Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Yorkies are Nestle and Nestle can **** off.

Hear hear.

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Metro

I staggered four miles alone across busy and quiet London in the early hours of Saturday morning last week, because I was pissed and wanted to.

We take this sort of stuff for granted, don't we?

I get that men take that sort of stuff for granted, and it's horrible to read about people not doing what I regard as 'normal' out of a fear of attack.  But I do wonder how much of that fear is misplaced or exaggerated by media.  The 1 attack will always be reported amongst the 100,000 random female ambles through town.  Point is they probably could be doing those things.  Maybe they are choosing not to do those things for reasons that are being massively and unfairly taking out of proportion.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Xann said:

Yorkies are Nestle and Nestle can **** off.

On the other theme that's running here - A few sources carried this a few weeks ago.

There's lots more responses should you search for them.

Metro

I staggered four miles alone across busy and quiet London in the early hours of Saturday morning last week, because I was pissed and wanted to.

We take this sort of stuff for granted, don't we?

Without wishing to cross the line here, I'll wager that most people who responded are talking crap, they might do it once or twice but they'd soon get bored of it

No one walks and does grocery shopping late at night unless its the corner shop, even if they haven't got a car, most people get a cab there and back and its not because they feel threatened, its because they either want to do it quickly or its a bloody mission.

Don't think any of the three of us are qualified to answer this properly.

Seen girls getting grief from boneheads too many times, that's obviously WITH witnesses.

Admittedly the girl that wants to walk through forests at night hasn't thought it through.

They're dark and you can walk into things or trip over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

Seen girls getting grief from boneheads too many times, that's obviously WITH witnesses.

Admittedly the girl that wants to walk through forests at night hasn't thought it through.

I did say "I do wonder".  And the question has to be asked.  I will re-phrase my final sentence to be more in line with the questioning nature of the post!

Aside from actual physical attacks there’s clearly a problem with men being dickheads, even if they would have no intention to actually harm a woman, putting them on the spot can make them feel at risk especially late at night. They don’t know who these people are.

Is it vastly different to walking through a rough area and being shouted at or intimidated? They might not actually intend to fight you or mug you but you never know. Imagine that, but it could happen anywhere.

Having said that, the way the question is phrased seems a little on the nose and as BOF might be suggesting doesn’t help with the idea of fearing all men.

Edited by a m ole

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

the way the question is phrased seems a little on the nose and as BOF might be suggesting doesn’t help with the idea of fearing all men.

I'd say activist Danielle Muscato didn't intentionally phrase the question that way, and activist Danielle Muscato really had no idea the responses from her followers would have such a dark theme.

21 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Germans.

So rude. I haven't been on holiday in Europe for a number of years and I'd forgotten. We went to visit some caves today and we are all waiting until the tour starts and then they all push past us (wife is pregnant) just to get to the front. They had no problem banging you and bumping you when they want to get by, and acting like they aren't doing anything. No apologies just acting like they own the place and a far superior. I ended up trying to be as awkwardly in the way as possible rather than enjoying the caves. The blue collar lad in me wanted to start humming 2 World Wars....

They display the worst kind of entitlement.

The trouble is, you've been away too long.  As the right wing press will tell you, they DO own the place now.  That's why we simply MUST leave the EU.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It seems unlikely to me that we can accurately deduce how often women feel uncomfortable when walking around towns without asking a decent number of them. 

I tried to but I got moved on by the police.

"DO MEN MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE? ARE YOU SCARED?"

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Xann said:

I wasn't saying any of us are, what I'd suggest I am qualified for is knowing that even if there were no men allowed out after dark, these women still wouldn't be walking around after dark

Like I said they'd get bored of it after the novelty wore off, I make a good living out of people that just can't be arsed

maybe but  the point was that they have less freedom of movement due to predatory behaviour, and even if they wouldn't avail themselves of those options often or if it all, it's still better to have the option to make that choice for themselves.  Think you might be taking their responses a little too literally.

I got jumped in Beacon Park in Lichfield when I was about 16 and for over a year I was worried walking around by myself. 

I know that feels so I’m not going to belittle people feeling threatened even if there’s no actual danger. 

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Continuing the 'B's,' so does Anton Bruckner.

"While Gustav Mahler spent his whole life searching for God, Anton Bruckner knew him intimately for his whole life." - Deryck Cooke

I love Mahler, but can't get into Bruckner at all. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

People who phone into radio stations to tell their other halves they love them... 

tell them to their face - I don’t want to hear about their inane slushy tripe

Or even to tell their kids to eat their pizza, as just happened on 6 Music

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Think you might be taking their responses a little too literally.

That would be impossible, I haven't read them, only the excerpt on VT. My point has never been about the perceived threat women face

Â