Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The roads around Ebbw Vale. None of them appear on a  sat nav because they have been under construction since 1743 and they are only 3% complete.

£500 billion spent , over  4 teenage groundworkers employed, 100 miles of chicken wire and for what ?

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

The roads around Ebbw Vale. None of them appear on a  sat nav because they have been under construction since 1743 and they are only 3% complete.

£500 billion spent , over  4 teenage groundworkers employed, 100 miles of chicken wire and for what ?

They don't need roads, they've got no work to get to in the Welsh Brexit Ghetto

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

They don't need roads, they've got no work to get to in the Welsh Brexit Ghetto

I'd nuke everything south of the Brecons to be honest . South Wales may be the grimmest place in Britain. They are spending trillions so that two old ladies can get to the butchers.

8 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I'd nuke everything south of the Brecons to be honest . South Wales may be the grimmest place in Britain. They are spending trillions so that two old ladies can get to the butchers.

I thought the Heads of the Valley Road development was pretty much finished, They only had the Brynmawr section to finish by Black Rock and that was a few years ago. Ah bollocks, I was going to go that way at the end of the month, oh well sod that its M4 and up through Caerphilly to Merthyr then. But that's shit too

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I thought the Heads of the Valley Road development was pretty much finished, 

Been using it once a fortnight for the last 2 years and It looks like they are still in the planning stage , nevermind nearly finished 😀

There's a new footbridge that connects a tree to another tree that looks like it cost a cool £5m but is inaccessible to pedestrians .  There's a 17 year old lad reading a copy of Nuts he found in a portaloo. That's it .

Will look amazing in 2076 when they reach the halfway stage.

• Like 1

The horrendously **** up traffic in and around Birmingham. Took me an hour to get from Tyseley to Chelmsley this morning, and almost every night I have to go to Blythe Valley. I have to make a detour through Catherine de Barnes as Stonebridge Island is a total **** gridlock. Just sick to death of the state of our roads, and motorways (I'm looking at you M42 J6 to 4)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just sick to death of the state of our roads, and motorways (I'm looking at you M42 J6 to 4)

I used to have to drive that stretch every day (well, 4 to 6)

Absolute **** nightmare around rush hour

My daily commute at the moment is M6/M6 Toll, M42 from the toll all the way to M40 and that up to Leamington Spa. Then that back. The morning journey isn't bad as it starts at 5.20 but the return, particularly M40/M42 is up there with the worst. 

12 hours ago, bickster said:

I thought the Heads of the Valley Road development was pretty much finished, 

I used to go to a very fast time trial course on the Heads of The Valleys Road, long descent for the start, then pretty flat alongside river (Neath ?) then you finish at the bottom of the hill. I saw a lot of extensive construction work  on the way to Hirwaun and thought it somewhat ironic that it was (part) financed by EU money - probably ERDF -. Didn't they vote 'Leave' down there ?

1 minute ago, veloman said:

I used to go to a very fast time trial course on the Heads of The Valleys Road, long descent for the start, then pretty flat alongside river (Neath ?) then you finish at the bottom of the hill. I saw a lot of extensive construction work  on the way to Hirwaun and thought it somewhat ironic that it was (part) financed by EU money - probably ERDF -. Didn't they vote 'Leave' down there ?

Yep, my family are all from Hirwaun. You'll have been going down Glyn Neath Bank, through the Neath Valley

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, my family are all from Hirwaun. You'll have been going down Glyn Neath Bank, through the Neath Valley

Excellent ! Always found the locals very pleasant and patient , having to deal with scores of bloody cyclists. My wife got talking to a lady in local shop who informed her it was pronounced "Heer wine". Is that right do you know ?

8 minutes ago, veloman said:

Excellent ! Always found the locals very pleasant and patient , having to deal with scores of bloody cyclists. My wife got talking to a lady in local shop who informed her it was pronounced "Heer wine". Is that right do you know ?

Depends on your accent I guess. My family all pronounce it HiRR-wine. Or Her Win in English :mrgreen:

Â