Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Maybe it's because I'm not English but this is the bit I don't get. If expectations are low, why is everyone going nuts for a song proclaiming you are about to win the thing?

irony!

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:
23 minutes ago, choffer said:

Maybe it's because I'm not English but this is the bit I don't get. If expectations are low, why is everyone going nuts for a song proclaiming you are about to win the thing?

irony!

Maybe up until now it was self-deprecating irony.  But the way the draw has opened up, everyone in the bottom half HAS to at least be thinking of the possibility now.  If you're NOT thinking it, then why not? What on earth are you doing in the quarters?  As I heard someone on twitter put it earlier - Any denial at this stage just comes across as false modesty.

So even the fact that it could "come home" is quite amazing.

ticks all the boxes of being English imo ;)

Inflated sense of pride in inventing everything the Greeks didnt

Full of over the top expectation and hope mixed with a subtle blend of a hideous lack of self belief and despair.

Ramming history down your throats

stiff upper lip old chap.

The lyrics may as well be "I get knocked down, but I get up again" etc

Think they nailed us tbf :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BOF said:

Maybe up until now it was self-deprecating irony.  But the way the draw has opened up, everyone in the bottom half HAS to at least be thinking of the possibility now.  If you're NOT thinking it, then why not? What on earth are you doing in the quarters?  As I heard someone on twitter put it earlier - Any denial at this stage just comes across as false modesty.

So even the fact that it could "come home" is quite amazing.

I think that's part of it too, it's evolving, like the matrix meme, "he's starting to believe".

Just now, a m ole said:

I think that's part of it too, it's evolving, like the matrix meme, "he's starting to believe".

You mean ...

7drHiqr.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, choffer said:

Its just a bit of fun - very few seriously believe we will win it, its just nice to have the possibility of advancing in a competition!

• Like 3

On 04/07/2018 at 20:25, mottaloo said:

That's part of my drive home from work but luckily I'd missed all that bollox. 

It really pees me off. It's as if they have to "out mental" each other or dare one another to do whacky larking around all in the name of bantz whilst being filmed and then put on Facebook. 

Like @TheAuthoritysays, what if they lose to Sweden ? The place will get wrecked, like it's the bar's fault.

My heart sinks that it seems that this sort of caper is all too frequent and appears to be just a bit of high spirits, seen every weekend on most of the country's high streets ? 

I'm trying to think of a venue to watch the game tomorrow which a) won't be rammed and full of pricks and b) i''ll be able to get to the bar in reasonable time

good luck with that. I'll be passing by Flints about 6.30pm on my way to a night shift, but will have to plan an alternative route no matter how the game finishes and that really pisses me off.

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Having a mouthful of cereal and suddenly needing to sneeze.  Carnage.

Press your finger firmly against your top lip (specifically the Philtrum) , just below the nose to stifle the urge to sneeze.

Thank me later. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm trying to think of a venue to watch the game tomorrow which a) won't be rammed and full of pricks and b) i''ll be able to get to the bar in reasonable time

I found one: 

IMG_20180707_091858.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They're screening it at Nottingham Castle, with 3,000 capacity. I'm sure it'll be an amazing atmosphere if we win, but I suspect it'll be a bit fighty if we don't. Sofa, pizza, and a fridge full of beer sounds like a better idea.

I'm going out to watch the match and am kinda wishing I wasn't.

The wife's taken the kids away for the weekend, so I've had a nice lie in and just got up.  I'll have a pint in my hand in a couple of hours.  Think I'm doing it because I feel I should be doing it rather than because I want to.

I was dubious about going out the other night against Columbia but it was a top evening. I'm watching it in the Royal in Sutton Coldfield ?

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

When did expressing support for something you think is important become 'virtue signalling'?

Have to be honest, I put that phrase up there with 'cuck' and 'snowflake' as terms that immediately highlight that the comment is complete bollocks.

Guess you are new to Facebook ,  when you discover it then you’ll know 

the NHS is about as important to her as a spell checker is to Dem 

Â