evening, my mind is so hyper aware of itself, I don't know how to break it. Seem to be getting less and less sleep, and then I get rally shit recommendations, including reading books titled "why we sleep" or the importance of sleep" as if I **** didn't know already that sleep is useful. I'm terrified of the consequences of shitty sleeping habits down the line. 

Each night the patience wears a little thinner, so trying to calm my self down with deep breathing gets treated as an exercise I spend barely 30 seconds on before giving up. Doing my head in at the moment. My partner, naturally, sleeps like a **** baby. And when she's off and starts snoring, if I'm still wide awake, that just rubs it in. 

Rationally, when I write stuff down I go through all the reasons I might be sleepless, but nothing seems to strike a chord. I have stuff on - house moving, planning a wedding, work assignments etc, but I don't feel unduly stressed by it. I am ( always ) trying to eat a little better and do more exercise, but I cannot accept the reason I am up tonight is because I had one coffee at 10am this morning and half a pack of biscuits in the afternoon. I had one glass of wine this evening, at around 6.30ish. Not late. Trying to view it all as a problem I can isolate and then solve is so frustrating, as I just don't know what I can change. I do try and tell myself to accept it, and just not fight it, I've had so many bouts of insomnia in my life, I've long since learned to just get out of bed at a certain point - as I'm doing now, but I can't stand the helplessness of it all. 

Work days are generally very quiet at the moment, maybe that doesn't help so I constantly time waste, which I've always tried to stop doing. I do have sleeping pills from a more a recent bout when I was super stressed. I took one then, and it knocked me out, so I always have the 'nuclear' option as a last resort. But I only have a few of those pills, and I'd rather not use them if I can help it. I'm worried I've started associating my own bed with stress, which isn't good, I just don't know how to switch off. There's a part of me that obsesses over thinking I have to actively do something in order to sleep, rather than just let go, but then enter the impatience. My mindset is to want to sleep as soon as possible so I can then wake up as soon as possible and get off into waking life again, to start a new book etc. It's not as if I even fill all my spare time with lot's of activity, either. 

Please excuse this rant, maybe typing this all up will trigger the sane part of my brain to take control over the trolling voice in my head, but we'll see. 

• Like 4

Â