Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 20/07/2018 at 16:21, Xela said:

I think @Stevo985 had a similar situation previously. 

Was in the pub and 3 women on the table next to me were discussing mobile phones and the one was making a big song and dance about getting rid of her 'common' iPhone and going for something different and unique. She got a Samsung! :D Probably more popular than the iPhone.

Its amazing how much drivel people spout

Ha yes! 

Guy at work called me a sheep for having an iPhone. This was about 2 weeks after he got his brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 (or whichever was the latest Galaxy S at the time)

My mate always refers to his son as "the little man"

That really pisses me off. And is on topic in this thread for once as I'm aware that it's actually quite cute and really shouldn't piss me off!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

My mate always refers to his son as "the little man"

That really pisses me off. And is on topic in this thread for once as I'm aware that it's actually quite cute and really shouldn't piss me off!

Are you defo it's his son he's referring to?

Friend of mine sent me a load of pictures of his little man and I had to burn my laptop.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Are you defo it's his son he's referring to?

Friend of mine sent me a load of pictures of his little man and I had to burn my laptop.

Well he always says stuff like "I miss the Little Man" when we're on stag dos and stuff.

But then again he is quite fat, so you might be right.

Adverts in general but the really irrationally annoying one for me is the Vauxhall Corsa ad with the four dozy smug looking women listening to tunes in the showroom just nodding their heads.

it makes me want to never get in a Vauxhall let alone buy one. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've been trying to explain to Bankers in Northampton today that cranking up the air con and opening all the windows and weding open all the doors isn't really the best thing to do.

The Toshiba fan coil unit is good, but it's going to take quite a while to cool all the air in the Northampton skies.

We have air con and windows, it’s amazing that in an office full of engineers complaining about the heat the penny hasn’t dropped.

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Adverts in general but the really irrationally annoying one for me is the Vauxhall Corsa ad with the four dozy smug looking women listening to tunes in the showroom just nodding their heads.

it makes me want to never get in a Vauxhall let alone buy one. 

Nationwide got rid of those 2 **** annoying sisters with their songs and replaced with an equally annoying bloke with a bizarre brummie accent doing a poem about building societies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Nationwide got rid of those 2 **** annoying sisters with their songs and replaced with an equally annoying bloke with a bizarre brummie accent doing a poem about building societies. 

I tend to record a lot of my programs and watch recordings instead of live tv so have the luxury of fast forwarding through adverts a lot of the time 

but when I can’t avoid them..... jeez, it’s like they seem to make me pay for all the times I’ve skipped through them :( 

Cabbies can be just as bad. I get into the cab with a suitcase and ask for the airport and they say "going away then?"

I assume its done deliberately as some sort of revenge! 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cabbies can be just as bad. I get into the cab with a suitcase and ask for the airport and they say "going away then?"

I assume its done deliberately as some sort of revenge! 

Cab drivers and airports, I'm convinced the drivers that work the airports regularly are mentally subnormal

Hermes we tried to deliver notes.
"We tried to deliver but you were out."

Yes mate, it's Monday. I was at work.

"...will try again tomorrow."

It's Tuesday mate, I will be at work.

Yes mate, it's Tuesday. I was at work.

It's Wednesday mate, I will be at work.

At least the post office or royal mail or whoever the hell they are you can pick it up at their sorting office. What is the point in these dogshit carrier companies.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

At least the post office or royal mail or whoever the hell they are you can pick it up at their sorting office. What is the point in these dogshit carrier companies.

It's the operating model that's wrong. Most of these guys were set up to provide a business service (as in, deliveries to businesses) so they had an operating model that allowed them to be cheap. So companies delivering to individuals decided to utilise that service because the price point was so low even though it's nigh-on impossible for their customers to ever get their hands on their good. 
I've driven thousands of miles over the years to go to depots to collect in person after the third missed delivery. So, even though I've paid for delivery once already, I have to use my petrol for a round trip of anything up to 100 miles to be grunted at by some warehouseman who may or may not actually lay his hands on my package (insert williams.gif), depending on his mood.

All to give the seller the cheapest price available. 

Edited by choffer
I may actually have made all that up - I'm no expert.

19 minutes ago, choffer said:

It's the operating model that's wrong. Most of these guys were set up to provide a business service (as in, deliveries to businesses) so they had an operating model that allowed them to be cheap. So companies delivering to individuals decided to utilise that service because the price point was so low even though it's nigh-on impossible for their customers to ever get their hands on their good. 
I've driven thousands of miles over the years to go to depots to collect in person after the third missed delivery. So, even though I've paid for delivery once already, I have to use my petrol for a round trip of anything up to 100 miles to be grunted at by some warehouseman who may or may not actually lay his hands on my package (insert williams.gif), depending on his mood.

All to give the seller the cheapest price available. 

I get all my shit delivered to my work address or use Amazon and the "safe place" location if I know I wont be in.

Cuts out 99% of the issues I used to have with Herpes, DPD et al

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Tis True, I'd imagine most taxi drivers think exactly the same. The job makes you paranoid

Don't people pay by card these days ?  It would be super safe for the drivers then.  Maybe less tips though.

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Don't people pay by card these days ?  It would be super safe for the drivers then.  Maybe less tips though.

Nope, I have a card machine, I've taken less than £1000 all year by Card (Probably take approx £500 a week in cash). People who pay by card rarely tip, you'd be right there

I even have two big headrest covers advertising the fact you can pay by card. People comment on them all the time, say that its great that you can pay by card now, then pay cash

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hermes we tried to deliver notes.

Yes mate, it's Monday. I was at work.

It's Tuesday mate, I will be at work.

Yes mate, it's Tuesday. I was at work.

It's Wednesday mate, I will be at work.

Possibley a stupid question,  why not give it to the neighbors ? 

Every single house in our road does it for everyone else.  In fact I went to collect a pacjkage from 4 doors down,  she was 3 floors up so buzzed me in her house and said get it yourself.

So I have not missed a parcel for years. 

As I write this I realise it depends on A) Neighbors B ) where you live  C) the value of the item.

Â