Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Catering to the local market, perhaps?  :trollface:

No. The most obvious customers are the guys with the country looking trucks. It's men from the outside the city primarily.

Condolences if you're surrounded by men with country looking trucks!   My mental image of Maine doesn't include an abundance of those.  Lobster fishermen and cranberry farmers only, with the exception of Maqroll the Renaissance man, of course!

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

It's a really strange city. Literally 2 blocks to the south there are streets with mansions.

In Bradford, the local red light district became predominantly Asian, and eventually the local Muslim youth drove the hookers out into the adjacent area - which happened to be the university precinct. So my route to and from work was infested by emaciated crack whores. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

In Bradford, the local red light district became predominantly Asian, and eventually the local Muslim youth drove the hookers out into the adjacent area - which happened to be the university precinct. So my route to and from work was infested by emaciated crack whores. 

Which still begs the question, what's the going rate for an emaciated crack whore these days? Asking for a friend.?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Which still begs the question, what's the going rate for an emaciated crack whore these days? Asking for a friend.?

Dunno, but whatever it is, it's overpriced. 

Radio 5 live covered this topic a few months back ..in one instance they said one of these emaciated crack whores (not their exact words :)) one gave birth to a baby girl and was back on the streets a few hours later :o

Edit - one gave birth , not "i" gave birth  !!!

Edited by tonyh29

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

the Germany defeat in '96.

Yeah, that!

After traipsing out of Wembley in my green/red/black away kit proudly worn on the night the Villa player missed the penalty :thumb:

They shut the tube, because violence somewhere, so they stopped all the trains. And kicked us all out. Had to traipse across half of London to get to Victoria Station totally unaware Trafalgar Square is kicking off like a bad scene from the 80's :( Only to find it shutting for the night?? and round the corner to the bus station, where I knew I had missed the last bus out of there when it all went to penalties, but thought I could take refuge until the first one in the morning. Only they shut it and kicked everyone out because, you know, homeless people might take refuge there! On to a shop doorway for the night where a security guard appeared from somewhere and tried moving me on. With just a bus ticket home and no cash left I asked him wtf I should do exactly? "If you don't fall asleep you're not technically doing anything wrong" he said and basically left me there saying he would "keep an eye" on me. At least I had my walkman :thumb:

Great days...great days...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Radio 5 live covered this topic a few months back ..in one instance they said one of these emaciated crack whores (not their exact words :)) l gave birth to a baby girl and was back on the streets a few hours later :o

Puts all those pampered players flying home from the World Cup for their child's birth to shame.

50 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Puts all those pampered players flying home from the World Cup for their child's birth to shame.

26 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Anything to pay the pool boy.

could have sworn i typed "one" and not "I" 

needless to say I wasn't involved in some Danny Devito /Arnie fertility experiment

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My mates wife having a “happy 70th Birthday NHS” profile picture

shouldnt piss me off but it does , virtual signalling at its finest

I was wondering what cover photo I should use now VT has them....

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My mates wife having a “happy 70th Birthday NHS” profile picture

shouldnt piss me off but it does , virtual signalling at its finest

My missus went to a Happy 70th NHS lunch with her colleagues yesterday ?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

My missus went to a Happy 70th NHS lunch with her colleagues yesterday ?

I think the judge will be favourable to you should you decide to do the right thing :)

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

they’re great. It’s a symbol of the atmosphere among England fans, that expectations are low and we’re enjoying the ride. 

Maybe it's because I'm not English but this is the bit I don't get. If expectations are low, why is everyone going nuts for a song proclaiming you are about to win the thing?

• Like 1

Â