Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Villa being promoted.

You see I have had 3 years of an Everton supporter texting me with every failure on Villas part and he finally got the message that I wasn't bothered as I had lost interest in football. This is all true, so every loss or financial problem, text off mate to try and wind me up, failing as I didnt really care.

Then this week, he text me with "back in the prem", and I knew this and am happy with it, but I am out with him tomorrow and if I show any joy or enthusiasm, one it will show that I do care, that gives him an in for next season.

Also he is still the only mate that uses text, so this doubly pisses me off that he wont install whatsapp

• Like 3

People faffing around on trains. Just sit still ffs and look at your phone/out the window. 

None of us want to be here and just want to get to where we are going without wanting to rip each others heads off and you taking an age to rustle around your crisps, clinking around your bag, squeezing your wattle bottle and slurping away is making everyone else want to hurt you.

Similar to being in a cinema. People don't know how to just sit and go for an hour or so without making noise.

• Like 2

I'm a bit worried I got scammed earlier.  I was walking through town and this Buddhist bloke came up to me and gave me one of his books, I tried the usual sorry I don't have any change on me but he said it's ok, he can do contactless card payments.  So I kind of just said yeah and donated a couple of quid.  I'm normally prejudiced against all religious people but Buddhists (and Sikhs) generally seem alright, but I've never seen a mobile handheld contactless card machine like that, and certainly not being carried by a Buddhist monk.  I'm hoping the fact that he did it in a busy shopping street where there's loads of CCTV cameras means he isn't a con artist.

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm a bit worried I got scammed earlier.  I was walking through town and this Buddhist bloke came up to me and gave me one of his books, I tried the usual sorry I don't have any change on me but he said it's ok, he can do contactless card payments.  So I kind of just said yeah and donated a couple of quid.  I'm normally prejudiced against all religious people but Buddhists (and Sikhs) generally seem alright, but I've never seen a mobile handheld contactless card machine like that, and certainly not being carried by a Buddhist monk.  I'm hoping the fact that he did it in a busy shopping street where there's loads of CCTV cameras means he isn't a con artist.

So, you got mugged by a Buddhist monk? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I probably won't find out until I can check the transactions on my bank account.  He was very convincing though.

Don't you have a banking app where you can check pending Transactions? And the limit for contactless payments is £30

Unless he swiped your card to clone it and you showed him your pin your alright 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Don't you have a banking app where you can check pending Transactions? And the limit for contactless payments is £30

Unless he swiped your card to clone it and you showed him your pin your alright 

I've had a look and can't see anything there but I'll keep an eye on it.

26 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The guys selling the big issue carry them here.

Probably legit, they've had to alter their m.o. since too many people were able to say they had no cash.

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

but I've never seen a mobile handheld contactless card machine like that

We've just hit 1250 drivers with these devices, pretty common these days, even the local sandwich shop by the office has one

I've had one for 3 and a half years

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I probably won't find out until I can check the transactions on my bank account.  He was very convincing though.

Ring up the bank and ask them to see what is pending - they can see more than you will be able to see on your app/online banking account.

If you are that worried ask them to cancel that particular card and post you out a new one. 

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm hoping the fact that he did it in a busy shopping street where there's loads of CCTV cameras means he isn't a con artist.

Have you never seen The Real Hustle on the beeb?

Sergei in Grozny says ta. ;)

• Haha 1

The new Boots advert is irritating. 

What does “nobody looks like that, it’s just a load of chat” actually mean!? I assume it means no real woman is slim, but the advert then contradicts itself thirty seconds later by showing a real life slender woman perched on a sunbed. 

And it seems they started out by choosing the song for the ad first then crowbarred the lyrics around it in a ham-fisted attempt to make it fit. Plus the signing is shit. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s prime season for “has he signed yet?” Or “has he gone yet?” Posts

Irritating. 

Or people taking 'links' as though they're true and a reflection of the type of player we're going for, and then getting upset about those links.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Or people taking 'links' as though they're true and a reflection of the type of player we're going for, and then getting upset about those links.

Yeah that’s annoying. But at least that’s going off some “evidence” even if it’s shit evidence. 

But “has he signed yet?” Properly winds me up. 

You know he hasn’t signed. Just read the last two posts and you can see he hasn’t signed. Your post has added nothing! 

:D

8 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The new Boots advert is irritating. 

What does “nobody looks like that, it’s just a load of chat” actually mean!? I assume it means no real woman is slim, but the advert then contradicts itself thirty seconds later by showing a real life slender woman perched on a sunbed. 

And it seems they started out by choosing the song for the ad first then crowbarred the lyrics around it in a ham-fisted attempt to make it fit. Plus the signing is shit. 

I hate shit like this, one week you'll get news about some poor soul who was anorexic and the press saying teenagers need to know that celebs use photoshop etc etc

Next page in the paper

"look how fat kerry katona is, fatty fat fat fat"

Heard the opening snippet of an Interview with Bobby Gillespie on 6 music yesterday. I think it was Mary Anne Hobbs (The Queen of Pretentious Waffle). Primal Scream have just released two double albums both of which are compilations of all their singles so BG is on the interview circuit promoting them.

Opening question

(I'm paraphrasing) 

MAH: So Bobby these albums are the story of your career really aren't they? (In a voice that made it sound like she was making a really profound observation)

BG: *pause* then a nervous sort of laugh, (you can almost hear the silent screaming of a profanity that must surely have been going on in his head) I suppose so because it's all the singles we've ever released

:bang:

I hit the Aux button at this point to switch to Spotify

30 minutes ago, choffer said:

The amount of Liverpool shirts being worn by shoppers in Tesco today in west London. :bang:

Trust me, it's insignificant, there were 750,000 of them on the streets here

Thats about 35% of the population of Merseyside

Â