Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Footballers crying.

It was mentioned on here the other day I believe. Antoine Griezmann seemed to be desperately trying to cry at the final whistle yesterday in front of a row of camera's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kids on planes. 

Is there anything worse? You settle into your seat and some word removed kids slide into the seats behind you?

Trying to sleep and all they're doing is screaming or kicking a chair or being generally loud.

Shut the **** up. There should be a kids section on a plane. At the back, with a door. So everyone else doesn't have to listen to the little words removed.

Tbf that’s as much bad parenting and not the kids fault .... the kid is screaming and the parent(s) just sit there as if to say I have to put up with this at home so it’s only fair you lot suffer as well... 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Tbf that’s as much bad parenting and not the kids fault .... the kid is screaming and the parent(s) just sit there as if to say I have to put up with this at home so it’s only fair you lot suffer as well... 

It's 100% the parents' fault.

It's still the little shits making all the noise though. They should have to travel with the luggage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's 100% the parents' fault.

It's still the little shits making all the noise though. They should have to travel with the luggage.

You are Donald Trump, I claim my £5 :crylaugh:

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You are Donald Trump, I claim my £5 :crylaugh:

Nah, the parents would have to travel with them. They'd all be in the cage together.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Flying back from Cuba the other year there was a little fat lad going on about his legs hurting pretty much all flight which really pissed me off as it was an overnight flight and I wanted some sleep so I kept tutting and looking disapprovingly at the Mum.  I didn't realise until we were about to get off that he was actually partly disabled and used a wheelchair.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kids on planes. 

Is there anything worse? You settle into your seat and some word removed kids slide into the seats behind you?

Trying to sleep and all they're doing is screaming or kicking a chair or being generally loud.

Shut the **** up. There should be a kids section on a plane. At the back, with a door. So everyone else doesn't have to listen to the little words removed.

I think there's a difference between a distressed little 'un crying, and the bad parenting that has also been discussed.  My views on it have definitely changed since I became a parent though.

It's horrible hearing your child cry, especially when everything you try doesn't seem to help.  It's also horrible to have that happen on a plane, because you remember what it's like pre-parenthood when it was other people's kids making all the noise.

Bad behaviour, though, like seat-kicking, tray-fiddling and peeping over the seat in front/behind still boils my piss.  My kids aren't allowed to do that, and we make sure we've planned ways to keep them entertained for the duration of the flight.  We also make sure we're only taking flights of less than 3 hours, because otherwise it's just not realistic between the ages of 6 months and about 5 years.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Luckily i've never suffered noisy kids on a flight but can imagine how annoying it could be. 

I think there should definitely be adults only planes

There kind of is already.  Business Class.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think there's a difference between a distressed little 'un crying, and the bad parenting that has also been discussed.  My views on it have definitely changed since I became a parent though.

It's horrible hearing your child cry, especially when everything you try doesn't seem to help.  It's also horrible to have that happen on a plane, because you remember what it's like pre-parenthood when it was other people's kids making all the noise.

Bad behaviour, though, like seat-kicking, tray-fiddling and peeping over the seat in front/behind still boils my piss.  My kids aren't allowed to do that, and we make sure we've planned ways to keep them entertained for the duration of the flight.  We also make sure we're only taking flights of less than 3 hours, because otherwise it's just not realistic between the ages of 6 months and about 5 years.

Nailed it young man. Nailed it.

What's worse than all of that though?  Passive-aggressiveness towards you, or your kids because the pussy is sat there too scared to say anything, so just huffs and puffs like a tit. 

"Kick away son, kick away" :lol:  

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

VT OT really does divide along parent/childless lines. 

It's the blokes with fully functioning testicles, vs the men-children though innit?  So we basically win every time :lol: 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Nailed it young man. Nailed it.

What's worse than all of that though?  Passive-aggressiveness towards you, or your kids because the pussy is sat there too scared to say anything, so just huffs and puffs like a tit. 

"Kick away son, kick away" :lol:  

Yeah, someone being too polite to say something to the parents of a crying or misbehaving child is definitely worse than that child ruining the flight for dozens of other people ?

(and in this case I did say something. Didn't work though)

Edited by Stevo985

thing is the focus is on kids , a far worse crime imo is those people who won’t take their headphones off when the stewardesses come around with food and drink ... is it too much to ask that you pause the film take your headphones off and communicate ? I’d instruct  staff  not to serve them if it was my airline 

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I’ve seen some families where the parents fly club and then the children fly economy , I wouldn’t dream of putting my kids in economy if I was flying business , you fly as a family and if you can’t / won’t pay for all of you then , you all fly economy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

thing is the focus is on kids , a far worse crime imo is those people who won’t take their headphones off when the stewardesses come around with food and drink ... is it too much to ask that you pause the film take your headphones off and communicate ? I’d instruct  staff  not to serve them if it was my airline 

I’ve seen some families where the parents fly club and then the children fly economy , I wouldn’t dream of putting my kids in economy if I was flying business , you fly as a family and if you can’t / won’t pay for all of you then , you all fly economy 

I read a while ago that some celeb always put their kids in economy, so they experience what it's like to be "not entitled". 

I half agreed with them to be honest. 

But I can see both sides of the argument. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I read a while ago that some celeb always put their kids in economy, so they experience what it's like to be "not entitled". 

I half agreed with them to be honest. 

But I can see both sides of the argument. 

Yeah ive seen a few celebs use that line , I don’t buy that one as they then take them to Disneyland and use their celeb status to by pass every queue ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My first ever flight had me in the middle seat with a spare seat next to me by the aisle. Across the aisle, a row behind me, there was a couple with a toddler and a baby. The baby was unsettled and the toddler was a little shit with a dumb name they used every time they spoke to the kid

About half an hour into the flight, the couple decided they could abandon the toddler in the seat next to me with an iPad. The kid spent the rest of the flight playing Postman Pat videos at obscene volume, throwing a near constant tantrum and, best of all, kicked me for 3 hours. The parents didn't give a ****.

I've never wanted to see a group of people take the express route to the ground more.

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That is in no way worse.

But it is very rude. I'd happily see them not served in that scenario.

In general people are absolute words removed to airline staff, cabin crew especially. I'd hate to do that job.

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah ive seen a few celebs use that line , I don’t buy that one as they then take them to Disneyland and use their celeb status to by pass every queue ...

and failing that, they get "nanny" to do it :D 

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I have seen kids in business class! Its no guarantee to avoid them

I have sympathy with the parents if the kid is ill or distressed about flying as it must be horrible. However, if it is just the kid misbehaving because he is bored and the parents are doing nothing to alleviate the situation then that is shitty arrogant parenting. 

As is taking your misbehaving kids long haul to places like Bali or Thailand. Stick to Greece or Spain and short flights until your child is ready to ready to deal with a long haul flight and can behave himself for 12 hours. 

• Like 1

Â