Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Wolverhampton born and bred Manchester United fan in the office (who I've mentioned before) loudly declaring that he was really upset that Liverpool won the Champions League, but it made him feel better that our coefficient will be improved as a result.

There's so much to hate in that sentence.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Wolverhampton born and bred Manchester United fan in the office (who I've mentioned before) loudly declaring that he was really upset that Liverpool won the Champions League, but it made him feel better that our coefficient will be improved as a result.

Hasn't the coefficient been abolished for the big leagues? I think us and Italy get 4 places now regardless. 

22 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The new Boots advert is irritating. 

What does “nobody looks like that, it’s just a load of chat” actually mean!? I assume it means no real woman is slim, but the advert then contradicts itself thirty seconds later by showing a real life slender woman perched on a sunbed. 

And it seems they started out by choosing the song for the ad first then crowbarred the lyrics around it in a ham-fisted attempt to make it fit. Plus the signing is shit. 

With regards to the adverts, companies sometimes snap up the licencing rights for certain older songs for relatively cheap then whore them out on 100's of adverts. Current ones doing the rounds are 'You make my dreams' by Hall and Oates and 'Electric Dreams' by Phil Oakey. Both have been on about 10 adverts in the last 2-3 years. 

19 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

companies sometimes snap up the licencing rights for certain older songs for relatively cheap then whore them out on 100's of adverts.

Very much doubt this is true, advertising deals are  done with the artistes publishing company(The music publishers) and I cannot see them doing a "cheap deal" for multiple advertising deals. There is huge money in this and it is exactly why publishing companies exist. What will make it cheaper is a non-exclusivity clause on the song being used in other adverts.

Just as an indication of just how much money is involved. The song Wonderful Life by Black has been used a number of times, one of them was some chocolate commercial involving a steam train iirc. This is twenty years ago. Colin Vearncombe RIP (AKA Black) received £25k for the use of the song, a further £25k for NOT SINGING THE SONG i.e. it was re-recorded for the advert plus £50 per play of the advert per ITV region. So if the advert was played twice in an hour on all 24 regions that's £2400 to the artist

These things do not get "whored out cheaply".

• Like 1

It really shouldn't piss me off because it's a nice gesture, but when it's your birthday or another occasion and your desk at work gets decorated with balloons, banners and those annoying little things you sprinkle everywhere. Not sure what they're called.

Thanks, I love having less room on my desk, having partial visibility of my screen and getting things stuck to my arm for the day.

And yeah, I'll clean it all up later, don't worry.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It really shouldn't piss me off because it's a nice gesture, but when it's your birthday or another occasion and your desk at work gets decorated with balloons, banners and those annoying little things you sprinkle everywhere. Not sure what they're called.

Thanks, I love having less room on my desk, having partial visibility of my screen and getting things stuck to my arm for the day.

Happy birthday or other occasion xxx

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

s-l1000.jpgth?id=OIP.AP2Qmh6HMqAmUCsFsjf4bQHaHa%26p

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't think there's anyone other than my gf and immediate family who know when my birthday is. I make a point of not telling people at work, mostly for that reason.

Happy birthday in advance beautiful xxx

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think there's anyone other than my gf and immediate family who know when my birthday is. I make a point of not telling people at work, partly for that reason, partly just because I'm a miserable bastard.

I have a weekly meeting with a few suppliers at work. Just a conference call.

Four different suppliers, so four calls a week.

One of the people on the invite is a guy who works in my office. He has never once turned up for the meeting. 

That's a bit annoying, but he doesn't really need to be on it so I've never really followed it up.

What annoys me is when he's on holiday or travelling on business he declines the meeting notices and emails me to tell me why he can't make it.

You've literally NEVER dialed in, mate! Why are you telling me about this one call out of the last 100 that you won't be able to make?!

• Haha 3

Went to make a cup of coffee and filled the coffee jar with water instead of the kettle.  I'm an absolute idiot sometimes.  

At least it looks as though that Buddhist hasn't scammed me, judging from my bank account.

Edited by sharkyvilla

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Hasn't the coefficient been abolished for the big leagues? I think us and Italy get 4 places now regardless. 

the coefficient now counts towards how much money you receive from the 'coefficient pot'.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The day I worry about coefficients in the day I deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered. 

I work for a global company and speak to colleagues in many different locations most days. They speak to me in english, a second language to them. When i reply i make sure i speak back them a little clearer and a bit slower than if i was talking to another person who had english as their main language.

Cue the p1ss taking comments from colleagues in the office, making out that I'm like that french copper in 'allo 'allo ! I then explain that what they don't realise is that what i say to them is (more than likely) mentally translated in to their native tongue so they understand me and then their reply is also translated in to english in their heads and they then verbally reply. 

I'm only speaking slower out of respect because i know if i practice my schoolboy french to a Frenchman then i am hoping i can understand his reply or at least i catch most of what he says back.

But no.....the little englanders in my place still mock me. I wouldn't care but they are the same types who put the letter O at the end of most words when ordering their egg and chips in El Red Lion pub in benidorm 🤬

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

Walking through town yesterday past the Trump protesters around Victoria Square.

The clearing in the woods confronting people with their phones aloft, videoing the exchanges.

Can people just protest without needing to record everything or unsettle other people just passing by.

• Like 2

Â