Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

as I'm in the moaning mood today

people signing off emails with just one letter of their name

your name is Jo ffs , would it really be so hard to put Jo , instead of J   , you're not a rap star 

I'd understand if your name was Twathheeethantshlllj and you shortened it to clearing in the woods , but Jo doens't need shortening any further

KR for kind regards 

You're not that important that you need to shorten every word pal. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

as I'm in the moaning mood today

people signing off emails with just one letter of their name

your name is Jo ffs , would it really be so hard to put Jo , instead of J   , you're not a rap star 

I'd understand if your name was Twathheeethantshlllj and you shortened it to clearing in the woods , but Jo doens't need shortening any further

Absolute cretins.

I've never seen or heard of KR for Kind Regards.  They're distinctly less kind on account of you not even typing them out.

Getting pelters from some do-gooder in the office for having a shop-bought bottle of Buxton water on my desk.

How could I have missed the memo saying that they'd banned single-use plastics from the office for this week?!?!?

(The fact that the same bottle has been on my desk for weeks, having been refilled from the tap countless times is none of her business.)

• Like 1

I just popped in to one of those nail/beauty salons in the desperate attempt to buy a female friend a birthday present. As I walk in, 6 or 7 bleached blonde heads turn around, all the cackling conversations stop and they just stare at me, 17stone unshaven bloke in shorts. I say " haha ! I feel a bit out of place here !"......silence....not a flicker.

"Canna help yoooo ?" asks Barbie no.1

"Erm...yeah do you sell gift vouchers ?"

"Maz.....where's the vouchers ?"

Maz (aka barbie no.2) : " in the drawer, 'chelle"

Barbie no.1: "how long do I put it for ?"

Barbie no.2 : "6 months expiry"

Barbie no.1: "erm...so...that's...erm....?"

Barbie no.2 : "just put 31st Dec 2018 !"

So Barbie no.1 manages to write it out, puts it in an envelope which i immediately take out to check the dopey bint put the right amount. 

A simple transaction that should've taken 2 mins took over 5 and all the time the other staff and their punters sat gawping at me, chewing their gum in bovine like synchronicity. 

Perhaps I'd interrupted their love island debate but honest to god, they did nothing to change my mind about the reputation such a profession's staff generally has ! 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They've also done you out of 3 days of value of their product (well, 2 assuming they aren't open on New Year's Day)

Yeah i realised that but it'll be used well before 6 months' time and I really didn't want to stick around, blowing Barbie no.1's brain cell by pointing that out and besides which the fecking smell from the place was moody.....a real heavy chemical odour that the staff prob don't even notice.

I went to a wedding last Saturday and heard one of the funniest Villa-related play-off final stories I've heard in ages, told by the best man.

But a) I didn't record it for sharing and b) can't post it here. It was lavatorial in nature and involved a broken zip fly.

Why do the best stories get told in the wrong places?

8 hours ago, BOF said:

I've never seen or heard of KR for Kind Regards.  They're distinctly less kind on account of you not even typing them out.

KR, BR, KW, BW and occasionally SWALK ;)

59 minutes ago, TimTort said:

I went to a wedding last Saturday and heard one of the funniest Villa-related play-off final stories I've heard in ages, told by the best man.

But a) I didn't record it for sharing and b) can't post it here. It was lavatorial in nature and involved a broken zip fly.

Why do the best stories get told in the wrong places?

You have a higher estimation of the standard of discussion on here than I do!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You have a higher estimation of the standard of discussion on here than I do!

What I meant was that it's not worthy of it's own thread and although I could post it here I don't want to hijack the topic.

Edited by TimTort

These once every four year fans coming out the woodwork now the World Cup is on. The News showed some of these fan parks and there are people there, mainly young women, who look as though they have no idea what is going on or why they are there! Still, makes for a great selfie or Instagram post! 

/miserable bastard 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Or the 'General thread'

We love a good toilet/shit/scat based anecdote. 

I am out of likes so i couldn't leave a HaHa

But trust you, you made me laugh out loud and then MrsVM wanted in on the joke innit.

So I just explained I was laughing about scat with Xela :D

Cheers for that :thumb:

:crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Â