Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:
On 27/06/2018 at 19:22, chrisp65 said:

let this be the end of the matter

It's at times like this that I miss the old nested quoting. 

You can still do it, you just have to do it yourself now.

3 hours ago, limpid said:
On 27/06/2018 at 19:38, mjmooney said:
On 27/06/2018 at 19:22, chrisp65 said:

let this be the end of the matter

It's at times like this that I miss the old nested quoting. 

You can still do it, you just have to do it yourself now.

I never knew that!

• Like 1

When someone (usually a TV presenter) wishes the 'best of luck to all contestants'. I know it's only a social nicety, but if they all have good luck, it cancels out! 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When someone (usually a TV presenter) wishes the 'best of luck to all contestants'. I know it's only a social nicety, but if they all have good luck, it cancels out! 

"And welcome back to what has become the longest ever episode of Fifteen to One. We've now reached Day 38 and we're still yet to see a wrong answer from any contestant..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That’s not how it works! It’s worse than that. The presenter “wishing” them all good luck is not the same as each of them being allocated equal amounts of luck. If the presenter was extraordinarily lucky, her wish might come true, but then of course, she’d have used up all the luck and there’d be next to none left over for the contestants, which would be bad luck, for them. So in wishing them all good luck, she’s basically put the mockers on the lot of them. The Cow.

And if her wish didn’t come true, and only some contestants got good luck, then she’s basically rigged the game. The cheating Cow.

And if she was really unlucky and not even one of the contestants she’d wished good luck, got any luck, then she’s essentially ruined it for everyone. The Cow.

TV presenters wishing people luck are utter shits, clearly.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

That’s not how it works! It’s worse than that. The presenter “wishing” them all good luck is not the same as each of them being allocated equal amounts of luck. If the presenter was extraordinarily lucky, her wish might come true, but then of course, she’d have used up all the luck and there’d be next to none left over for the contestants, which would be bad luck, for them. So in wishing them all good luck, she’s basically put the mockers on the lot of them. The Cow.

And if her wish didn’t come true, and only some contestants got good luck, then she’s basically rigged the game. The cheating Cow.

And if she was really unlucky and not even one of the contestants she’d wished good luck, got any luck, then she’s essentially ruined it for everyone. The Cow.

TV presenters wishing people luck are utter shits, clearly.

And what are the odds of 4 people from the same country all getting luck one after the other, but not necessarily being the first to get luck on the day?  And could they even get luck again afterwards?

• Haha 2

Had a flight cancelled at stansted, not sure what the crack is, joined a queue of complainers and overheard "all we can do is give you a refund" so i got some family online trying to find me another flight from stansted with someone else, nothing on so im now in brum about to leave probably £200 out of pocket if i do just get a refund (and thats before you throw in the driving, parking etc) i would have been in line at stansted for another hour + if i wanted them to sort it for me and id be proper ****, not sure if me walking away hinders any claim i try

At least the friday afternoon race from one airport to the other was fun 

Â