Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Great Post. I suffered from insomnia for decades and a few of those suggestions helped me pretty much beat it. I sleep through the night now, still get up ridiculously early and still have days when it comes back but 5 nights out of 7 I have uninterrupted sleep. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

yes, cheers @Amsterdam_Neil_D. Lot's of good advice there. I definitely need to improve my routine. Trying to ditch the phone use has been an ongoing battle - which sounds so depressing when you type it out like that though.

Leave it in a different room.  If it's in the vicinity, you'll reach for it. 

• Like 1

I'm a bad one for phone usage. My other half keeps me sane there. If we're watching TV together then I don't touch the phone. Or at least touch it rarely (if I get a text or something I might check it)

But if I'm on my own, I constantly pick up my phone and scroll through the same few apps over and over. I'm really bad at keeping my attention on the TV.

Fortunately, it doesn't affect my sleep, or at least my ability to get to sleep. But it's definitely something I'm conscious that I need to stop.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a bad one for phone usage. My other half keeps me sane there. If we're watching TV together then I don't touch the phone. Or at least touch it rarely (if I get a text or something I might check it)

But if I'm on my own, I constantly pick up my phone and scroll through the same few apps over and over. I'm really bad at keeping my attention on the TV.

Same for me. If someone’s in the room with me, I won’t touch it much at all. If I’m on my own, I can’t stop.

I have exactly the same habit with my todger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We're moving to a new office for next week. 

The one were in currently is a big central room, so no external windows. There's a tonne of skylights, so it's not that dark but can be. 

I was seeing HR about something unrelated, and she mentioned how we'll have big executive desks, so a lot more personal space. There's ceiling to floor windows, so lots of natural sunlight that we've been without for years. 

So we see the office today. She's completely right... For the people sitting in the main room. There's 9 of us, however, who will be sitting in a small room connected to the back of that. With two small skylights, that are quite deep, so unless the sun is directly over them there won't be any really getting in to the room. The walls are a dark grey, the lights flicker and the buzzing from them is loud. The desks we have schools would turn down if they were offered them for free, I'll be surprised if I can even fit my screens and keyboard on them. Most desks are around the walls of the room, so everyone is looking centrally. Except for mine and the one next to me, we're facing opposite two other people, so we're looking at the wall. 

The people I've sat next to and bonded with for the last year plus I won't be sitting with. Instead I'm sitting next to a part timer who I barely know, so half of the week I'll be on my own. 

I can't wait. What a way to improve my work life experience. 😊

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Haha 1

Just had a message from facebook.

It seems I posted another picture that is against their rules so it's been removed.

I posted it in August.

Now...do they actually employ people to scour profiles looking for naughtyness to remove?

Or, more insidiously, has one of my "friends" complained? I find that hard to believe as I've whittled them down to a small select bunch of like-minded freaks.

FFS, it's getting worse, can't even post clunge on Tumblr these days.  Them Victorians never had it so good.

47 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just had a message from facebook.

It seems I posted another picture that is against their rules so it's been removed.

I posted it in August.

Now...do they actually employ people to scour profiles looking for naughtyness to remove?

Or, more insidiously, has one of my "friends" complained? I find that hard to believe as I've whittled them down to a small select bunch of like-minded freaks.

FFS, it's getting worse, can't even post clunge on Tumblr these days.  Them Victorians never had it so good.

It’ll be one of your friends complaining

On arrival to work I got summonsed to court with no notice. Not exactly dressed for the occasion. Now I’ve had to climb the sodding stairs to the 5th floor (4 flights per floor!) because there’s a High Sheriff being sworn in. Whatever that is and why on earth it warrants this level of security is beyond me

When you are on the motorway and you see signs that the left of the two lanes will be closed in 1000 yards due to work/accident.

EVERYONE goes into the right lane and creates a massive line while the left lane is perfectly safe and legally usable (and empty!) for the next 1000 yards.

Why is this happening? Are people that stupid?

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

I guess they don't want to be that guy that zooms past them, undertaking all the way up to the obstacle, and then indicates, expecting to be let in

Two lanes drive to the very end to minimise the length of the queue. Nobody is 'expecting' to be let in - it's a zipper movement. One car from left lane, one from right lane.

Why can't people understand this?

Other than being stupid, it's also against the highway code which clearly states in the rule 264:

You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear.

• Like 2

Â