Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

City Hospital in Nottingham is similar.

https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/download.cfm?doc=docm93jijm4n2873.pdf&ver=4348

I once went there to visit someone in the ward they were in the day before to be told they'd been transferred. It took me 45 minutes and about half a dozen not entirely helpful staff to find my way to the next ward.

Pretty much every major NHS hospital has a similar map. They appear to be designed by an imbecile

I was once employed to do the colour coded wayfinding in a hospital!

They constantly wanted to change and tweek everything and move away from logical colours and change where we wanted to hang signs and change the order of departments on the lists of departments. We eventually told them it was clearly such a deeply technical thing, colour wayfinding around their site, perhaps it was better if they just did it themselves.

As an absolute contrast, the BBC basically said, it's your job, go and sort it out for us. The BBC job, in my humble opinion, just worked without fuss and has never caused comment. Which is probably what you want from something so mundane.

Somewhere, there must be a nature programme with a time lapse of a spider sitting on a web. There will be a few quick frames of my little apprentice opening the door and announcing '****, someone's filming a **** spider', then reversing back out.

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was once employed to do the colour coded wayfinding in a hospital!

They constantly wanted to change and tweek everything and move away from logical colours and change where we wanted to hang signs and change the order of departments on the lists of departments. We eventually told them it was clearly such a deeply technical thing, colour wayfinding around their site, perhaps it was better if they just did it themselves.

To find colonoscopy simply follow the coloured line on the floor. 

It's brown with streaks of red. 

I've got a skip outside my house at the moment, on my drive, right outside my living room window. Its slowly getting filled up with crap.

I don't know why, but people walking up my drive to have a mooch in the skip is really irritating. There's one bloke who dips his head in every single time he walks past. He even picked out something once and 'hid' it in my hedge. 

I'm taking some solace in the fact the stuff he's rooted through and taken is in the skip for a reason - it's ****.

Edited by Chindie

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

I've got a skip outside my house at the moment, on my drive, right outside my living room window. Its slowly getting filled up with crap.

I don't know why, but people walking up my drive to have a mooch in the skip is really irritating. There's one bloke who dips his head in every single time he walks past. He even picked out something once and 'hid' it in my hedge. 

I'm taking some solace in the fact the stuff he's rooted through and taken is in the skip for a reason - it's ****.

Leave him a present.

Put some lime cordial in a jam jar, and write "NOVICHOK" on the side.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Leave him a present.

Put some lime cordial in a jam jar, and write "NOVICHOK" on the side.

Reminds me of one of my colleagues whose drink making abilities are.... questionable at best. His nickname is Nobby anyway but in the last week he's made us all spit our drinks out on first sip TWICE.

The first time the milk was so off it was virtually walking out of the fridge

The second time he mistakenly used the vegan's oat milk

His drinks have now been dubbed Nobbychok and we all refuse to drink them

Oh yes Oat Milk, that's some really putrid invention, totally gross. Another tick amongst many in the why I couldn't be a vegan box. If milk was meant to be that sweet they'd make cows eat sugar

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh yes Oat Milk, that's some really putrid invention, totally gross. Another tick amongst many in the why I couldn't be a vegan box. If milk was meant to be that sweet they'd make cows eat sugar

The most popular brands of oat milk have less sugar than dairy milk. :lol: Alpro for example is 3.3g per 100ml compared to 4.8g of semi skimmed milk.

Might not be to your tastes, which is fair enough, but it's certainly not particularly sweet. I think that needs to be chalked down to your colleague with a penchant for buggering up drinks. 

Edited by Davkaus

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The most popular brands of oat milk have less sugar than dairy milk. :lol: Alpro for example is 3.3g per 100ml compared to 4.8g of semi skimmed milk.

Might not be to your tastes, which is fair enough, but it's certainly not particularly sweet. I think that needs to be chalked down to your colleague with a penchant for buggering up drinks. 

No this was Very Sweet, made my coffee taste like liquidised quality street

The continuing World Cup wxxxathon over Mmmbop by pundits

yes, he’s young and very quick but he’s not the finished article yet by far.

everytime he gets on the ball it’s like the verbal second cumming of Christ... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kids on planes. 

Is there anything worse? You settle into your seat and some word removed kids slide into the seats behind you?

Trying to sleep and all they're doing is screaming or kicking a chair or being generally loud.

Shut the **** up. There should be a kids section on a plane. At the back, with a door. So everyone else doesn't have to listen to the little words removed.

Luckily i've never suffered noisy kids on a flight but can imagine how annoying it could be. 

I think there should definitely be adults only planes

On 14/07/2018 at 22:47, chrisp65 said:

this is why we'll never be a super power again

I thought the same when I realised there is a 'coin flip' app for phones. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Luckily i've never suffered noisy kids on a flight but can imagine how annoying it could be. 

My last two holidays I've had them.

9 hour flight last year some little shit behind us crying for, no exaggeration, about 90% of the journey.

This year two little shits behind me being noisy the whole flight back, kicking my seat, constantly playing with the tray table thing. Just impossible to get anything resembling sleep. Even with over ear headphones on and the tv turned up high I could hear them clearly. "Mommy are we there yet?" "mommy look at this" "mommy can i have a drink?" "Mommy what's a plane?" "mommy I don't like this food" "mommy why is this man in front of me threatening me with a knife?"

The mom never once tried to quieten them down. The arrogance of some people.

Edited by Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My last two holidays I've had them.

9 hour flight last year some little shit behind us crying for, no exaggeration, about 90% of the journey.

This year two little shits behind me being noisy the whole flight back, kicking my seat, constantly playing with the tray table thing. Just impossible to get anything resembling sleep. Even with over ear headphones on and the tv turned up high I could hear them clearly. "Mommy are we there yet?" "mommy look at this" "mommy can i have a drink?" "Mommy what's a plane?" "mommy I don't like this food" "mommy why is this man in front of me threatening me with a knife?"

The mom never once tried to quieten them down. The arrogance of some people.

I'm glad they pissed you off :lol: 

• Like 2

I once had to suffer a plane with at least 30 small heath fans, far worse than any kids

I can usually manage to zone out the kids and other people but 30 small heathens was just too much

Â